-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeP2

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am new to the group but no stranger to Mopars or A-Bodies. I have been looking for a higher quality A-Body for a few months.
I have not found anything that excites me yet.

Here is what I am looking for:
- 68-72 Dart or GTS (convertible or coupe)
- 70-72 Duster or Demon
- 68-69 Barracuda
- Must have the original fender tag and be true to it - Day 2 mods ok, no color changes.
- Body numbers must match VIN.
- Acceptable engines 318 or 340 (preferred). Numbers matching preferred but period correct engine/trans is ok.
- Transmission 3 or 4 speed manual, or automatic.
- Paint - nice quality, Black, Blues, Greens, White, Silver, FC7, FY3
- Body - stripes and/or scoops a bonus, no visible rust, if restored... metalwork must be correct & not sculpted with filler. Quality restoration - no painted latches, no painted bumpers or non body color underhood or trunk paint.
- Trunk - no rust through or soft spots in the floor or the spare tire well.
- Underside - undercoat OK as long as the metal is solid.

I have looked at 5 promising cars in the past few months, all have been disappointing mostly for the quantity of Bondo in the bodies.

I am not looking for a project (I already have one), I am looking for a very nice driver quality car that I will drive regularly and show.
I am also not looking to steal a car - I am well in tune with the market value of these cars. I have money and do not need my wife's approval to pull the trigger.
I am in NJ but will travel anywhere in the US to see the right car.

I appreciate your help finding my dream A-Body.

Thank you.

Joe P.

have you seen this yet? For Sale: 1971 Dodge Dart in Sherman, Texas

i know it's through an auction house, so it'll be at a premium, but this is about the most high end and clean example i've seen out in the wild in awhile. for the record, i'm not affiliated with the car or that business in any way.

also, spring fling is coming up out here in SoCal in about a month Spring Fling 35 Apr 15 & 16, 2023 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

there's always TONS of great cars that come out of the wood work for the show.

best of luck with your search!

have you seen this yet? For Sale: 1971 Dodge Dart in Sherman, Texas

i know it's through an auction house, so it'll be at a premium, but this is about the most high end and clean example i've seen out in the wild in awhile. for the record, i'm not affiliated with the car or that business in any way.

also, spring fling is coming up out here in SoCal in about a month Spring Fling 35 Apr 15 & 16, 2023 Van Nuys CA -info & roll call

there's always TONS of great cars that come out of the wood work for the show.

best of luck with your search!
That's a pretty darn nice car.

I did see that one - unfortunately its a engine swap to a 360 from the original 318 which is where I stopped.
Looks like a nice car. It has been on the market for a while at a reasonable price especially for a dealer.
There are just not any nice A Bodies on the market right now - have to wonder where they all are. I found one in Canada but it would take 6 months to title it here in my state so I passed.
I’m just curious as to why it would take 6 months to get a title in your state. U have been searching that long already. What’s a few more months for the right car? Kim

try this one. contact info is fuzzy. it is
champion classics,llc
3111 n service road e
foristell, missouri
63348-1224

20230316_132245.jpg

20230316_132301.jpg

I did see that one - unfortunately its a engine swap to a 360 from the original 318 which is where I stopped.
Looks like a nice car. It has been on the market for a while at a reasonable price especially for a dealer.
There are just not any nice A Bodies on the market right now - have to wonder where they all are. I found one in Canada but it would take 6 months to title it here in my state so I passed.
the insistence of a "numbers matching" car shrinks your sample size considerably. i personally wouldn't have a problem with a 318 car getting a 360, 340 or a magnum, but i can certainly understand and appreciate your position. after all, it's your money and you want what you want. but i'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

here's another at a dealer/auction that shows nice at first glance. 1970 Plymouth Duster 340 - cars & trucks - by dealer - vehicle...
the claim as to a rotisserie resto a few years ago is a little little suspect. but it is a legit 340 car by the VIN which would suggest the fender tag matches. i read the inspection report on it and came away a little less than thrilled. not exactly turned off, but not wowed. at, or near, that price i think there's better out there.

this one here looks absolutely the nuts and the price reflects that.

there aren't a ton of pics, but from what i can see the work looks to be good. if it were a 4spd car and was highly optioned from the factory i could see it commanding very close to that kind of loot. one thing is for sure, you couldn't build it for that...

again, in the name of transparency, i don't have any affiliation with either of these cars.

I would like to contact you regarding a 1972 duster that I have, but I keep getting a message that I have reached my conversation limit

I would like to contact you regarding a 1972 duster that I have, but I keep getting a message that I have reached my conversation limit
I'd love to hear about your car but I don't know to troubleshoot the tech problem.

Goto the little mail emblem on the top right. Then click on the little box on the right on the conversations you want to delete. Some times there is ads in the way. Dustin

Last edited:
re: that white dart, we've had a look at it before around here (another member was considering it). while it's not a "project car", i doubt it would meet the standards of what you're looking for.

U will have to delete some messages. To do that got to the top of a message. Top left it will say edit. Click that, then it will have a few options, then click leave conversation, click that, then a yellow sign comes up, click it then B u have left the message. Then do how many u want to delete. Kim

Me neither, I have tried with no success. I have a 1972 gold duster 6 cylinder automatic with 37k original miles that is a near perfect survivor.

Goto the little mail emblem on the top right. Then click on the little box on the right on the conversations you want tip delete. Some times there is ads in the way. Dustin
If that was meant for me I deleted a bunch of my responses. If not geared for me then I am a techno idiot .

Me neither, I have tried with no success. I have a 1972 gold duster 6 cylinder automatic with 37k original miles that is a near perfect survivor.
I love slant sixes, unfortunately most were replaced by V8's. I've had several slant six A-Bodies. I balanced and blueprinted my first 225 A-Body (mom's grocery getter & my avatar). Clifford Research headers, Offy manifold, Holley 650, 4 speed & 8.75" rear, Mallory electronic ignition. It sounded a little odd after 3000 RPM but it smoked many a Chevy 350. If you can figure out how to get the info to me I am interested.

Looks like you need to clear out your mailbox - this is the message I got: Oops! We ran into some problems. The following recipients have reached their maximum allowed inbox limit: barracudajohn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back