My first build in years, a 73 Duster

-
Nice work,on the 73 .. YOU ...OWN.. A...300...HURST..... (I am jealous, lol..).

Nice work,on the 73 .. YOU ...OWN.. A...300...HURST..... (I am jealous, lol..).
I picked it up in AZ last winter. The previous owner had never tried to get it running so I didn't know much about the engine other than it turned over. The car has issues, but I am slowly going through it. It had a broken exhaust manifold, bad exhaust pipes, dirty gas tank, and no brakes.
A222F5E9-47E7-4032-ACFB-2F4C8D6EFDFB_zpsbqmwbht9.jpg

So far I have replaced the manifold, had the radiator re-cored, and the fuel tank sent off to be cleaned and sealed. I should have the tank back this week.

For the brakes I have replaced the front calipers, and rebuilt the drum brakes in the rear. I am waiting on hard lines due to when I replaced the rubber lines the hard lines were so corroded that the ends would not spin freely and snapped off. I got hard lines from Mancini and should also be here next week.

I did get the engine to run, so am doing a complete tune up. My major fear is the transmission may be shot. When I changed the fluid and filter there was a gray sludge in the pan. We will see what happens in a week or so when I fire it up again. I have a full set of exhaust with the correct tips waiting to go on it. I also installed a set of Goodyear Polyglass white letter tires on it like it would have had. It will get a suspension rebuild and interior hopefully this winter. Over all it is solid but it will need a fair amount of work. For now I am interested in getting it streetable again.

-
Back