My new groud pounder!!!!!

-
Thanks guys! This has been a very long time in the making! It took me 13yrs to restore my car to what it is today. Now this new engine is going to take it to the level I had in mind the entire time. I have worked more hours then I care to count to fund this build! I will keep everyone posted on progress as slow as it may be

I'm thinking 625 at the crank is where I will end up. The cam is a little soft for the build but that is by design. I know I will want to go faster later. When that time comes I will put in a set of 4.56:1 rear gears, 5500 stall and a brake and put a bigger cam in it and turn some serious rpm. Until then I will be happy with weekend bracket racing and fetching groceries.
If you don't make at least 640, you didn't do something right. We made 617 @ 5600 With 10.1:1 CR, a [email protected]" HYD roller, and a DUAL plane. Fuel was 91 with 10% ethanol.
0606161445.jpg
0606161445a.jpg

Hey guys new to the sight,I have a question on rod choice with these 470s..Which rod did you guys go with the 6.76 or 6.535..I went with the 6.535 just because I didn't care for the idea of the oil support ring or custom Pistons and I know with the 6.53 you get a little more side load on the walls.Are any of you guys running the 6.535 rod?

Hey guys new to the sight,I have a question on rod choice with these 470s..Which rod did you guys go with the 6.76 or 6.535..I went with the 6.535 just because I didn't care for the idea of the oil support ring or custom Pistons and I know with the 6.53 you get a little more side load on the walls.Are any of you guys running the 6.535 rod?
I went 6.700

6.535 rod still gives you 1.67 rod ratio 360 are 1.71 which is considered real good. It's when you start going under 1.6 like 408's 1.53 but there's tons of them build over the last decade or so still going strong so who knows but your fine.

6.535 rod still gives you 1.67 rod ratio 360 are 1.71 which is considered real good. It's when you start going under 1.6 like 408's 1.53 but there's tons of them build over the last decade or so still going strong so who knows but your fine.
Thanks for the feedback guys,makes my decision easier.

....just got done with a little over a 100 foot burnout ... no brakes to start about 2/3 gas pedal ... hit the rev limiter right away .... In second gear ..... you will be more than happy with yours .... I am ....

Last edited:
-
Back