Magnum R/T Production Engine Question

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
OK guys, here's a tough one...... Did the Magnum R/T production engine come with the R/T Magnum heads and larger cam plus an upgraded ECU?

Fill me in on the new stuff, I'm a LA engine guy. :) It's boring as hell here too tonight. Memike must be busy, lol. :read2:

The Magnum R/T was a station wagon that came with the 5.7 liter hemi or the 3.5 l v6.

If you are taking about a Dakota, Durango or RAM R/T the 5.9 liter magnum engine did not come with the R/T heads nor any other engine upgrades. The engine was no different that the 5.9 in non R/T vehicles. The limited edition RAM R/T Indy truck had a cat back exhaust.

OK guys, here's a tough one...... Did the Magnum R/T production engine come with the R/T Magnum heads and larger cam plus an upgraded ECU?

In a word, No. The R/T engine extra's were a MP bolt on package much like the Edelbrock packages. MoPar gave a list of parts that were the Heads, springs, cam, computer, air filter like a K&N F.I.P.K. and exhaust from headers back I beileve. (OE cat was used.)

Fill me in on the new stuff, I'm a LA engine guy. :) It's boring as hell here too tonight. Memike must be busy, lol. :read2:

no the R/T production engine did not come with the R/T heads... the R/T heads have R/T casted into them below the exhaust ports...the later crate engine came with R/T heads.

-
Back