Maybe an other head producer in the game.

-
So you’ve machined and built several Dart blocks, some world Stuff and what? Several Ritters so you have something to compare it to, or are you repeating what you’ve heard?

You aren’t a machinist are you?

Very prominent guys in the Mopar racing community have mentioned time and again issues with Ritter blocks. Guys you probably know.
No, I am not a machinist, and could care less about Chevy issues or non issues. In fact guys on this very forum who are probably reading this

I talked to the engineer that was involved on the Ritter block project sometime after 2014 when I bought my 74 heads up duster. We were at Keystone when I was introduced to him during the after hours when we were sipping on a few adult beverages. At the time I didn’t have my R3 block but I did have my Keith Black block. I was telling him about the car and my plans and I told him I would have loved to build a nitrous small block as the car was set up for one. I then went on to say I would have bought a Ritter blade Cj but they were having so many issues. That’s when he told me he was Ken’s engineer and he helped develop that project. He said their biggest mistake was backing the wrong horse for testing. He went on to say that this “horse” bad mouthed every little issue with the block on the internet and really set the program back. He offered to get me a price for a block and gave me his number. Being on a limited budget and having so many big block parts it was a road I couldn’t travel. If I was 50-55 years old I would be making that call but I’m to old for that game. Like always please excuse any bad spelling as I rarely reread my posts till later.

I can believe that story. 100% believe it. And that’s exactly how this **** starts.

Very prominent guys in the Mopar racing community have mentioned time and again issues with Ritter blocks. Guys you probably know.
No, I am not a machinist, and could care less about Chevy issues or non issues. In fact guys on this very forum who are probably reading this

Right. What I’m saying is the Ritter is no more a problem to machine and build than ANY other aftermarket block. It’s just not.

Yet here you are, with ZERO personal experience building anything repeating the same ****.

When you look at a comparable RACE block from ANY manufacturer you’ll see the Ritter is competitively priced and doesn’t require much if any special machining.

And WTF? Machinists bitching about machining something? That’s crazy. No one, and I mean no one makes a block you pull out of the crate and bolt parts on.

So there are blocks out there. Reading **** like this makes other potential companies who may be on the edge of building blocks for the arrogant Chrysler customer not want to deal with us.

I don’t blame them.

This post really got taken off the rails from heads to blocks but I’ll add one more thing. One of the fast NA small block Mopars in the country is running a Ritter block.

IMG_0943.jpeg

Right. What I’m saying is the Ritter is no more a problem to machine and build than ANY other aftermarket block. It’s just not.

Yet here you are, with ZERO personal experience building anything repeating the same ****.

When you look at a comparable RACE block from ANY manufacturer you’ll see the Ritter is competitively priced and doesn’t require much if any special machining.

And WTF? Machinists bitching about machining something? That’s crazy. No one, and I mean no one makes a block you pull out of the crate and bolt parts on.

So there are blocks out there. Reading **** like this makes other potential companies who may be on the edge of building blocks for the arrogant Chrysler customer not want to deal with us.

I don’t blame them.

Kinda cracks me up, the hypocrisy of some people. And I am not referring to you specifically.
I tooted the horn a lot about the new Bloomer heads. Even stated( many times) the original head they offered was a dud.
I put my money where my mouth was an bought a set at a time when only one guy I had heard of had been down the track with them.
Turns out now they are the best factory replacement head available.
Got ridiculed constantly for bragging about a new Mopar product, as though I made a dime telling everybody how nice they were.
So someone decides to call me out, when I have read horror stories about teething issues with the Ritter blocks.
In fairness, from what I have heard, they have gotten way better recently.
But that wasn’t the case for a long time.

it's nice to see the mopar community get some attention but do we need another 550-600 hp head? the Edelbrock Victor head got no love cause it was ''to much money from the mopar crowd''. everyone bitched at the price, only a few guys run them and nobody mentions them at all.
even the W2 gets **** on all the time for needing a special intake, rockers, headers...... and that is what is killing us. most guys will only need the Edelbrock, Speedmaster, TrickFlow, and PW heads. how many guys are willing to step up and venture into the W8/W9 and Victor head territory to reach the next level?

if i didn't dive into the W8 head stuff, i would definitely get a set of Bloomer heads. they seem to make a lot of steam.

The bottom line folks is there are already small and big block heads out there that can flow enough to explode any available block.
It's the blocks that are taxed.
Truth is people want something cheap, that's why all the interest in China heads, now everyone wants China to produce a block.

it's nice to see the mopar community get some attention but do we need another 550-600 hp head? the Edelbrock Victor head got no love cause it was ''to much money from the mopar crowd''. everyone bitched at the price, only a few guys run them and nobody mentions them at all.
The crappy thing with the W2 series engine is the need of an intake manifold because of the oval ports and the increased expense. Even though everyone is getting a new intake anyway. The price compare to a Chevy…. or a Ford……. that’s what the killer part is. That’s what gets most people.

