Need some advice on suspension/rearend

-

Hankrebel

Reaction score
71 Swinger 318
7 1/4 rear with open gears
14 inch Cragar SS wheels that have slight rust but could be rechromed or powder coated.
I dont have the original wheels.
Front brake disc conversion from scarebird
This isnt going to be a daily driver but a nice cruiser.

I was able to find an 8 3/4 sure grip 2.76 complete drum to drum. Just needs to be cleaned up and brake lines. Axles are SBP.

I'd like to put bigger tires on as the 14s are to skinny/small for my taste and for better traction.
I'm not opposed to a spring relocate kit to get some more room but don't want to do a mini-tub.

Can my existing axles be re-drilled for BBP?
Can I go with rear disc with SBP? I've seen some conflicting posts on the subject here.
I know going BBP will give me more wheel choices.
I've seen several people here suggest and use a 245/60/15 tire.

Just looking for some advice on the path I should take.

71 Swinger 318
7 1/4 rear with open gears
14 inch Cragar SS wheels that have slight rust but could be rechromed or powder coated.
I dont have the original wheels.
Front brake disc conversion from scarebird
This isnt going to be a daily driver but a nice cruiser.

I was able to find an 8 3/4 sure grip 2.76 complete drum to drum. Just needs to be cleaned up and brake lines. Axles are SBP.

I'd like to put bigger tires on as the 14s are to skinny/small for my taste and for better traction.
I'm not opposed to a spring relocate kit to get some more room but don't want to do a mini-tub.

Can my existing axles be re-drilled for BBP?
Can I go with rear disc with SBP? I've seen some conflicting posts on the subject here.
I've seen several people here suggest and use a 245/60/15 tire.

Just looking for some advice on the path I should take.

Can my existing axles be re-drilled for BBP? - You can, but it isn't recommended or safe, from what I have read. Just buy the BBP axles. You can also get some SBP wheels that are bigger and wider for a larger tire.
Can I go with rear disc with SBP? I've seen some conflicting posts on the subject here. - Yes, Dr. Diff has them as well as another company. Needs to be a 15" wheel or bigger.
I've seen several people here suggest and use a 245/60/15 tire. - Yes this is the largest tire you can fit with a stock wheel and springs

I second the idea of going to see the Doctor. Dr.Diff! He will hook you up.

-
Back