Magnum 360 ?

-
Whats the difference between an Magnum RT360 vs Magnum non-RT360? Cam/compression? Ie. “RT”?

Whats the difference between a Magnum RT360 vs Magnum non-RT360? Cam/compression? Ie. “RT”?
Just the cylinder head is different IF you have an actual “R/T” head. That’s the thing everyone misses. If you have a Dodge Durango and a Dodge Durango R/T, the engines are the exact same. Anyone who tells you there R/T car/truck has the R/T heads ether is lying or has no clue.

The R/T badged vehicles are supposed to have an upgraded suspension. Nothing in the engine is different.

The R/T head has R/T embossed at the corner of the head and MoPar at the other corner. The casting of the head is different. As in a lot! Notice the difference in the below videos.

View the head here
-->

And here for a stock Magnum cylinder head
—>

Last edited:
Just the cylinder head is different IF you have an actual “R/T” head. That’s the thing everyone misses. If you have a Dodge Durango and a Dodge Durango R/T, the engines are the exact same. Anyone who tells you there R/T car/truck has the R/T heads ether is lying or has no clue.

The R/T badged vehicles are supposed to have an upgraded suspension. Nothing in the engine is different.

The R/T head has R/T embossed at the corner of the head and MoPar at the other corner. The casting of the head is different. As in a lot! Notice the difference in the below videos.

View the head here
-->

And here for a stock Magnum cylinder head
—>

So what cars if any came with these RT heads?

None. Zero. Only available over the counter from Mopar Performance. Sorta the same deal as W2s or any of the W series heads for smallblocks.
And by the way, Magnums (not talkin big blocks, just the smallblock Magnum) never came in any passenger car. Just trucks & SUVs.

Last edited:
None. Zero. Only available over the counter from Mopar Performance. Sorta the same deal as W2s or any of the W series heads for smallblocks.
And by the way, Magnums (not talkin big blocks, just the smallblock Magnum) never came in any passenger car. Just trucks & SUVs.

And that is a 100% Bell ringing confetti dropping loud TA-DAAAAAAA trumpet blasting symbol crashing correct answer.

At the time I was drinking morning coffee and could t think of a “car” that came with one. So indeed it in not remembering.

Thanks you @Professor Fate !!!!!!

The professor nailed it.
Full size Ram pick ups, certain Dakotas, Durangos.

While there are R/T versions of cars, they are NOT V8 powered.

The R/T head is no longer made or offered. F you want to step up on a Magnum head, available new is the Chink head castings and the American made Edelbrock.
Personally, I’d go with the Edelbrock head.

I think I saw servidio looking at one of the Chinese Magnum copies. I don't recall the conclusions if any. Does anyone know if they are on compared to the stock magnums?

I swagged a new pair of R/T heads a couple years ago for 200.00. Can't find any Mopar 2.02" 7mm valves any more so had to use LS valves. All the machine work is finished on my 5.9 and just waiting for me to put it together.

-
Back