need to clean my hands for wedding...

-
FYI, washing your car with dawn removes all the wax, and pulls flex agents out of the paint over time. Do yourself and your car a favor and stick to car soap.

Trust me guys, the plumbers white brush is the best for fingers and nails and not to rough.

Bunch of amateurs for being mechanics!!! LOL :-D

Fill up your sink about halfway with the hottest water you can stand, add about a half a cup or more of bleach, stick your hands in there and make yourself comfortable for a few minutes. You can watch the grunge melt away. As you're soaking, you can scrub under your nails and the really nasty areas with a brush too. Dawn works wonders for every day handwashing (I personally hate commercial hand cleaners, especially the smell of GoJo and Fast Orange) but the bleach/water mix is the way to go.

For you guys recommending soaking hands in petroleum products like oil or tranny fluid, DON'T. I'd hate to find out you contracted cancer in your later years.

Have a great time at the wedding!!!

P.S. Memike, YES, WD-40 is supposed to work well for arthritis. Spray it on and rub it in like hand lotion.

I.ve Heard About The Wd40,old Friend Sprayed It On His Knees For Arthritis.aparently It Works!for Hands I Use Dish Soap With A Bit Of Sugar,makes A Grit And Takes Smells Away(filleting Fish)

are you for real lol

Where the hell have you guys been, I've been using WD-40 for those worked in stains for years with no I'll effects and using a harsh soap drys the hell out of my skin. Actually my mother was the first to tell me about WD for the arthritis, I think my first reaction was the same as yours, but hey try it, it works.

Terry:-D:-D:-D

Just lather them up with some Irish spring while you are in the shower and use that fingernail brush like crazy! Unless you are dealing with ink or epoxy primer that does great!

Soak your hands in a bucket of warm soapy water, or take a long hot shower with your hands in the water. Take a bar of Lava soap and a good scrub brush and have at it. The real key is the scrub brush. And the good soaking.

scrub with acetone mixed with Dawn commercial detergent, folowed by Clorox rinse...if that doesn't work change races...:happy10:

I knew a guy who used a bleach/water mixture, then hand cleaner. He rebuilds trannys for a living and his hands were always clean.
I prefer orange clean and a brillo pad.

When I worked at Grumman, sometimes I had to clean my hands with trichlorethane to get certain adhesives off of them. I will probably be dead in a few years.

When working on my car, I usually use powdered laundry detergent with a scrub brush. Then, when in the shower, shampoo with a brush works out just about anything remaining.

I'm sure if you showed up at a restaurant and told the dishwasher-person, that you wanted to wash dishes for 3 hours, they'd gladly let you!

try scrubbing them with trans fluid, it has detergents in it. when ever I get done overhauling a trans my hands are very clean. (once the trans fluid is also rinced off)

thats the ticket. you never see transmission mechanics with dirty hands.

......or just tell them your a mechanic... thats the way it is.... they wont mind when they come to get there car fixed.8)

I never trust a mechanic with clean hands....

-RPM

REDFASTBACK,
I you will look at my 1st post, I mentioned washing HER car. I had flashbacks to my ex......I changed the oil last year, do I have to do it again this year? and I drove it it the rain all day so it's clean. She never washed her cars.
The only time I would use that method on a car is if it was really 'neglected' and I was going to do a complete top to bottom wax job on it.

REDFASTBACK,
I you will look at my 1st post, I mentioned washing HER car. I had flashbacks to my ex......I changed the oil last year, do I have to do it again this year? and I drove it it the rain all day so it's clean. She never washed her cars.
The only time I would use that method on a car is if it was really 'neglected' and I was going to do a complete top to bottom wax job on it.

Sorry, Dave, took it a little too literally....didn't read enough, my bad.:read2:

dusterdon hit the nail dead-center. Get a bar of lava, lather it up like crazy, then take a scrub brush & scrub a madman! Lava is the bomb. It might take a while, but it works just as good as anything else.

Lava is the original hand cleaner ya' know........

If Im out in the garage and just need to knock the crud off my hands I use gas or carb cleaner. It works great but Im pretty sure it is going to kill me sooner or later.

Yes J.R. death might be a concern but at the very least dermatitis with the use of carb cleaner, that stuffs just nasty.

Terry

LOL! I'm with you JR ... always loved that toluene smell myself too. NOWWWW the truth comes out about why I love to play with old nasty dirty car parts every day. Heh hehhh

ATF? Oil? WD-40? That stuff should never be purposely put on your hands and rubbed around. It's pretty well known any sort of used oil can be absorbed through the skin and WILL cause cancer of some sort.

Parts cleaner, brake cleaner, WD-40, ATF, Brake fluid, Oil is all a bad idea!! It may work, but is pretty bad for your health, not for the immediate time...but do that over the course of a career and it could really add up against you.

+1 for dishwashing soap and hot water.

ATF? Oil? WD-40? That stuff should never be purposely put on your hands and rubbed around. It's pretty well known any sort of used oil can be absorbed through the skin and WILL cause cancer of some sort.

Parts cleaner, brake cleaner, WD-40, ATF, Brake fluid, Oil is all a bad idea!! It may work, but is pretty bad for your health, not for the immediate time...but do that over the course of a career and it could really add up against you.

+1 for dishwashing soap and hot water.

X2.......I gotta agree here......great post Goody....

Nothing better than soap and water with a little scrub brush...............

X2.......I gotta agree here......great post Goody....

Nothing better than soap and water with a little scrub brush...............

Nah, I've been getting my hands dirty with everything from industrial oils to chemical solvents for over 35 yrs. and haven't grown any extra fingers or lost the 12 I've got. :toothy10::toothy10:

Terry

-
Back