need some help with selecting cylinder head Mopar 408

-
okey I'd rather not replace the pistons in the engine is a bit low on money right now.
can i get some J heads to flow enough? because I think I will get to high compression with RPM cylinder heads.

1fast340= jag ska kolla på nitroz tack så mycke :)

okey I'd rather not replace the pistons in the engine is a bit low on money right now.
can i get some J heads to flow enough? because I think I will get to high compression with RPM cylinder heads.

Its not really static compression you need to worry about. As Rumblefish said, 11:1 is possible with the fuel you intend to use. Also, a good closed chamber design will generally tolerate more compression than an open chamber when using flat top pistons, regardless of cylinder head material.

Its not really static compression you need to worry about. As Rumblefish said, 11:1 is possible with the fuel you intend to use. Also, a good closed chamber design will generally tolerate more compression than an open chamber when using flat top pistons, regardless of cylinder head material.

okay fuel I use is 93 octane, so i can run the engine with 11:1? or should I run it on ethanol? If I use Edelbrock rpm heads should I use the heads with the 65 Combustion chamber volume ? I've heard that I need to have at least 220 cfm flow on the heads to my 408

thanks for all the answers

If you have someone who knows what they are doing you can get plenty of flow from the J heads. We have ported the J heads to:

.100".......78 cfm
.200"......139
.300"......187
.400"......232
.500"......270
.600"......292
.700"......298

However, I do not believe you have a big enough camshaft to run 11:1 on pump gas. I think you wil need something in the 260 degrees duration at .050" lift.

The 63cc Edelbrock heads work well on a 408. Since you have a cast crank, I would not build anything too wild, 500 hp is what they are rated for and I think that is an optimistic rating.

-
Back