Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning Guys and once again Happy Friday. I honestly don't know where the time goes these days. Do we still have 24hrs in a day? Seems we're just getting over Monday and suddenly it's Friday again. Just hope it slows down for Spring, Summer and Fall.
This is a gorgeous car and pretty stout as well. Would look good in my garage.

152174788_10157447948221486_6349332280437294123_o.jpg

This is the house I was born in. Went to see it on our trip back to England in 2011.
I was born in that room right behind me.
Unfortunately, nobody was home because it was during the week.
The front part wasn't there when we had it but a nice addition
Britain 2011 339 - Copy.jpg

This is the house I was born in. Went to see it on our trip back to England in 2011.
I was born in that room right behind me.
Unfortunately, nobody was home because it was during the week.
The front part wasn't there when we had it but a nice addition
View attachment 1715692981
Nice place Mark would be neat to go back and see a few places I lived.

Nice place Mark would be neat to go back and see a few places I lived.
My sister, Diane and myself walked over to our old school and were lucky enough to go through the school. I was able to go into my old classroom as well. The walls were back to the studs and the women said you're lucky you came when you did because this section was all coming down and rebuilt.
The Church is where mom and dad got married and both my sister and I were Christened there. My sister and I are standing in the same spot as mom and dad's wedding picture was taken. The bridge is were we used to play on and stand on top when the steam trains would pass under. You'd get covered in soot but that was half the fun. Funnily a train went under the bridge when we were on top but they are all electric now. So that's when I was outside my cllassroom and the old gym and the picture of the Head Master as they were called
TTACH=full]1715692992[/ATTACH]
Britain 2011 348 - Copy.jpg
DSC03507 - Copy.JPG
Gym - Copy.JPG
Head master - Copy.JPG
J&J.jpg
J&J-Mark & Sue.jpg
Mark & Sue's old School - Copy.jpg

Britain 2011 343 - Copy.jpg

My sister, Diane and myself walked over to our old school and were lucky enough to go through the school. I was able to go into my old classroom as well. The walls were back to the studs and the women said you're lucky you came when you did because this section was all coming down and rebuilt.
The Church is where mom and dad got married and both my sister and I were Christened there. My sister and I are standing in the same spot as mom and dad's wedding picture was taken. The bridge is were we used to play on and stand on top when the steam trains would pass under. You'd get covered in soot but that was half the fun. Funnily a train went under the bridge when we were on top but they are all electric now. So that's when I was outside my cllassroom and the old gym and the picture of the Head Master as they were called
TTACH=full]1715692992[/ATTACH] View attachment 1715692993 View attachment 1715692994 View attachment 1715692995 View attachment 1715692996 View attachment 1715692997 View attachment 1715692998 View attachment 1715692999

View attachment 1715692992
Cool pictures Mark and good memories for sure.
I'd love to have been on that bridge when a train went by.

Cool pictures Mark and good memories for sure.
I'd love to have been on that bridge when a train went by.
This is the best I can do. This one is electric of course. Our house backed onto the tracks and on a Sunday when we were having roast beef I would jump the fence and pick wild horseradish. It grew wild there. I never liked it and still don't
Britain 2011 345 - Copy.jpg

This is the best I can do. This one is electric of course. Our house backed onto the tracks and on a Sunday when we were having roast beef I would jump the fence and pick wild horseradish. It grew wild there. I never liked it and still don't
View attachment 1715693001
Nice view I would have thrown paper air planes off it, loved doing that.
I love horseradish never had wild though.

Is "A" body the "Ghetto" of the classic Mopar world? I only ask because I have A,B and E body Mopars. And I belong to all 3 sites. And the topics of discussions are VERY different? B-bodies talk a lot about higher end numbers matching builds. E-bodies is a mad parts scramble. A-bodies? "Can I use a '78 F-body 6 cyl distributor cap on my '76 Aspen?" Ok. If this is not the "Last" post? Then Im thinking this thread is a scam?

not so much the ghetto as the trailer park

And don't forget driving on different sides of the road also. I'm used to driving on the other side of the road so not difficult for me. Other people not so good. We found the best place to eat in the U.K. is the pubs. Only been to the U.K. so far but would love to do Europe. As long as I can still drive I'll always rent a car, this way we can go to where we want to go and see not held captive by the bus driver.
BTW.. we did a comparison of the size of England to Canada. England is half the size of our Province of Ontario.
I was born there just outside London in mom and dad's house in 1949 and came to Canada in 1957. March 10th we'll have been here for 64 years. My sister was born in the hospital as she was first but after that any other kids born were born at home with a midwife.

not too many places drive on the wrong side of the road, all of mainland europe drives on the right

ive been to the UK once, long story, but i think i shared it recently
(found it, its actually post 45011 on this thread)

as for the size difference
people here always get surprised when they find out that the Netherlands (which is a country) is smaller then, say, lake michigan (which is a lake)

FWIW the Netherlands is just over 16K square miles, lake Michigan is more then 22K square miles

im pretty sure i was born in the same bed i was conceived in...in a house my grandfather build with his own two hands, only 4 or 5 years before he got his masons license

its still pretty common in the Netherlands to have home births, but in this day and age it seems like a terrible idea
when things go wrong with a delivery it will only take a few minutes for brain damage to occur, or worse
(not to mention that regardless of how skilled a midwife is...she is just one girl with a nursing degree, while if you take your wife into a hospital for a delivery you got a whole team dedicated to the care of your family)

Is "A" body the "Ghetto" of the classic Mopar world? I only ask because I have A,B and E body Mopars. And I belong to all 3 sites. And the topics of discussions are VERY different? B-bodies talk a lot about higher end numbers matching builds. E-bodies is a mad parts scramble. A-bodies? "Can I use a '78 F-body 6 cyl distributor cap on my '76 Aspen?" Ok. If this is not the "Last" post? Then Im thinking this thread is a scam?
Well for 49.95 plus shipping and handling you can join us for the last prize club ,up for grabs are fabulous prizes,like the double ended crescent wrench, the magic glove just to name a few , welcome feel free to put in a joke or two , a meme ,keep it clean of course and sit back and enjoy the ride in the most underrated car mopar has produced cheers !

Well guys old age wisdom finally starting to get the hang of it.
I can now for the first time fall asleep at my computer chair without falling off and crashing on the floor and wake up.
Took a lot of practice but got it down real good I think. LOL

Well guys old age wisdom finally starting to get the hang of it.
I can now for the first time fall asleep at my computer chair without falling off and crashing on the floor and wake up.
Took a lot of practice but got it down real good I think. LOL
Lol Fred , been doing that a long time.

I can sleep standing up.

Went to work one morning , got up sat on the toilet, woke up an hour later. Could not stand up legs fell asleep ....lol needless to say I was late for work.:lol:

i used to work at a place where they had timers on the lights in the bathroom
it would come on when you walk in and go off after a few minutes of no movement

wouldnt you know it, there were a few stalls you could dance in and it wouldnt detect movement?

you ever have to wipe in the dark, and try to figure out if you had a 2 or 3 wiper?

-
Back