Motorcycles

-
Now that I have had my carpal tunnel resolved I would like to get another sport bike one day, after the house and Dart are done. I still have a bike, will try to find some pictures of it.....pictures of my chopper. Has not ran in a few years. Needs some work, mainly the wiring harness is just thrashed from the guy who put it together, among other things. I am hoping that with some time I will have enough strength in my left wirst/forearm that using the clutch will not be as bad as it was. Needs a set of pipes on it also, the weed burners that are on it just aint a good idea for where I live. One day soon I will wrestle itout of where it is buried and fire it up. 110" Rev Tech motor with a Rev Tech 6 speed box. The trailer it is on is 10' long, so the bike is a bit on the long side.

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1800.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 120
A few pictures of my GSXR.......

Attachments

• 104_0416.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 104_0425.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 106_0616.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 124_2492.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 130
Now that I have had my carpal tunnel resolved I would like to get another sport bike one day, after the house and Dart are done. I still have a bike, will try to find some pictures of it.....pictures of my chopper. Has not ran in a few years. Needs some work, mainly the wiring harness is just thrashed from the guy who put it together, among other things. I am hoping that with some time I will have enough strength in my left wirst/forearm that using the clutch will not be as bad as it was. Needs a set of pipes on it also, the weed burners that are on it just aint a good idea for where I live. One day soon I will wrestle itout of where it is buried and fire it up. 110" Rev Tech motor with a Rev Tech 6 speed box. The trailer it is on is 10' long, so the bike is a bit on the long side.

I'm diggen the chopper. I Love the old school bikes. MMG

That was a fun bike to ride I bet!

Seems like the chopper would be less stressful on wrist area than a sport bike.
It is much less stressful on the wrists, except for it's rock hard clutch. I believe it is 115 hp or so, it is not really a slouch. Definitely
feel like a bad-*** riding the thing. Have to be careful with it, everything drags on it. Low speed it is somewhat easy to steer it with the rear tire, just kind of lean a bit and blap the throttle and the *** end jumps. When I first had it 45 mpg was pretty easy to obtain. I bitched about the real bad backfire it had. Now it is closer to 18mpg and with that little tank it don't go far. Reserve is like a quart and a half. Have had to push it more than once, not much fun in the 115* heat of AZ. Have not ridden it since summer of 2008. Keep telling myself I will replace the harness (got the new one) and figure out the fuel mileage, just not motivated enough.....

Love the chopper Inkjunkie, would really like to add a Victory Vegas 8-Ball to the pen.

So cutting and buffing right now, wanted to show the mock up shot off though :)

mockup.jpg

It is much less stressful on the wrists, except for it's rock hard clutch. I believe it is 115 hp or so, it is not really a slouch. Definitely
feel like a bad-*** riding the thing. Have to be careful with it, everything drags on it. Low speed it is somewhat easy to steer it with the rear tire, just kind of lean a bit and blap the throttle and the *** end jumps. When I first had it 45 mpg was pretty easy to obtain. I bitched about the real bad backfire it had. Now it is closer to 18mpg and with that little tank it don't go far. Reserve is like a quart and a half. Have had to push it more than once, not much fun in the 115* heat of AZ. Have not ridden it since summer of 2008. Keep telling myself I will replace the harness (got the new one) and figure out the fuel mileage, just not motivated enough.....

You should take a look at the Triumph line up they have. The Thunderbird Storm http://www.triumph.co.uk/usa/13152_13159.aspx

is a nice liquid cooled parallel twin. I sat on one at the dealership and she sets perfect..... and don't forget to look at the Rocket III Roadster as well. Something you can put some MILES on. lol

Sounds like you still have a passion to ride buddy.... need get out there and join us.

Dodgetkboy,

"Is that one of those triple two stroke KAWA's?"

Sure is !

Bought it new in 72.
Sold it in 76.
Got it back in pieces in 2005.

Ran 11:28@116 back in the day.

