Neeed these parts for my J heads..Think is safe to get from here?

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

I sure seem to be the person with the question don't I but better safe than sorry. Do you think it's safe to get this stuff from these places? My main concern is that it's not cheap junk. One of the guys at one of the engine rebuilders said I could use the rocker shaft off of my 318 but he can't mean use the old rockers too for a new 340 right?
2 Rocker Arm Shafts Chrysler 318 360 273 340 Small Block Dodge Shaft | eBay

Mopar Performance P4529742 Non-Roller Shaft Rocker Arm SBM 16 pc - 1.5 Ratio 99998016216 | eBay

Those will work. they both use the same rocker train. The hard chromed shafts usually are found under mechanical rockers but they are both the same OD and may have banana grooves across the oiler holes to spread the oil across the mechanical rocker. You can usually find a good working set from a yard as these usually dont wear past the point of use. If they are spent, they will show it with scuffed shafts. first is T/A 340 banana groove, note 2 holes per rocker. 2nd is 273 and looks like 318 hydro too.
55c10-6a0133f3a81960970b013486cb425f970c-pi.jpg

forget that MP hydro setup. For $553 you can get steel Comp 1.5 rollers
CCA-1622-16_UF_xl.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to find a mounting kit the bolts and clamps but I could take that stuff off of the 318.

Rocket here on FABO is selling shafts. I'd check with him on the shafts.

I've never been a fan of those OE rockers. Call Mike at B3 racing and talk to him. He can help you.

Jegs and Summit both sell that rocker kit for less than the eBay listing. And no reason to not use the older hold down kit, or you can get one from Hughes, or Harland Sharp hold downs from PitStop USA and others. The eBay shafts are stock shafts; MP shafts cost about the same.... but I can't comment on the relative quality.

That seems awfully expensive for stock replacement style rockers! I bought a set on here complete with shafts and bolts for like 45-50 bucks. Including shipping

Those will work. they both use the same rocker train. The hard chromed shafts usually are found under mechanical rockers but they are both the same OD and may have banana grooves across the oiler holes to spread the oil across the mechanical rocker. You can usually find a good working set from a yard as these usually dont wear past the point of use. If they are spent, they will show it with scuffed shafts. first is T/A 340 banana groove, note 2 holes per rocker. 2nd is 273 and looks like 318 hydro too.
View attachment 1715330716

View attachment 1715330719
Aren’t those chrome moly rockers?

View attachment 1715330716

View attachment 1715330719
I would do this before I spent 500 on factory replacement stuff.

-
Back