LA aluminum head options

-
For the extra ~$120, I'd buy from any of the reputable vendors here because you know what you are going to get and its correct for your application and support after you get them if you needed it before I bought "puppy mill" heads.

Well.............. We do them in house with known good parts(valves, springs, spring Cups, seals, retainers/locks, GUIDES), Good 5 angle seat/2 angle valve Valve job and hand blend, plus we fix 2 critical areas that need attention that No other shop is doing. I know this because I have had the other shops heads in here for a "check over". Not being done.

Without porting, I sell them for $1495. Porting options are stage 1($250), stage 2($450), and CNC($1000).

Complain all you want about price, but we take care of the known issues and when they leave my shop with my name on them, they are good to go!

I too can vouch for Mike. He is a stand up guy and not once did he get frustrated with all the questions I had for him on the phone. I will definitely be doing business with Mike again!

Mike, what are the two critical areas you are seeing with these heads that need attention? Thanks

Mike, what are the two critical areas you are seeing with these heads that need attention? Thanks

Sorry, but thats for me to know. Im not going to give all the info away and shoot myself in the foot. Trust me, they are areas that need attention. The Devils in the details :snakeman:

Ah, ancient Chinese secret! All good builders have 'em, that's what sets them apart.

Just a heads' up: Autozone has their 35% gift card discount on today and tomorrow, March 3-4. You get a $560 gift card back with the purchase of a pair of 60779 Edelbrock SBM heads (loaded with valves, springs, etc.) Free shipping in the USA, but you do pay your state's sales tax % if Autozone has any business presence in your state. The other SBM Edelbrock heads have similar discount $$.

And no, I don't work for them or anyone associated with it; it's just that this can be a good deal on USA products if you can use the gift card for other automotive products.

35%!?!?! Nice! And the gift cards worth is like a intake and almost a carb?

Carbs are exempt and their intakes are way overpriced without a discount, when they have the 20% they become a decent deal. I wonder if you spend the gift card you get whatever discount is rolling at the time?

Yeah I saw that! its quite a deal. Now I just can't decide if I should get the LA or Magnum style head

Carbs are exempt and their intakes are way overpriced without a discount, when they have the 20% they become a decent deal. I wonder if you spend the gift card you get whatever discount is rolling at the time?
That is an interesting question!

Yeah I saw that! its quite a deal. Now I just can't decide if I should get the LA or Magnum style head
Not sure I can help that decision......the only hing that pops out on the Magnum version is the standard 1.6 rocker ratio. I've never studied the geometry of them for higher lift.

And if you want to be alerted when these sales some up, sign up for their online shopping. I typically hate doing that but the only emails I get from Autozone are these discounts. The discounts cycle through pretty regularly; the 35% discount in the form of a gift card has shown up about 5 times in the past 7-8 months, and they have 20% and 15% and some straight cash discounts that come up regularly too.

....so pro comps can be worked and made better.
can they be bolted on as purchased without problems?

I have purchased a set of procomps and sent them to Mike @ MRL for building. Full CNC porting and components required to run .610 lift.

My engine builder is very happy with the heads. Engine is in the process of being build and hopefully in a month or two I am going to see the results on the Dyno and strip.

Good product from MRL.

i've been thinking about picking up some edelbrock magnum heads from autozone when they do the online 20% off thing. getting it back in the form of a gift card is kinda lame IMO, i got that for some misc stuff and couldn't use it online so i had to use it in the store.

there are also the ProMaxx heads, jegs has them. only come in the LA style rockers though and the 63 or 65cc chamber. the edel magnum 58cc chamber might be nice to have...

Maybe you should build your bank up before buying something you later won't be happy with.
Heads is not the place to be cheap. I speak only from my personal experience.

at the bottom of the speedmaster LA aluminum head "add" they say oil through pushrods.
..is this correct?

Toth Performance

scroll down the page...someone is selling a new sb head...

Bringing this thread back to life.....

I think I'm going with this option. Seems like a great cylinder head for the money. I am going to order a bare casting cause I already had all new components on my X heads. Not sure if I'm the guinea pig on the forum for these heads and it may be a while until I build it and have it running to offer any reviews but I will definitely share some pics of heads once they are in my possession. Like many vendors, Bruce at Toth Performance seemed very knowledgeable and offered great advice in my build.

-
Back