Metal Heads unite!!!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Nikki and I just watched a docunentery called "Get Thrashed: the story of thrash metal" and now I want to smash the F&$K out of stuff!!! It has full interviews with all the metal gods like Metallica (none of their new crap), megadeath, slayer, overkill, exodus, kreator, S.T., slipknot, testament, and the true gods of thrash metal (and my faves!) Anthrax...NOT!....
I know that there are just a few metalheads on FABO (John) so I thought you guys would like it.

:snakeman::rock::angry4::supz::supz::supz:

Mate, I'm with you... I watched the same documentary.. Slayer are like in my Top 5 all time favourite bands.. There's a huge metal following Down Under...

Where did you see it? Cable.... Direct TV.... DVD...? Good thrash-Metal is always nice to annoy the neighbors with... :-D

BTW: I also LOVE Jazz and progressive rock. I can listen to Miles Davis followed by Tool (one of my favorite bands...) followed by Weather Report. My musical taste scare the Hell outta people. And for a guy "my age" I don't own a Beatles, Zeppelin, or Stones album. :toothy10:

360 scamp u dont like metallica new cd i thought it was real good much much better than st anger thats just me will check out that doc for sure!!

JR I loved that doc!! Dont we all miss Z-Rock? (well, at least when it first came on the air) Wouldnt the world be better if we were all constantly surrounded by the sounds of Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Megadeath, Dio, Slayer, Rammstein, White Zombie, Tool, And Soundgarden just to name a few? :snakeman:

You can count me in the metal head crowd. But I am also with John, you'll find me listening to alot of different things.

No jazz, reggae or horn blasting central american music. RAP is OUT! and I don't like a rapper in my metal.

360 scamp u dont like metallica new cd i thought it was real good much much better than st anger thats just me will check out that doc for sure!!

X2 I have to say it is better than St Anger but then again that isn't saying much. speaking of not saying much. Joey just f@#*&d up.. dallabnikcufecin :supz:

unfortunately the wife and I don't share the same taste in music, She's CMT :angry7: and I'm headbangers ball ( back when ricky rackman had long hair ) BUT these days I get subjected to stuff like miley montana or jonas sisters ( I guess that's what happens when you have kids

You can count me in the metal head crowd. But I am also with John, you'll find me listening to alot of different things.

No jazz, reggae or horn blasting central american music. RAP is OUT! and I don't like a rapper in my metal.

you got Aerosmith on my runDMC NO... you got runDMC on my aerosmith :angry7:

JR I loved that doc!! Dont we all miss Z-Rock? (well, at least when it first came on the air) Wouldnt the world be better if we were all constantly surrounded by the sounds of Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Megadeath, Dio, Slayer, Rammstein, White Zombie, Tool, And Soundgarden just to name a few? :snakeman:

I got a hug from Sean Yseult backstage at a White Zombie concert her sweaty boobies sweated on me :toothy10::toothy10:
Soundgarden grew up in Kingston, WA and worked with my sister in a T shirt shop later when I worked at a Rod & Custom shop in Bremerton we built a 55 chevy for Ben Shepard. The whole band would show up and hang out, this was way before Kim Thayil became a dillrod and thought he was better than everyone.

John, it was a DVD we rented from Blockbastard Video.

Adam, Scott Ian is a god and MOD and SOD rule!!!!

I also listen to everything from Six Feet Under,Flogging Molly, Dropkicks, Everlast, DMX, NPR (yes natonal public radio), oldies (grew up at car shows), techno, goth, darkwave, trance, grindcore, and I also don't own a beatles album and F the stones! Im also with Henry Rollins when he said "I don't wish that someone would kill Bono but I wouldn't cry if it happened"

Slayer, Pantera, Six Feet Under, White Zombie (not Rob Zombie)--Been fans of all that **** for years.

I also dig hardcore, listen to Eighteen Visions if you get a chance.

I just got the first Danzig album from 20 years ago, not thrash, but that motherfucker rocks too.

'Speak English Or Die'!!!!!!!,
Was my favorite S.O.D.
The first M.O.D I actually paid for was gross misconduct then surfin M.O.D
I really like Cryptic Slaughter but most consider them punk/hdcr.

Rock on!!!!!! love that stuff!!!!!

\m/

here's me and my wife with a couple of friends.

blshardrock224.jpg

three musketeers 07.jpg

yeah those guys rock. Nick is born and raised in pittsburgh like us and we've been lucky to be friends with him for a while now. The bottom photo was taken on the tour bus in orlando after the show. They are GREAT bunch of guys!!! Never met zakk though....

I don't know man, maybe you haven't heard any really good rap. NWA, Prodigy (more techno-ish), Del Tha Funkee Homosapien, and some others. I used to be into metal but I got tired of it because it didn't make me think or really feel anything. It was just bad-a$$ beats and guitar riffs that got old (although I do like NIN). Now give me some of The Shins or Arcade Fire (Indie Pop bands) and I'll be in a good mood.

I used to be into metal but I got tired of it because it didn't make me think or really feel anything.

I feel the same way about rap except for I cant say it doesnt make me feel anything. I usually end up feeling sick after listening to it.

-
Back