David-KawSnow-Feb1973.jpg

CoffeeTable-1.jpg

1972-13.jpg

1972-21.jpg

BackHome-31YrsLater.jpg

Cool stuff guys I don't have any pics of my bikes on my iPad here at home but since I'm a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris dealer I can tell you I have many. Mostly i ride an M109 now days because my wrist and brain just don't communicate if you know what I mean. Lol. If really the itch I drag out my 05 turbo gsxr1000 with a 12 over swing arm.

I am going to be building some kind of twin cafe racer soon, I got a carbon fiber rear wheel I'm just itching to build something around. If I do it soon I will do a build thread for it so I can get some fun input from you guys.

Ink how is your car coming along?

Sounds like you still have a passion to ride buddy.... need get out there and join us.

Nah, I think he's too cool for you guys... He rather ride with me on my American made Crotch Rocket and the triple KAWA...... Cuz we gots better things to do than be in a gang at the tree of shame or some ****...

:love8:

Dodgetkboy,

"Is that one of those triple two stroke KAWA's?"

Sure is !

Bought it new in 72.
Sold it in 76.
Got it back in pieces in 2005.

Ran 11:28@116 back in the day.

David-KawSnow-Feb1973.jpg

CoffeeTable-1.jpg

1972-13.jpg

1972-21.jpg

BackHome-31YrsLater.jpg

Dude, deadliest bike ever made in my opinion..... Freakin' things, if they don't lift over backards, they shake your eyeballs from the RPM's.....

People just don't know how flat freakin' MEAN them things were!

Nah, I think he's too cool for you guys... He rather ride with me on my American made Crotch Rocket and the triple KAWA...... Cuz we gots better things to do than be in a gang at the tree of shame or some ****...

:love8:

That would be Doug's decision.... so what you think doesn't matter...... it actually never did.

Just as I mentioned........... immature little boy.

Kind of funny little story. When I rode constantly the guys from work would go out on "rides" several times a year. They would always post an announcement on the board. And we never went. There idea of riding was either from bar to bar, stopping frequently so they could talk about riding or they would make 200 mile ride into an over-nighter. At the time we had 4 dogs, a bird, I think it was 5 turtles and 3 salt water aquariums to take care of so being gone for any length of time just did not happen. We had the Zuki at the time and they were hounding us to go with them, so we gave in. I convinced them to go thru the real twisty way to get to where they wanted to go. Stopped to get gas at the bottom of the canyon and when we left we were in the fornt of the pack. Ernie was the passenger every bike rider wants, you did not she was there. Anyway, took off into the canyon, and being the only sport bike in the pack distance between up started to open up. Before long we were in our conering rythm and the pack was vanishing. Got to the one stright away between the twisty areas and we hit 155mph, like I said, she was the perfect passenger and you could not tell she was there. I was so focused on the road I kind of forgot that we were riding in a group and never looked back. The following week at work I was asked to never go with them again. Suited us just fine. I am one of those people that enjoy the solitude of a bike. Riding in big packs was never my thing. Some of my best memories of riding were when it was just me and the bike. Nothing wrong with riding in a pack, as long as the ride is about the ride, not about the image of being a rider....

Doug that chopper is so cool!! Hows it work for your back?? I had to get rid of my KZ cuz it was brutal on it. I want something thats a cruiser, but nasty! But then again i would love a kawi triple for the odd speed fix!

Sorry for the ramble, one of those days. My last post made me think of something else. I was out on the little 550 mile loop that I like to ride. It was spring time in AZ, which meant a jacket was needed when you rode out of the desert. My leather has been with me since I was 19 or so, and it is kind of trashed. I was sitting in a Sonic in Show Low AZ having lunch and in rode the Harley crew, you know, the ones with the prisitine bikes and all the leather gear. Chaps and all. Never understood the whole chaps thing, still dont. Anyway, they parked next to my Honda and one of them made a comment about how dirty it was. I could not help myself, I walked over and looked at this guys bike. It was 4 years old and did not even have 4k miles on it. Only thing I said was at least I ride. The war was on. I never was the best at making friends.

