Modern Mopar 1300HP

-
WOW! That was cool.

4500# chunky lady running sub 9.oh's!
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Isn't that a G.M. transmission??...whats the matter the mopar/fiat **** can handle the power..

The car is built for the standing mile. He ran just short of 212 at the Texas mile.
That is his claim to a mopar record holder with a gm trans.

Last edited:
I don't care if it has a G.M. trans. I reckon them aint no Mopar turbos. Of course I don't think they ever did build there own turbos . ANY WAY cool car and thanks for the link

Isn't that a G.M. transmission??...whats the matter the mopar/fiat **** can handle the power..
I think the matter is the 4L** series transmissions have been subject to much more research and control over its operation than the Mopar stuff. That programable transmission has everything to do with handling the crazy power from those turbos.

I think the matter is the 4L** series transmissions have been subject to much more research and control over its operation than the Mopar stuff. That programable transmission has everything to do with handling the crazy power from those turbos.

And they are a truck trans.

Granted, I'd like to see it all Mopar but can live with the trans being GM (as long as is not the motor). I'm not gong to ***** & moan about it (and the aesthetics of the car because I like its looks) because I'd rather have it out there kicking *** on behalf of our camp vs seeing a Ford/Chevy showdown in the final.

I bet they only run that trans because it's set up for standing mile racing and had OD. A glide or a 2 speed turbo 400 would be a better choice on the strip.

-
Back