Also, the OEM head isn’t a bad head, while limited, the fellas in the FAST game show how it’s done but it’s not a route guys want to take. It becomes “To much” for them.

even the W2 gets **** on all the time for needing a special intake, rockers, headers...... and that is what is killing us.

The added expense of headers & rockers (intake covered above) is another crying point.

most guys will only need the Edelbrock, Speedmaster, TrickFlow, and PW heads. how many guys are willing to step up and venture into the W8/W9 and Victor head territory to reach the next level?

if i didn't dive into the W8 head stuff, i would definitely get a set of Bloomer heads. they seem to make a lot of steam.

The Victor head is a good deal if your going “There” race wise. Excusing the W heads from this for a moment….
In the past, pre trick flow, a set of Edelbrock heads plus porting netted most guys a 300 + or - head. This porting cost another grand? Now we are up to 3400 or so? Yet it still falls short of the Victor.

The Victor is 2K a head and flows into the 360/370 cfm range.
Totally worth it from my point of view! Expensive? Yes and no. Dumping 4K is n a set of heads is a lot of money but your not going to get there from a standard Performer or other head.

The crappy thing with the W2 series engine is the need of an intake manifold because of the oval ports and the increased expense. Even though everyone is getting a new intake anyway. The price compare to a Chevy…. or a Ford……. that’s what the killer part is. That’s what gets most people.

Also, the OEM head isn’t a bad head, while limited, the fellas in the FAST game show how it’s done but it’s not a route guys want to take. It becomes “To much” for them.

The added expense of headers & rockers (intake covered above) is another crying point.

The Victor head is a good deal if your going “There” race wise. Excusing the W heads from this for a moment….
In the past, pre trick flow, a set of Edelbrock heads plus porting netted most guys a 300 + or - head. This porting cost another grand? Now we are up to 3400 or so? Yet it still falls short of the Victor.

The Victor is 2K a head and flows into the 360/370 cfm range.
Totally worth it from my point of view! Expensive? Yes and no. Dumping 4K is n a set of heads is a lot of money but your not going to get there from a standard Performer or other head.

Don’t forget rockers and pistons.

even the W2 gets **** on all the time for needing a special intake, rockers, headers...... and that is what is killing us. most guys will only need the Edelbrock, Speedmaster, TrickFlow, and PW heads. how many guys are willing to step up and venture into the W8/W9 and Victor head territory to reach the next level?

A lot of valid points. I think the victor missed on a few points, number one was cost, over 4k a set was too much for people. 2 Edelbrock did a poor job advertising it took a standard big block rocker. 3 the 16 degree valve angle made most people think you needed a custom piston, not sure if that was really the case? Lastly their weird exhaust bolt pattern, should have been a w2.

A new head with mildly raised ports like a W5, that takes a standard intake, big block rocker arms, with a w2 exhaust bolt pattern priced near what eddie and speedmasters go for would do very well I think.

Also good heads, only drawback is the indy specific rocker.
You buy the kit or get a different head and piece together junk to make the package work.
I think the Indy top end package is the best bang for the buck for the power levels that can be achieved using it.

Its not a bad way to go, its a good head. It would be great to have more options at that power level. Hopefully the manufacturer in the article will have one for us.

Crazy thing is my Indy headed 422 ran 5.98 with my son driving.

My Edelbrock headed 408 ran 5.98 with my son driving. Both ran 6.00 many times with me driving.

The 422 had a solid roller lifter .650 cam and the Indy headed engine ran a .650 solid lifter cam.

My Indy 360 have room for porting improvements but my Edelbrock heads were ported by me back in 2008 and have lots of room for improvement. My 408 shocked the heck out of me when it ran 6.0’s on its first weekend out on its first pass. Don’t write off Edelbrock or Speedmaster heads.

I don’t think Engine Pro manufacturers their own parts. I thought I understood they license or wholesale other manufacturers under their name. They do offer tons of good stuff, so their name does not worry me at all.
Here is a link to the Expo where they discussed the Chevy version Mayhem heads. Makes me wonder if the Mopar versions will be just as good. Hope so.
VEPR Small Block Package “Mayhem” | Engine Performance Expo

I don’t think Engine Pro manufacturers their own parts. I thought I understood they license or wholesale other manufacturers under their name. They do offer tons of good stuff, so their name does not worry me at all.
Here is a link to the Expo where they discussed the Chevy version Mayhem heads. Makes me wonder if the Mopar versions will be just as good. Hope so.
VEPR Small Block Package “Mayhem” | Engine Performance Expo

Many companies do that. ProMax, Dr J, BPH, and about 8 more companies. They buy a Chinese cast product and do their thing.

-
Back