Leaf springs

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just bought some Mancini springs and noticed the clamp location is different on these. Is there a right and left? Possibly more clamps in the passenger side?

20200106_181359.jpg

Super Stock Springs? They would be the only ones with different leaf packs per side. Even the leaves are different lengths between the two int he picture.

They are just heavy duty springs from Mancini. Their web page shows the same when ordering. One had a 81 and the other 82. I assumed the more clamps and 82 goes on passenger side..

20200106_191336.jpg

You know I never even noticed that. I bought mine for my 66 Barracuda from Mancinis and yes the even number 82 goes on the passenger side. Mancinis HD springs are made by John R Springs you should have a JRS stamped on them somewhere.
Bob

z340.JPG

z342.JPG

z344.JPG

Those look like SS springs to me. WHo know what Mancini is ordering and rebadging?

Super stocks have a extra leaf on the passenger side don't they?

I think so. And more arch. They really look like a different spring laid side by side. I used them once, never again..

The S/S Springs have more leafs and more arch for the passenger side. My car comes off the line very nice with the S/S springs and Competition engineering adjustable shocks.

drag 4-27-13.jpg

My 70 440-6 RR came with the "Trak pak" however it's spelled, and the pass side was for certain beefier than the left

Super Stock Springs? They would be the only ones with different leaf packs per side.
Not true, not at all. Even the OE 440/HEMI springs had more springs on the passenger side. All the S/S springs I have had except the lightest ones available had an extra lead on the passenger side.
(Not that I have had a zillion sets... just 3.)

-
Back