Motorcycles

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Was reading a thread where motorcycles were mentioned and it got me thinking of my old Honda, it was a 92 CBR600F2. Picture is not of mine, but that is what it was. When I retired it the odometer just flipped. Bike was daily driver for 6 years or so. Only thing that ever failed on it was the water pump. Still had the original clutch. Did not use bike oil in it, Mobil 1 with changes at 5k miles. Bike was ridden hard it's whole life. A road racer buddy borrowed it for a 2 weeks, came back with 3000 miles put on it, the exhaust, both pegs and the lower part of the fairing had been in contact with the pavement from some rather aggressive riding. I put a Yosh pipe on it and spent several weeks tweaking the carbs. Never got it dynoed until it had 60k on it. Made a touch over 92 hp. Dyno guy told me he never seen a 600 that ran like mine did. Bike was a touch on the lean side, so when the throttle was shut it popped a bit. Best thing was it was at a Harley meet. Nothing like an inline 4 turning 13k rpm at a Harley meet. Only bike stronger that day was my friends Yamaha. Averaged 4k miles on the rear tire and chain/sprockets (yes, the sprockets were in alignment and the chain was lubed every 500 miles). Front tire and brake pads were good for 2 rear tires. Only got 1 ticket on that thing, in the twisty part of the Salt River Canyon. Was not a soul around, except for the cop. He was as cool as you could have hoped for. He clocked me at 135 in a 45 and only wrote it for 57. Bike was so well balanced you could ride it with no hands and then stand up on the pegs........Sure do miss that bike.....it was the most fun vehicle I have ever had.........

Attachments

• 1992_cbr600f2_red_Honda.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 344
Dang I wish I could ride one. Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

That bike was my escape from my miserable existence that was my life back then. Spent many nights avoiding my ex-wife on that thing. Spent several nights a month just riding. Seen alot of sun-rises at Tortilla Flats with that bike. Used to ride along at 70 or so and just grab a whole lot of front brake, just for the entertainment factor. Took a bit of practice but I could bark the front tire on it with a passenger.....

That is great to be able to get away like that. The only way I can ride one now is to have a trike and they are too expensive to build, even if I could it would have to be a chopper style trike like I use to see.

My old oil leaking pig.......

99 X1.....

Boy, I sure do miss it. Was going to find another Buell, but am leaning towards getting a Victory Vegas now....

Snow191.jpg

It took awhile but I found an identical 550 four K I enjoyed for over 5 years back in the day. It took a while to find one with the 4 to one header I had
With 155lbs on it, me!! It was one of the fastest 550 bikes on the road back in the day.

Man I miss riding, but that may change soon

Here is my last bike to own exact color year model as my old K with 4 to one exhaust.
Why was these bikes so fast!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghlqupTyiLs&NR=1"]YouTube - ‪Honda CB 550 Four K 1976‬‏[/ame]

My first bike I bought was a 05 250 ninja (still have) which I had way more fun on that bike then the others. I then bought a 600 gsxr (08 model) for dirt cheap. Ok let me explain something about this bike, nothing wrong with it at all and when I got it, it had 671.4 miles on it. I mugged the **** outta that guy for what he wanted and what I actually ended up paying for it :twisted:. I sold that after getting to 1700 miles on it (all profit). Then the next bike I got my hands on was a (kicking myself in the *** for selling it now) a 2008 Ducati 1098S which had 476 miles on it when I got it. That bike was a beast! I sold it because I didnt ride it much, I mean I rode a lot but was always afraid to park it somewhere thinking someone is gotta mess with it. This is why I ride my 250 because I really don't care what happens to it. Never been a cruiser bike guy (feels like your riding an office chair) plus I could never figure out the whole ape hanger or sassy bar thing, which to me just looks dumb as hell (maybe it's an old age thing). That being said if I ever did buy one it would be a Honda Valkyrie Rune, those bikes look awesome.

Here's my '05 CBR600RR

bww.jpg

And in race trim before it was ever riden on the street

DSC00954.jpg

good.jpg

And my old '92 CBR600 F2, aka the Buffalo lol

buf.jpg

buf2.jpg

My old oil leaking pig.......

99 X1.....

Boy, I sure do miss it. Was going to find another Buell, but am leaning towards getting a Victory Vegas now....

Snow191.jpg

If you followed any of my resto thread, you know that it's the bikes that have kept The Duke from being finished (well, that and money!)

And in addition to these three (my daily riders) I'm also in the middle of:
CB550Four
VF750F Interceptor
GS1000 Cafe project

Attachments

• BRex.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 302
  • SEca.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 279
Don't you love the tube frame buells?

