Lost my pops today

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Lost my dad today. He was 85. I don't even know what to say. His health was slowly failing, but the ole man was mentally sharp as a tack to the end. I talked w him a few days ago. We talked model A Fords and MoPars. Had a great phone visit. I would talk to him on my way to work while he ate breakfast most mornings. Mom said they watched National Lampoon's Christmas vacation last night and had a good laugh. He loved that movie. Mom asked me to write a eulogy. I leave for N.J. on a flight out on monday.

Anybody reading this, give your loved ones a hug. Tell em you love them. Slow down, enjoy life a bit more. Maybe call an old friend or a family member that's far away and talk with them. Time is always limited in regards to these things.

Matt

Last edited:
Lost my dad today. He was 85. I don't even know what to say. His health was slowly failing, but the ole man was mentally sharp as a tack to the end. I talked w him a few days ago. We talked model A Fords and MoPars. Had a great phone visit. I would talk to him on my way to work while he ate breakfast most mornings. Mom said they watched National Lampoon's Christmas vacation last night and had a good laugh. He loved that movie. Mom asked me to write a eulogy. I leave for N.J. on a flight out on monday.

Anybody reading this, give your loved ones a hug. Tell em you love them. Slow down, enjoy life a bit more. Maybe call a an old friend or a family member that's far away and talk with them. Time is always limited in regards to these things.
/QUOTE]
So sorry to hear that Matt.

Anybody reading this, give your loved ones a hug. Tell em you love them. Slow down, enjoy life a bit more. Maybe call a an old friend or a family member that's far away and talk with them. Time is always limited in regards to these things.

Matt

Sorry for your loss , been 15 years since I lost mine. Not a day go's by I don't think of him.

Man that’s a tough time in your life. I know. My dad died in 2010 at the age of 86. Thou due to dementia I lost him years before. I feel your pain. Sounds like you two had a great relationship to the very end. That’s something to cherish.

My sincere sympathies. It is always tough, and sounds like you and your Dad had a great relationship. My Dad only made it to 71. His Dad lasted a few days past his 100th birthday. So you never know.

Sorry for the loss of your Father Matt, sounds like he lived a good life and had a great Son. Your second paragraph goes with my signature here..

Sorry to here this Matt. I know it's hard, I lost mine a few years ago , we were pretty close also ! Hang in there , your mother may need some help with this too .

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad 9 years ago at the age of 96. I'd call at least once a week, always on Sunday, to talk to him. Even now some Sundays I have an impulse to call him and realize that it isn't going to happen.

My condolences Matt. I too lost my dad 15 years ago at 92. Cherish the memories.

Sorry for your loss, Matt. Prayers that God will send you and your family comfort during this hard time. I am fortunate to still have both of mine: dad is 92 and mom is 87. Both getting pretty frail but getting by pretty much unassisted. I call them just about every day.

Sorry for your loss, Matt. I was 19, dad was 53. We didnt get along. That was 38 years ago. Its great you had a relationship right to the end. May he RIP.

Sorry for you loss! Prayers for you and your family...especially Mom. Lost my Dad 12 years ago...he was 58.

I’m very sorry for your loss. No words express the loss of a love one.

I will Matt. I hug my kids everyday and tell them I love them but the next time I will think of your Dad and you. I will be mindful that you only get so many days on this Earth.
May he be waiting for you all in Heaven. I pray that the Lord be with your Mother and comfort her soul in this trying time.

Matt
Sorry for your loss.keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.Very tough especially at this time of the year.RJ

Thank you for sharing this very personal loss, I'm sure he will be greatly missed!!

Man that’s a tough time in your life. I know. My dad died in 2010 at the age of 86. Thou due to dementia I lost him years before. I feel your pain. Sounds like you two had a great relationship to the very end. That’s something to cherish.
Yeah, the loss sucks. OP is fortunate that his Dad was still lucid and clear till the end. Losing a Parent is heartbreaking.

Sorry for your loss Matt. I was 12, dad was 41. That was back in 1956. I don't have a lot of memories, but the ones I do I let them put a smile on my face. Remember those.

Oh man! So sorry to be reading this Matt. Best wishes for you during this time.

When you write, make people laugh & laugh hard if you can.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Matt. The memories just get sweeter with time. Hard to believe now but it will happen. God bless you and yours.

Very sorry for your loss. Losing a father is hard...losing a dad is much harder. Sounds like you have a lifetime of great memories to help carry you through.

So very sorry for your loss Matt. May your memories of the good times you shared carry you through your time of grief.
My dad passed in 2006, just a few weeks shy of his 79th birthday. We didn't always get along, but the last few years were pretty good. Mom is still going pretty strong at 88 years young, saw her last night for about 2 hours.

Sorry for your loss Matt. It has been 5 years to the day that I lost my dad and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

-
Back