Votes: 25 41.0%
  • manual

Votes: 36 59.0%

• Total voters
-

cjcx3

Twisted Sundance
Reaction score
Well folks, back at it again. I am glad to see everyones interested in this thread. This will be my 5th project so I have learned a little in the past. This project should be completed in about 12 months or less, money permitting. Today I removed the dash, steering colunm, brake lines, and I droped the K frame and front suspension. I also ordered the pistons for the 360. I figure I will get the block and crank to the machine shop next week. the crank is gonna get a good polish and the block will get a 0.030 over bore and 0.010 decking. Should I use the power steering or install manual steering? Rememberthis will be a 4 speed car.

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0472.JPG

I would get rid of the Power steering.A bodies are not to tuff to steer without it. Jim

Thanks for sharing this project with us cjcx3
Less is more when it comes down to that part of your Dart.=P~
Keep us posted and glad to see the young man there
to help and learn about what makes these cars tick:cheers:

dang ,why didnt i drop the k frame and then rebuild the front end? learned something already

Thanks for sharing this project with us cjcx3
Less is more when it comes down to that part of your Dart.=P~
Keep us posted and glad to see the young man there
to help and learn about what makes these cars tick:cheers:

My son Caleb is gonna be 7 this December and he already can name everything visible under the hood, and he is helping me build the 360 for this car being this is HIS car!!

Well guys and gals, I have not made any progress this week. I have been working and coming home being lazy. I plan this weekend dissassembling the k-frame and componets, cleaning and painting. I will assemble everything when I get the $$ for parts. Pistons should be here this week so the engine will go to the machine shop very soon. I promise progress this weekend and freash photos.

If it`s a street car and you`re not looking for every speck of available power out of your engine then I would run the power steering. If you`re parked in a tight spot, it sure is nice to be able to spin that wheel around with the palm of your hand while working the gear shift.

I love these nut-n-bolt resto threads! PLEASE post away when you can. At this point, I have just over 800 photographs documenting my car's restoration. And I'm still doing things. I just did a seat belt thread, and over the winter there will be a grill restoration attempt.

Good luck with the Dart. And for the record, I went with manual steering with a 4 spd. That's what makes `em MUSCLE cars! :toothy10:

i like Manuel steering with a 4sp with power steering you can over steer

For shame....lack of driver control.....Been there myself. A bit of the pot calling the kettle black.

I like the P/S in a street car. Like said above, not looking for every last drop of power, then whats the difference? Your call, the P/S set is there allready.

Good choice, now is it a stock manual box or a Flaming Rivers box?

Nice to see you showing that little guy the ropes.

I'll bet he thinks he has the coolest Dad in the world, something I never got to enjoy myself but only watched as my buddies and their Dad's built stuff together.
Now that I have girls I still get them to help me from time to time.

-
Back