Doug that chopper is so cool!! Hows it work for your back?? I had to get rid of my KZ cuz it was brutal on it. I want something thats a cruiser, but nasty! But then again i would love a kawi triple for the odd speed fix!
It is not all that bad on the back. Keep in mind it is a soft tail, but it is very stiffly sprung. I have been thru several sets of bars on it, trying to find the most comfortable set. I have never ridden it with the ones that are on it when it was on the trailer. A fabricator buddy of mine just copied the ones that were on there but changed the leading edge of them to clear the headlight. A buddy had a V-Max for a while. Don't remember the exhaust it had, but the damn thing sounded like a small block. That is about as far into the cruiser spectrum as I would venture, if I were to own something of that nature. When I bought the GSXR there was one of these sitting next to it. I should have got it instead, probably would still have it. Still want one.....

Attachments

• zrx_1200_.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 113
That is great to be able to get away like that. The only way I can ride one now is to have a trike and they are too expensive to build, even if I could it would have to be a chopper style trike like I use to see.

If you can fix a Dart you can build a trike.
I have been gathering parts for a home built trike. So far I have a 360 motor and auto trans out of a Diplomat cop car(yes they made them). A Jaguar IRS( made in USA, shipped to UK). A Mopar marine oil pan (thick aluminum). Aluminum slots (15X10). Harley size neck and bearings. Mufflers (Supertrapps) Cooling system with electric fans, MT valve covers,

Read and look at photos of v8 trikes, you can do it.

If you can fix a Dart you can build a trike.
I have been gathering parts for a home built trike. So far I have a 360 motor and auto trans out of a Diplomat cop car(yes they made them). A Jaguar IRS( made in USA, shipped to UK). A Mopar marine oil pan (thick aluminum). Aluminum slots (15X10). Harley size neck and bearings. Mufflers (Supertrapps) Cooling system with electric fans, MT valve covers,

Read and look at photos of v8 trikes, you can do it.

Do you have pictures of yours? I would like to see what you have done.

Riding in big packs was never my thing. Some of my best memories of riding were when it was just me and the bike. Nothing wrong with riding in a pack, as long as the ride is about the ride, not about the image of being a rider....

Know what you mean. The most I have ever rode with are 3 others, my dad, and his 76 superglide, my buddy on his huyabusa, and my other buddy on his 82 Yamaha 650 special. Talk about a diversified group... We did an 800 mile round trip from Big Lake to Big Lake, via Fairbanks, Parks hwy up, Glenn back. Was a blast, and took up 17 hours. (It doesn't get dark here in June)

It is nothing for me to get on my bike at 6am on a cloudy morning, and go to Homer and back (300 mile one way) and be back by 1pm.... By myself, it's just the way I roll, I guess.

Anyway, they parked next to my Honda and one of them made a comment about how dirty it was. I could not help myself, I walked over and looked at this guys bike. It was 4 years old and did not even have 4k miles on it. Only thing I said was at least I ride. The war was on. I never was the best at making friends.

I got crap about how dirty my bike was too, and oily. My rocker covers were always leaking, so the bike always smelled like AMSOIL 20W50 Bike oil burning on the head pipe, then the rocks and grit would stick to it, the dirt roads would grime it, and I would ride it instead of washing it. LOL Had lots of comments, thus the reason I avoided big groups with their chaps, and tassles, and cool guy walks..... BLEAH.

That would be Doug's decision.... so what you think doesn't matter...... it actually never did.

Just as I mentioned........... immature little boy.

Jeez I hate being right...........

Funny story. Dad bought a sidecar harley for my step mom, and it came with some Harley membership BS, blah blah. ANyway, these BBQ racers somehow got ahold of his phone number, and invited them in march, to some thing where they would dress up in their riding gear, chaps and all, and drive their cars to a restaurant, and eat, all biker vagazzled up......

Dad was like, uhmmmm..... WHy would I do that?

Dad later decided he was going, so him and Lynn dressed up in winter gear, and rode the sidecar down the the restaurant to the biker gang vagazzle thing... They wouldn't even speak to my dad.

LOL

LIke I said a long time ago in another thread.......

As I go thundering by on my Buell....... hahahahaha

Not to mention if some dillbag wanted to ride next to me in MY lane, he is going to get a kick in the leg........

