Looking for a torque converter.....

-

weaverjsnw

Reaction score
Discovered a crack on the hub of mine...out of a 64 dart gt 225 w/push button a904. anybody know where I could find a good one?

Attachments

• 2014-07-29_19-49-00_417 (640x480).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 2014-07-29_19-49-46_180 (640x482).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 221
Repair it how? Weld it and grind it down?

*pounces* You know the answer! :blob:

I did go there and found the one listed for my car. I haven't called them yet. Scared to hear the prices I guess. I don't have a lot of cash at the moment. Already borrowed $300 to do a basic rebuild on the engine. Just looking for options.....

I did go there and found the one listed for my car. I haven't called them yet. Scared to hear the prices I guess. I don't have a lot of cash at the moment. Already borrowed $300 to do a basic rebuild on the engine. Just looking for options.....

thank you for the info...so far they are the only place I know....

I have one from the 904 trans we are not using. I'm in Seattle. I'll take pictures and we can talk after that.

if you have it repaired...make sure it is a chromemoly snout that is weld back on..

I have a rebuilt 904 torque convertor that I put only about 300 miles on. It currently is setup for a 360. Which means that the weight needs to be removed from the convertor and the slip ring on the torque convertor snout needs to be removed as well.

$75 + freight from Phoenix

Good luck,
Mike

call a local transmission shop-- not a national chain but one that has been there a while --you can still get this converter in stock configuration-- for not much coin. If you have issues pm me 7 i'll see if my local shop[ can still get it-- ,Lawrence

Awesome. I just got my engine parts in. Need to raise some cash. May take me a week or so. I'll get back to you when I have it. Thanks!

Discovered a crack on the hub of mine...out of a 64 dart gt 225 w/push button a904. anybody know where I could find a good one?

If you have a 64 engine and 904, isn't the convertor hub small compared to the 68 up convertors? The later convertors, large hub, will not work with a small crank register. Double check now before you put down your cash.

-
Back