My GF's Duster 360 is slow as hell !!!

-
Get in the car start it up put it in gear hold the brake on and floor the throttle. See what the highest rpm the tach goes to. This is the easiest thing to check you don't even have to open the hood. If it doesn't go to 2500 even with a bad tune you need a higher stall converter. A good running small block should stall at no less then 2800 with a stock 340 converter. Truck or mild passenger car converters will kill a performance car. I took a 340 trans out of a dart and installed a trans from a small block fury years ago. It was like someone poured the trunk full of concrete . It was a real dog. I switched out the converter and the car was back to performing the way it was when purchased new. Try it what do you have to lose except a little time and fuel.

I'd say tuning and more converter. A good converter that doesn't slip much at cruising speeds so you won't notice it as much with the gears. I love my 3.23 gears, with less compression, about the same cam, 1.88 J heads, and a LD340 and 750 DP, it ran 13.5@100 with some 2.0 60 ft times. I had a 2900 stall.

I'd say tuning and more converter. A good converter that doesn't slip much at cruising speeds so you won't notice it as much with the gears. I love my 3.23 gears, with less compression, about the same cam, 1.88 J heads, and a LD340 and 750 DP, it ran 13.5@100 with some 2.0 60 ft times. I had a 2900 stall.

What is the cam spec's.

You may not have to change the stall if the convertor has gone south. If the one way clutch is bad allowing the stator to slip. just a thought.

do you guys know a link to buy gears for a 8 1/4... her diff is an open and 3:21 gear ... if i dont find nothing ill get her a 8 3/4 with at least 3.55 or 3.73 gears ...

Theres a few places that sell'em new from Mancini racing to Randy's ring and pinion, just run over to the rear end web sites and poke around. Look in the back of your MoPar mag.

Heres Mancini's page, I think you can get'em cheaper though, but....--> http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/comcen.html

Open differential is a killer...for my cruiser Dart I have a sure-grip and 3.23's with a 4-speed and it can chirp the tires in all 4 gears. I know, I just did it again last night. :) yeah baby....The engine combo is very similar to hers.

One of the biggest performance differences for my Duster was swapping to a 9.5" PTC converter. Changing the gears didn't do nearly what that did. A quality converter is worth its weight in gold.

Open differential is a killer...for my cruiser Dart I have a sure-grip and 3.23's with a 4-speed and it can chirp the tires in all 4 gears. I know, I just did it again last night. :) yeah baby....The engine combo is very similar to hers.

One of the biggest performance differences for my Duster was swapping to a 9.5" PTC converter. Changing the gears didn't do nearly what that did. A quality converter is worth its weight in gold.

Thats why im trying to sell him mine 3500 for a great price

-
Back