Mean 5.9

-
It sure sounds healthy, well done.

It beat the Chevy but at a small price...

It's a Mopar,I expected it.. That Chev,was nice numbers ,on the torque curve. Can't wait,you actually give me a reason,to buy a magazine.... Thank You...

A MoPar always costs more. Nothing new here.
Thanks for the build! Do we have to wait for the mag for specs?

Brian, is this the build Eric at EQ was telling me about or did you paint some Edelbrock heads orange? :D I am very interested in results, were the heads touched at all or OOTB? When does the Mag hit the stands?

445Hp @5900 rpm and 450TQ @4400rpm. Pretty stout!
Heads have our prep work done, as we did to the Chevy as well...just 2.02 x 1.60 valves and blending into the bowl...no other work was done other than milling the heads down to get the compression right with the KB pistons...we had to change the pistons because these valves and that cam will run the P/V clearance to nothing flat.
But we used a std piston, dingle berry honed the block, cleaned it and that was it! Pistons were out of the hole by .002 so we used FelPro gaskets.

Really easy build, Comp shelf cam (230-236 @ .050) and 1.6 rockers....EQ heads with LA intake pattern so we used LA intake...750 double pumper right out of the box with no jetting or anything!

I can't wait to take it home this afternoon. It has been fun stopping IMM after work and seeing this built up close and personal. Brian and his Dad are great people and even better engine builders.

I can't wait to take it home this afternoon. It has been fun stopping IMM after work and seeing this built up close and personal. Brian and his Dad are great people and even better engine builders.

Thank you for being patient Bryan!!

Had to give this thread a 5 stare rating , Thank you for a good info and post here Brian, nice build for sure.

Awesome numbers, anyone know if the article will be available online for those of us down here in aussie land?

-
Back