Need some help re suspension..

-

grassy

Reaction score
..I think I am going to put a poly set front suspension kit into the duster really and I am leaning to a set of sway bars..

I really want this car to handle safely because of it's cargo.

I see Jegs uses a brand called energy and addaco bars..I see that PST is an advertiser and I see there kits all over..and they also sell a set of front and rears..

How is pst againt the other ?

Comments , opinions please.

Thanks

Ian.

odd..because PST is less expensive.

Will this really improve the handling of the duster ?
thanks
ian.

OH! DUDE! I used a PST kit on my E-body Cuda and I love it. YES! This will help in a few areas. Handleing and steering are improved well. Bigger sway bars are really nice. I allways look foward to getting bigger sway bars on everything I drive. (Though my Dakota does really well for stock stuff)

Do both bars at the same time! (Actually, IMO, do the whole dang suspension at once with the bigger sway bars and new shocks. You'll absoultely love it!)

PST was real good about my phone calls and questions with replacement parts I needed. I was and I am still very happy with those guys.
(Who ever they are! LOL!)

Rumblefish..what I am doing is front discs, shocks all around..my car sits well..not sure if I need air shocks in the rear , the bushing kit and the two sway bars.

have I missed anything ?

Thanks
ian.

I'd skip air shocks. There mostly a ride height leveling adjustment part. If you need more rear tire clearance, ethier get a set of 1 inch overbent springs or a set of longer shackles for minor adjustments.

Miss anything? Shezzzzzzzz When you order/talk to PST for the equipment, IMO, the best way to go about it ask them for a complete kit to redo your front end, then add in the bigger sway bars and shocks. Of course, having all this money up front is another story and spending yours on the net is easy. ;) LOL!

Take your time and take with the sales personal at PST and make a list of what you have gotten and still need so you can make a "Hit list" of items to get.

Thanks..sounds like a good plan.,,yeah, the money is the hard part.
ian.

Avoid air shocks like the plague. The upper shock mounts aren't particularly strong, and air shocks put too much load on it.

You will be far better off with HD rear springs. Or, if your current springs are fine, replace the spring bushings (makes a huge difference).

can I buy the bushing as a set ? the springs look good at the moment..instead of air shocks..because they on the rear..do I go heavy duty or just the normal ?

Folks, this is really good info.

ian.

There are two sets of bushings in the rear. The bushing where the shackle bolt goes through the spring is two pieces. An 8 piece set will do the rear of the springs. I've only found the front bushing as an each. NAPA et. al. have these as rubber bushings. PST or Just Suspension will have these in poly??? as well.

I recommend you try to find a couple of factory LCA with the sway bar tabs. It lets you use the factory bar on the front which reduces the chance of bar to caliper contact. The factory mounts seem to be sturdier than those that use the lower shock bolt. That's my 2¢ worth.

The front eye bushings on the leaf springs are best replaced with poly. This is because they limit the deflection and control your thrust angle alot more.

Hellwig hands down for front and rear bars....go read my threads on the install.

-
Back