I had a 06 lightning long for a bit, and an XB9, for a bit, both didn't handle like my 99, IMO....

Bikes are a sickness. A friend gave me an old zookie RL250 trials bike, runs, but the clutch drive pin is wore, and the clutch cable is corroded. And the aluminum gas tank leaks. LOL.

Keep me busy for a few nights I guess.

My 1st bike was an 83 v30(500) magna. Got my license insurance loan and bike all in the same day. 1st day out almost killed myself on it, plus ended up in a huge thunder/rain storm. I got cut off and t-boned in town on it. Famous left hand turn coming at me. 2nd bike was an 82 or 83 KZ 750, killed my back to ride it. Once the $$ straighten out for me I am getting another bike. Had a couple 500 kawi triples that were baskets that never got running. I get the itch every once in a while. Heres a pic of a bike I have always wanted....82 Katana...I would want the one with the hideaway headlight..my back couldnt take it though

Attachments

• 82 katana.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 291
That bike was my escape from my miserable existence that was my life back then. Spent many nights avoiding my ex-wife on that thing. Spent several nights a month just riding. Seen alot of sun-rises at Tortilla Flats with that bike. Used to ride along at 70 or so and just grab a whole lot of front brake, just for the entertainment factor. Took a bit of practice but I could bark the front tire on it with a passenger.....

I bought a brand new 95 Honda CBR 600 F3 and with in 3 months of owning it put 5000 miles on it. It is amazing how much "meditation" you can do riding a motorcycle. They will bring you back down to earth. lol

It looked exactly like the one in the photo.

Attachments

• 21512392-164-1995-Honda-CBR-F3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 270
I bought a brand new 95 Honda CBR 600 F3 and with in 3 months of owning it put 5000 miles on it. It is amazing how much "meditation" you can do riding a motorcycle. They will bring you back down to earth. lol

It looked exactly like the one in the photo.
I never have figured out what was better therapy, getting inked up or riding, but they both played a tremendous part in dealing with everything. My last sport bike was a 2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000, thing was more fun then a grown up should be allowed to have. It used to bring a smile to my face everytime I went down the one freeway on ramp going to work, first gear rolling thru the corner, still leaned over and full throttle clutchless shift into second gear and it would carry it right on up into fourth, or I backed off whichever came first. I have pictures of it somewhere, but it looked like this...

Attachments

• 2002%20GSXR1000-01.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 277
Thinking this would be a good cruiser :icon_smi:
I would lower the bars :D for myself :wink:

Attachments

• Spring 2011 004.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Spring 2011 002.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 275
  • Spring 2011 003.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 287
Here is my Suzuki Intruder I sold last winter.I sure do miss her.
TXDart

Attachments

• suxuki 001.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 256
  • suxuki 005.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 248
  • suxuki 002.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 259
I am JEALOUS.I sold it to fund my Dart addiction.
Now,moneys tight but maybe next year.
TXDart

I am JEALOUS.I sold it to fund my Dart addiction.
Now,moneys tight but maybe next year.
TXDart
I don't own a bike yet TXDart, Creed drove that to the hill one day and belongs to the bass player in the band 8-) ZWR nation in my signature below.
I would rather have the one you had for my needs and size.
I am JEALOUS to, One day soon I hope, but most likely not in my plans soon.
A man can dream though :D

Bought my 04 gsx-r 1000 in 05 don't know what I would do without her. Like Inkjunkie, she's helped me through a lot of rough times.
It was supposed to be black with red pearl, Randy mixed in 3oz of red pearl into the clear and it turned into that. Its torn apart painting right now, Chrysler Flame Red uppers and tail black lowers.

IMG_0194.jpg

I never have figured out what was better therapy, getting inked up or riding, but they both played a tremendous part in dealing with everything. My last sport bike was a 2002 Suzuki GSXR 1000, thing was more fun then a grown up should be allowed to have. It used to bring a smile to my face everytime I went down the one freeway on ramp going to work, first gear rolling thru the corner, still leaned over and full throttle clutchless shift into second gear and it would carry it right on up into fourth, or I backed off whichever came first. I have pictures of it somewhere, but it looked like this...

I know what you mean Doug!! Here is me on the my 06 ZX-10R. The only problem I had with this motorcycle was I got one traffic ticket and two warnings in a short period of time. I would try to " slow down" but it didn't look like it was going to happen. It was fun while it lasted.

Attachments

• Ninja.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 240
-
Back