need a little help

-

DARTLARRY

Reaction score
I have a 1971 360 + .030 with 10-10.5 compression, the heads are js ported with 2.05 intake valves (that is what I was told but could be 2.02). The intake will either be a LD4b ported, or wieand stealth, and 625 carter. TTI or Dougs headers. the camshaft that was in it was a Lunati 30404 with matching springs, It was a little much for me. What I want is recommendations on Camshaft, carburator mine may be too small, and torque converter, mine is stock now. This is just going to be a fun street car. I want it to be street friendly, as far as idle and tempermant. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

knowing the vehicle weight and your gear ratio will help you in picking a stick. The heavier the car and/or the taller the gear the more torque you'll need to get its mass/resistance moving. I don't know if y'all run that ethanol/oxygenated swill up there in Indiana but at 10.5:1 compression if you wanna run pump swill you can run a little extra overlap to bleed off some cylinder pressure to bring your static compression down to be more "pump friendly". For a street car my personal opinion is the 625 ain't bad if you jet it right. Smaller venturi's are gonna give you a little better throttle response. Torque converter stall is also going to depend on the weight of your ride and your gear ratio...

i would look for a cam in the 226 to 230 @.050 range. go with the stealth, 750 3310 will work good, but i like the DP carbs. Call the converter guys when you know every detail on the engine tire size, but probably a 10" at about 3K stall converter

i would look for a cam in the 226 to 230 @.050 range. go with the stealth, 750 3310 will work good, but i like the DP carbs. Call the converter guys when you know every detail on the engine tire size, but probably a 10" at about 3K stall converter
I'm with you on everything except the carb. a DP will work but IMO a vacuum secondary tends to work better on a street car UNLESS the cam is so radical that the car makes low vacuum...

I'm with you on everything except the carb. a DP will work but IMO a vacuum secondary tends to work better on a street car UNLESS the cam is so radical that the car makes low vacuum...

Re-read what he "EL5DEMON340" wrote and you'll see the recomended carb is indeed a 3310. I also agree with the post though I'd really like to know where we are at with the current cam. Only because your current unknown spec'd cam that you consider to much may be just right for another and mello to the next guy.

I can not find that part number at Lunati's site.

-
Back