Kind of done selling off parts......

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Even though I don't have much left, I will keep most of it. Too hard to find, and too expensive when I do find it. Over the years I've given away so much for free, or charged a "hobby-friendly" price. I think the time has come that if it's not made anymore, and I think I'll use it, I'll keep it. On some things, even if I can buy it new, I'll keep what I have instead of selling/or giving it away. Too often the wait is about a half a year on some things.

Even though I don't have much left, I will keep most of it. Too hard to find, and too expensive when I do find it. Over the years I've given away so much for free, or charged a "hobby-friendly" price. I think the time has come that if it's not made anymore, and I think I'll use it, I'll keep it. On some things, even if I can buy it new, I'll keep what I have instead of selling/or giving it away. Too often the wait is about a half a year on some things.
Good for you, it's about time.
Keep it all

I'm sick over the cam cores, engines, blocks and heads I've scrapped over the years, many 340 and 360 cores.
and the D dart me and my brother scrapped in 1980, we weren't very smart fellers. drove it right to the salvage yard and even left the battery in it. one of many we took and drove to the yard.

I'm sick over the cam cores, engines, blocks and heads I've scrapped over the years, many 340 and 360 cores.
and the D dart me and my brother scrapped in 1980, we weren't very smart fellers. drove it right to the salvage yard and even left the battery in it. one of many we took and drove to the yard.
I always regret leaving a good battery in one headed for the wrecking yard, and good tires.

Scraped A bodies finer than what some restore. Don't bother me one bit. Gotta do what you gotta do.

i'm going the other way and just liquidating all my crap that i've been sitting on and moving around with me for the last 25 years.

figure now, if i need it i'll just track it down and buy it. i'm not a broke *** kid anymore and the web has made it so much easier to locate parts these days.

might sit on the 69 340 only because it's correct year for my car, but the others and the transmissions and everything else? it's getting adios'd

Not to mention puttin up with tire kickers, time wasters and flat out crooks. I don't blame you.

I’m getting to the point of not selling or buying anything with pay pal as their fee’s are crazy now. On a $80.00 usd part I paid $14.54 in fee’s. Kim

I’m getting to the point of not selling or buying anything with pay pal as their fee’s are crazy now. On a $80.00 usd part I paid $14.54 in fee’s. Kim
It's gettin stupid for sure, especially for yall north of the border.

Should I really hang on to the one and only 51 plymouth hub cap I have?
I am trying to sell off and give away the parts that don't fit any of my cars or that I have an excess of.
What parts are you short on @318willrun (with a jump start)? I may have what you need.

Last edited:
Scraped A bodies finer than what some restore.
This car had scrapes on it.

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

It turned out nice.

IMG_2479.JPG

My brother in law has bad habit of not thinking far enough ahead and selling somewhat difficult to find items he doesn't immediately need.
Often he will ask me if I have one of whatever he just sold the previous year.

You wouldn't believe all the 8 3/4 and pumpkins I've scrapped over the years. Given part's to "Friends" because they needed them.
Or cut somebody a deal on a car just cuz they don't have a lot of money.... Jeez stupid me. Live and Learn as the saying goes right.

Been there. I bought a 408 stroker for $500 and sold it to a friend for the same for his 73 Roadrunner project. I felt good doing it though. It was his uncle's car that he remembered riding around in when he was 10 years old. In a small way I was a part of that project and I have no regrets. A body 833's for $100 to a friend? Sure why not. I did it once and almost twice.

Should I really hang on to the one and only 51 plymouth hub cap I have?
I am trying to sell off and give away the parts that don't fit any of my cars or that I have an excess of.
What parts are you short on @318willrun (with a jump start)? I may have what you need.
:D you have half the parts in a 5 state area !!!! today I need nothing ..... well, maybe a center section with a 3.23 or 3.55 sure grip :) Like one for the '76 Duster.... not paying the going price of 2.7 million dollars for one though :D :D

You wouldn't believe all the 8 3/4 and pumpkins I've scrapped over the years. Given part's to "Friends" because they needed them.
Or cut somebody a deal on a car just cuz they don't have a lot of money.... Jeez stupid me. Live and Learn as the saying goes right.
yep, me too .... but it was what a person did at the time.

and if you sell 600.00+ through pay pal you get a 1099 ..... no matter what you lost on the parts. shipping is crazy too. I think I've dwindled down to the right amount of parts to keep for what I do :)

Back in the 80s and 90s I had a lot of factory carbs, intakes, air cleaners and hp.exhaust manifolds.8.75 sure grips. 20 or so parts cars with enough parts to build a few nice cars. My friends were always borrowing parts. They were whining about not having money at the time. I told them instead of cash just get me the parts back. Time goes by so I ask them if the got me any parts back or we’re gonna pay me for the parts. Do u know what parts cost nowadays. I said yes but why is that my problem. So the moral of the story is I didn’t get any parts back or the cash. They sold their cars a few years ago for good money. I’m not holding my breath waiting to be reimbursed. Now we are not friends. Kim

Last edited:
Been there. I bought a 408 stroker for $500 and sold it to a friend for the same for his 73 Roadrunner project. I felt good doing it though. It was his uncle's car that he remembered riding around in when he was 10 years old. In a small way I was a part of that project and I have no regrets. A body 833's for $100 to a friend? Sure why not. I did it once and almost twice.
I've given away parts to young car guys that are just getting started. The parts that used to be so easily found are really thinning out.

I’ve done really good selling stuff on Facebook but boy it can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Advertise a set of B1 race headers and get messages asking if I have any 440 exhaust manifolds or water pumps. These people probably go ballistic when I tell them I’m a racer and I scraped all that stuff years ago. Price stuff fairly and it’s gone and paid for in three days.

-
Back