Lca

-

CRUZE 418

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So how do you get the rubber out of the damn sleeve?

Never had any trouble than ever using a screwdriver, working it around the rubber, and prying it out, after you press out the shaft.
Easy peasy.

Well, tried welding a washer on, failure. Buggerd one are from welding, but will be okay. So, I am going to wrestle or burn the rubber out. Then try to cave the sleeve in.
Yes, some swearing is involved and I am not done yet.

Rubber came right out with a screwdriver. The sleeve is way thicker than I thought.

Well, just ruined one lower control arm. Better come up with a new plan. Actually, just discovered that the other one is ruined from trying to weld a washer on. So I am off to the wanted adds, and when I get the new used ones, I will be right back where I started.

Last edited:
Do they make a tubular lca? They are a little pricey, being I have and was trying to install Bergman Delrins and new shafts.

Last edited:
So now your trying to get the bushing "shell' "sleeve" "collar" (whatever you want to call it) out of the LCA.
There are a few methods that are used in getting them out.
A popular method is screwing a 1 3/8 inch tap into the shell, and then pressing it out.
So you probably don't have a 1 3/8 inch tap.
Then you surgically got to chisel.
Ya the "flame wrench" torch, would work for you too.

Member Jim Lusk has an excellent video on rebuilding LCA's.
Do a search and look it up.

And by the way, not to toot my own horn, or anything, i sell REBUILT LCA's here on this site.
Look in the suspension, for sale section.
Jim V.
hemi71x

[FOR SALE] - **REBUILT** Lower Control Arms For All The 1962-76 A Body Line Of Cars.

Thank you, cheapsunglasses in giving me the incentive to let this person know what i have.

Last edited:
They do, I don’t know if that’s your only solution, or even your best solution, my joke probably derailed the thread, sorry. But Qa1 is $524

7E101234-A23A-4762-BEEF-ABF02B0D2686.png

hemi71x sounds like a good route. Also @hemi71x toot your horn all day! Rebuilding LCA sucks!

Sorry, little upset at the moment. Looked at your lca, they look great, but I have new Delrin bushings and new shafts. I'm done with this for awhile till I cool down.

Sorry, little upset at the moment. Looked at your lca, they look great, but I have new Delrin bushings and new shafts. I'm done with this for awhile till I cool down.

That’s why I suggested a more helpful cold snack break. Have a nice drink, go to the joke and funny stuff section of this great forum, and cool down a bit. Nothing good comes from anger.
:thumbsup:

Well, sounds like your going with aftermarket parts, so then i don't have what your looking for with my already, rebuilt LCA's. with stock type bushings.

Good luck. Inner sleeve I went cold chisel and got my head around the fact that it was going to take s while to work it through.

20220407_233319.jpg

Looks like maybe I was premature in saying that both arms were ruined. Looking for a tap. Used too large of a washer when welding, it got into the adj arm sleeve on one, the other may be alright. Will take it to my machine shop friend, he should have a tap. More to follow, next week.
Thanks everyone!

Wow, I’ve never heard of that method, that’s great! I’m a younger member here, I was taught by my dad, who grew up around his dad that was a life long mechanic.

If you do the tap method, I used a gear puller to press the outer shell outta the LCA. I did end up buying a 20 ton press.

I used the tap method, it worked fantastic. Got mine on eBay.
For you guys that are planning on a rebuild of your LCA's, keep looking on ebay for a 1 3/8 inch tap.
I purchased those size taps, for as little as $12.50 in the past.
They are all over the map, price wise, from sellers, vendors, but if you don't need one right away, there are deals to be had, for them, from time to time.
JV
hemi71x

1 3/8-6 tap: Search Result | eBay

-
Back