Lost and found post your engine vin

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I have been trying to find my orig 340 engine for my for formula s ragtop, with no success yet. From what I have found out the guy that had it in his garage 20 years ago apparently was killed unfortunately so it will take a miracle to find this engine. But I thought that I am not the only guy in this predicament. I have had my engine for about 5 years and cant wait for my car to be done(or at least to the point where I can put the engine in) But if I knew that someone was looking for my engine as it was their original one that I would help them out, or at least let them have dibs on it. I thought if anyone wanted to post their engine vin, hopefully it may help out a member trying to find theirs. I realize not all years had stampings, but this is a start right? I put the vin for my 340 below.

Vin # 9B891268
Build date 8-11-69

Steve

Hey plum, Im not doing this for me, I am hoping that other members will jump on board and help each other out by posting their engine vins. Post whatever engine vin you want, whether its /6, 273 318 etc etc. If you can find a build date as well that would help too. I thought the mods might make this a sticky.

Steve

Here are the #'s from the 340 block I have:

Engine Date Code: 07/09/69 (Night)
Casting Number: 2780930-340-3
FW340P29750182 (next to head on the front of the engine)
OE112470 ( next to oil pan )

Interesting thread 4spd......Maybe you should post the block VIN # you're looking for also. It may be a long shot, but I found our old 71 Demon right here on FABO without even looking for it!!

Good Luck in your quest and would be a cool find 8).

Interesting thread 4spd......Maybe you should post the block VIN # you're looking for also. It may be a long shot, but I found our old 71 Demon right here on FABO without even looking for it!!

Good Luck in your quest and would be a cool find 8).

the vin I am looking for is 9B352197 for my 69 340 cuda. I have posted before with no luck, but this thread isnt for me, it is hopefully to help other members out in their search. It doesnt have to be a 340, it could be for any engine at all.

Steve

I have 2 currently
5-26-69
OR162022
FW34030270506

9-11-68
9E150639
EW340P27840138

humm casted on 9-11 interesting...

what we need here is a section for lost and found engines, trans, fender tags and build sheets. No bumps or reply's just lost and found only!
I found my 340 engine for my Duster on this site. thanks to 440WIP

somebody need to talk to Joey

I'd post the number for my block if I could find the damn things!

what we need here is a section for lost and found engines, trans, fender tags and build sheets. No bumps or reply's just lost and found only!

I agree Dave, your proof right there that it works! I remember that thread a while back.

70duster, you cant find the vin or your blocks?? LOL. You probably already know, but the vin is on the pass side right abv the oil pan rail, on a flat machined surface.

Steve

Now there is a man with a good idea , especially for 340 cars, as far as 318,s slants not keen on that, but for 340 cars great idea , actually there is a guy selling a 69 a few ads up some people with incorrect 340,s may want to check your vin,s

lol Steve allowed 1000 pm's and box is full. He is a PM horder and we are trying to break him of this before an intervention is/was needed. I think the time has come Steve. =)

4spdragtop , your message box is full , was trying to send you a private, thanks

LOL, gold membership ran out, so if you want my email is 4spdragtop(at)gmail.com. Im not renewing for a while, priorities are to keep bills paid and keep the house. I may start a thread with my email in it.

Thanks
Steve

Now there is a man with a good idea , especially for 340 cars, as far as 318,s slants not keen on that, but for 340 cars great idea , actually there is a guy selling a 69 a few ads up some people with incorrect 340,s may want to check your vin,s

don't forget 383 and 440 A bodies

bump for MIA engines

I need to post mine here as well, sorry folks no 340 on the hill here
But I can post my 440 and the 360 the boys and I raced
for 3 years, and my 66 170/..... it will take some time but it will be
dune. cool thread 4spd :coffee2:

This would be a great Idea!

Good thread idea 4 spd.
Another good idea would be the areas the car has been in it's life and where it is now.
That might narrow down the searches a bit, and bring attention to the possible ''hot spots''.
Maybe it's possible to find missing transmissions this way too.

this is a great idea wish i could help both my 360s are newer than mosat our cars lol idk the codes of the top of my head but one is a 1976 360-2 car and the other i just got is a 91 roller lol

I know it's sometimes a bad word here, but Moparts has a big lost and found section. Might be worth doing some lurking.

I think this is a super idea. A friend of mine shipped his 340 back to US to the owner of a Challenger T/A! I would do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back