Need slant six carb

-

downsr

Reaction score
Looking for a carb for a slant six. Linkage is the rod type.It has a offenhoser with 600 holley on it now trying to find adaptor plate from 4 barrel to 1 or 2 barrel carb with rod type linkage

More info, please. What kind of vehicle (year, model) is this engine in? What other modifications have been made? The adaptor plate is easy to find. Picking a carb that will work well is somewhat more complicated.

The car is a 1965 barracuda. The engine is a 73 do not know what it is out of. It has Clifford headers with offenhouser intake with 600 holley.The engine has nothing else done to it as far as know. It has rod linkage

I have a complete S6 out of my sons 74 Duster , doesn't run any more but you are welcome to any parts you need off it . the carb is sitting on my shelf in the shop ... it's a stock Carter 2bbl . I am currently offshore working so I can't help you right now but ...there you go. Rich

... might be a single barrel come to think of it ... not sure ,but it is the original carb for the 74 225 S6 and I know its a Carter .

600 cfm is way too big, so you're on the right track looking for a smaller carb. The rotating-rod linkage is a dead-end without custom fabrication/modification; the only carbs factory-configured to use it are the 1bbl items for '60-'66 Slant-6 A-bodies (except '65-'66 with factory A/C) and '60-'61 Plymouth/Dart. Probably best idea is to get yourself an appropriately-sized and configured Motorcraft 2100 and mount it with the throttle shaft running front to back rather than side to side (adaptor plate should be easy to find or make). See here and search this thread for "motorcraft" and/or "2100"; the guy's water-heated baseplate is a good idea since you're running headers.

The car is a 1965 barracuda. The engine is a 73 do not know what it is out of. It has Clifford headers with offenhouser intake with 600 holley.The engine has nothing else done to it as far as know. It has rod linkage
600 Holley what? Vacuum secondary, Double pumper? A 4160 based VS model should't over carburete if tuned properly, You've got a 290cfm 2bbl already, even if the
secondaries never open so what? If You want, it's easy to disable the secondaries so they don't try to open at all, run on the primaries, tune, & go w/o all this switch/
swappin'/adaptin'. You didn't disclose exactly why You want to swap out carbs, so lets have it, running poorly,poor mileage, just think You should,.....?

I would start with a Holley 750.
Under that I would put an Air-Gap.
And then under that, I would put a 408. :)

I would start with a Holley 750.
Under that I would put an Air-Gap.
And then under that, I would put a 408. :)
Hey, You, SCAT!!! Get outta here You !!! Dagnabbit, Whippersnappin' V-8 Pimpin',............!!!!!

-
Back