Need a new daily driver

-

Mikes270dart

Reaction score
After 8 years of the corporate gas card I forgot how expensive gas is. Now that I have to buy my own, my dodge ram 1500 quad cab hemi 4X4 is a bit to thirsty. I am looking for real life gas milage and problems. F body station wagon with a slant 6, anybody got one. PT cruiser, are they as bad on oil as some auto reviews suggest. I need room for dogs and there stuff and really don't want to drive a minivan.

Buick roadmaster estate wagon. If you want speed, 94-96. If you want gas milage 91-93. We had a sedan that pulled 26 mpg on the highway.

Sorry I keep plugging these cars. I just really like these as new cars. :D

Does it have to be a MoPar?

My wifes '99 Tuarus is decent on gas with a decent amount of room within. They also come in a station wagon version. There everywhere and inexpensive.

Have you ever drove a Magnum wagon..........Nice car. Lots of room too!. Im in the same boat and im thinking of getting rid of my 2 wheel Ram.......You can dress them up nice as well.......6 or 8 cyl...H.O or not.

Have you ever drove a Magnum wagon..........Nice car. Lots of room too!. Im in the same boat and im thinking of getting rid of my 2 wheel Ram.......You can dress them up nice as well.......6 or 8 cyl...H.O or not.
I've been telling Mike to look at these. I have a Black 2006 Hemi Magnum R/T as a daily driver and love it. A six cylinder would do the trick I'm sure.

Did the magnums has 2 choices of sixes? I had one as a rental, I was really disappointed, no go at all, the 300 with a 6 had way more grunt.

BTW the Pacifica is worth a look.

Along Rumblefish's line of thinking.....my wife has an 04 Ford Escape. Essentially a small Tuarus SUV. Hers is the 4x4 model, but the standard is FWD. her car knocks down 22 plus MPG and will flat out haul ***. Bought it new and it hasn't given us a lick of trouble. Not one.

I've heard the PTs with an automatic don't get real good mileage but I'm really happy with my 5 speed. Mine is a 2005 base model convertible with the non-turbo engine. I bought it wrecked with 16,*** miles on it. I repaired it and have about 25,*** on it now, and it's literally as good as my new truck. Short trips seem to keep the mileage around 25 mpg but it does really good on longer trips. I drove it on a 1400 mile round trip last summer and the average was over 31 mpg, and I used the a/c every mile of the way. On one stretch I got 34.1.
Also, there's lots of mid size American cars that will get around 30 mpg and are comfortable to drive.
Dallas

For my two cents, it would be Magnum with the 5.7, AWD. If you do much highway driving, the cylinder cut out should help. What's the price of petrol up your way?

For my two cents, it would be Magnum with the 5.7, AWD. If you do much highway driving, the cylinder cut out should help. What's the price of petrol up your way?
my 5.7 Magnum gets around 22-25 miles/gallon HWY. Not great but I love the car and don't have to drive it everyday. I would say the AWD would be a bit worse because of the wieght. I think the Magnum SXT with the 3.5 would be the best bet.

I'm wondering where the OE poster went to.

I myself would absoultely LOVE a Magnum any flavor, prefur the V8 myself....but there prices are a bit steeep for me at this point in time, at least for anything decent.

Also, mileage is of concern for me. Not that I go far, but my truck is in heavy use. I'm not so thrilled at the V6 quad cab Dakotas mileage. Hwy. driving, it isn't so great ethier, but @ a best of 20 MPG, it's better than anything else I have on the road.

On the flip, my wifes Ford gets 28 Hwy. I'd still like to do better than that next round without getting a econo box I'd be unhappy with. That may be hard. IDK yet.

-
Back