Never saw these before.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
These would be nice especially for guys in need of a plate.

22-575 Filter Plate For Small Block Mopar Billet Aluminum

35E38B75-0C44-4453-AFE7-28FFC8D9A9D6.jpeg

D467F95D-4A84-4385-A1D0-DB591145047D.jpeg

8926F847-1BEB-43CC-A8FE-A0A5F417FF76.jpeg

OH! A Canton plate. Yea, they have several interesting items for sure. A little pricey but it is a really high quality product. Canton is in Ct. (Connecticut.)

OH! A Canton plate. Yea, they have several interesting items for sure. A little pricey but it is a really high quality product. Canton is in Ct. (Connecticut.)
They are nice. I have one and crushed the o ring when installing it. I emailed them asking for a replacement part number for it and they said send us your address. I got 3 in the mail a few days later.

They are pricey but when you don't have one or have one that won't stop leaking because the plate is tweaked or a little abnormal, they are worth 3x that just to stop headaches. I think one member claimed in the past that they flow more as well.

That company makes some pretty nice products. I don’t think you will find much “pot metal” on their website

Last edited:
Ok ,I must be missing something or parts avalability is different where I live,...
I have 6 of the stock plates in various locations. They must be making the plates for the 'Cuda crowd that can recoup the cost.
The only way I can make sense of the $80 plate on a Duster is building a major Loss leader for advertising.
There is nothing wrong with most parts from China, a CNC machine is a CNC machine, a lathe is a Lathe. It doesn't matter what country it's in, same work. It's an outdated mindset that American products are always better quality.
I love my country. We don't make the best quality anymore,we make the most expensive and lack QC.
We need more American pride and Knowhow in our worksmanship.

When you get tossed in the middle of a thousand to win race because that flimsy stock plate and shitty gasket is leaking, 80 bucks is a bargain. DISCLAIMER: I have never actually had many issues with the stock plates with the good, thick Fel Pro gasket. That product definitely has its place.

I guess I never worried about the price of anything, never have.
If I want a certain something I always found a way to get it. Had to wait many a time for the funds to accumulate.
The plate is a very nice piece and worth every penny. imo

Damn, $80 a plate....WTF Is that a joke?
I did say they’re pricey but the other fellas beat me to it.
There top quality stuff.
Ok ,I must be missing something or parts avalability is different where I live,...
I have 6 of the stock plates in various locations. They must be making the plates for the 'Cuda crowd that can recoup the cost.
The only way I can make sense of the $80 plate on a Duster is building a major Loss leader for advertising.
There is nothing wrong with most parts from China, a CNC machine is a CNC machine, a lathe is a Lathe. It doesn't matter what country it's in, same work. It's an outdated mindset that American products are always better quality.
I love my country. We don't make the best quality anymore,we make the most expensive and lack QC.
A CNC machine is not a CNC machine nor is a lathe a lathe. In addition, nether is a worker a worker or a machinist a machinist. Not here, not over there, not anywhere.

While you can get a good quality item from China, not all companies spec that quality from them. If you don’t spec it and check it, your probably screwing yourself and allowing crap into the customers hands.

A great product can be found here in the U.S.A., but you need to pay the man his days wage and that’s not cheap nor is getting the material needed for the job.

Even though we are both Mopar guys I guess I just can't relate to the 'Cuda crowd. You guys live in a totally different world than I do.

If u guys think that’s too expensive you’re sadly mistaken. Tell us about your electronic products. Are they the bottom of the bucket price wise? I think not! I always thought that nothing is too good for my mopar. Kim

As someone who’s been working in manufacturing for over the last decade. I can say the quality of fittings and products I get doesn’t matter where they come from, I make hydraulic tubes for big equipment. China USA, Canada it’s all pretty much junk with no QC.

Exactly! ^^^^^^^

The owner/seller of the product the want/have made should meet the spec given to them, the standard of quality should be stated and meet. Then QC and the seller of the part should be making sure it’s what they want to sell.

If junky crap works & sells, that’s what you’re getting.
I’m sure it’s reflected in the price tag.
Everyone wants cheap and excellent quality. You can’t have both, pick one and suck it up.

As someone who’s been working in manufacturing for over the last decade. I can say the quality of fittings and products I get doesn’t matter where they come from, I make hydraulic tubes for big equipment. China USA, Canada it’s all pretty much junk with no QC.
Well where a work, one of the products we sell is chromatography tubing. Any material from China can't meet the required surface finish. Tubing from the USA is about a 5% rejection rate. General it's more about quality control from China sucks.

Well where a work, one of the products we sell is chromatography tubing. Any material from China can't meet the required surface finish. Tubing from the USA is about a 5% rejection rate. General it's more about quality control from China sucks.
I haven’t used any hydraulic spec tubing made in China in years. Most used to come from Germany then the tariff ruined that. Most comes from the Netherlands now, and the worst and dirtiest we would use comes from India.

Mu
I guess I never worried about the price of anything, never have.
If I want a certain something I always found a way to get it. Had to wait many a time for the funds to accumulate.
The plate is a very nice piece and worth every penny. imo
Must be nice to have enough money to not have to worry about what stuff costs.

Mu
LMAO! Yup! To a degree, I agree. If ya got it, spend it since you can’t take it with you. But that mind set is a good one. Build the best you can. If you can’t, do the best with what you got.
Screw the rest.

Mu
Dan, he is saying he had to scrimp and save. Probably sometimes for weeks, months or even years. I myself know what that’s like. Family comes first. I finally saved enough money to buy my coveted 70 Road Runner that I wanted since 1989. That was in 2015. My daughter wanted to get into drag racing so we built my duster into a low 10 second car. Watching her with that car is worth every penny I spent on it. I guess the RR was not to be. Kim

-
Back