Do you have pictures of yours? I would like to see what you have done.
I have a plan but nothing put togather. Medical reason have caused me to go the trike plan.
A. I selected a 360 because of it being a great motor thats not a Chevy of Ford, Dist in the back of the motor away from the water you can get off the front wheel of a trike. Front motor mount bosses ease the challange of making motor mounts. Made in USA
B. Trans is a 904. I belive made in USA and can change to a 727 if not made in USA
C. Jag rear Axle. They are cheap now and parts can be found at any parts store( most are Chevy 12 bolt ). Inboard disk brakes. Strong. Chevy bolt pattern. EASY to narrow, very very easy. The cage the holds the axle has mounting bolts to mount the cage to the car body. Square the cage the rear housing is true to the motor. Also with this IRS you do not need a drive shaft. Made in USA
D. Cooling: I have 4 radiators to try. I like the way Indy cars mount their Radiators but I have to have a place for the boss to put her legs. ( My safety first). Going to look to see where their made.
E. Supertrapp mufflers. (Sprint car mufflers).. I just love them. How many people can tune their muffler and plus change the sound of it also. Made in USA.

Hopefully it will look something like this trike.

http://www.cheetahtrikes.com/photogallery10.html

I can talk better than I can type. If you can understand "Southern" I have no problen calling and helping you.
So far I have about $325.00 in the trike. I belive It can be done for $2,500 if you take your time looking for a value buy.

I have a plan but nothing put togather. Medical reason have caused me to go the trike plan.
A. I selected a 360 because of it being a great motor thats not a Chevy of Ford, Dist in the back of the motor away from the water you can get off the front wheel of a trike. Front motor mount bosses ease the challange of making motor mounts. Made in USA
B. Trans is a 904. I belive made in USA and can change to a 727 if not made in USA
C. Jag rear Axle. They are cheap now and parts can be found at any parts store( most are Chevy 12 bolt ). Inboard disk brakes. Strong. Chevy bolt pattern. EASY to narrow, very very easy. The cage the holds the axle has mounting bolts to mount the cage to the car body. Square the cage the rear housing is true to the motor. Also with this IRS you do not need a drive shaft. Made in USA
D. Cooling: I have 4 radiators to try. I like the way Indy cars mount their Radiators but I have to have a place for the boss to put her legs. ( My safety first). Going to look to see where their made.
E. Supertrapp mufflers. (Sprint car mufflers).. I just love them. How many people can tune their muffler and plus change the sound of it also. Made in USA.

Hopefully it will look something like this trike.

http://www.cheetahtrikes.com/photogallery10.html

I can talk better than I can type. If you can understand "Southern" I have no problen calling and helping you.

Keep me in mind when you start. I have a couple things going then maybe I can build one. I really need to improve my welding skills before hand. I started classes for tig welding a few years ago but my health got the best of me. Where about in E Tenn are you? You can pm me that part I am in Lexington,NC and lived a short while in Maryville Tenn.

The guy that built my chopper built one of them into a trike. Sorry I did not pay much attention to it when it was getting done, but anything is possible.....A buddy in AZ has asked me a few times if he could "borrow" it so he could build his own frame. You know how fabricators are, never happy with anything.

Cool stuff guys I don't have any pics of my bikes on my iPad here at home but since I'm a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris dealer I can tell you I have many. Mostly i ride an M109 now days because my wrist and brain just don't communicate if you know what I mean. Lol. If really the itch I drag out my 05 turbo gsxr1000 with a 12 over swing arm.

I am going to be building some kind of twin cafe racer soon, I got a carbon fiber rear wheel I'm just itching to build something around. If I do it soon I will do a build thread for it so I can get some fun input from you guys.

Ink how is your car coming along?
Still at the fab shop. I borrowed an idea from a member here about moving the brake pedal over. Jim liked the basic idea but not how it was executed. So he re-engineered it a bit. Still has to tweak the go pedal, when the car was cut up to put the 4l80e in it the pedal ened up butted right against the new tunnel. A few other things to do, then back to the painters place for a few more hours of tweaking and hopefully to the booth.

-
Back