New Air gap intake

-

Meet-Joe-"Dart"

Reaction score
Just a quick pic for ya... finally got my new intake installed. Man I hope she's up and running this spring!:blob::blob::blob: Gettin antsy!

Attachments

• IMG_3307.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 411
Looks great. I have the same equipment on my 408. I did cheat and buy an off shore air gap copy and it's working fine. Nice job there!

very nice. i already have my air gap intake im just saving some loot for a set of aluminum heads like yours. did you not like the edelbrock rockers? im not sure if i should order mine bare or assembled

very nice. i already have my air gap intake im just saving some loot for a set of aluminum heads like yours. did you not like the edelbrock rockers? im not sure if i should order mine bare or assembled
The magnum heads use the same style rockers as Chevy. The LA heads are shaft. He just has the Edelbrock RPM heads for a Magnum (61779).

OK cool that's good to know, I'll probably be getting Edelbrock heads for my 360 at some point. Any particular advantage of having the Magnums over the LA's?

And what's the setup on the bottom end for the OP's engine? Looks very close to being done maybe 1-2 weeks if you got all the parts?

OK cool that's good to know, I'll probably be getting Edelbrock heads for my 360 at some point. Any particular advantage of having the Magnums over the LA's?

And what's the setup on the bottom end for the OP's engine? Looks very close to being done maybe 1-2 weeks if you got all the parts?
Smaller cc (magnums have 58 and LA closed chamber is 63) and they use a 1.6 ratio rocker stock while LA uses 1.5, though you could always change that.

Yeah its getting close still need a few items(like a transmission for example!!!) valve covers etc... As far as the bottom end -stock crank, stock rods(resized) external balance, JE Pistons(60 thou over), Comp cam(20 224 4) Maybe 2-3 weeks to complete just depends on time and $$$. :)

The magnum heads use the same style rockers as Chevy. The LA heads are shaft. He just has the Edelbrock RPM heads for a Magnum (61779).

yes i get that. i was asking if he didnt like the edelbrock rockers or if there was another reason for going with the pro comps. im building a magnum motor and am saving money for the same heads. i was wanting to know if i should get my heads bare (no valves or rockers or springs) and buy my own rockers or get them assembled if the edelbrock valvetrain is fine. i know they max out just over .525 lift wich is fine for me because thats just over what my cam has. :cheers:

No matter what you do. Save yourself much pain & money by having a good shop check out the new Eddie heads before they are installed on your engine. Please. My new out of the box heads were gross by any standard and I found swarf. I called Eddie and they were not very helpful. I was glad a spent a few extra bucks and had them "finished correctly" Like everythijg else Eddie has the parts supplies from off shore than street people do the assy. so they can say made in the USA. I will neverr buy another Eddie Product. I call it BOBS,,,Bolt On Bull ****
Brad, Aircraft Engineer/FAA A&P

oh thats not good to hear. barely anyone is making aluminum magnum heads i thought those ones would be my only real option

oh thats not good to hear. barely anyone is making aluminum magnum heads i thought those ones would be my only real option

This is my 2nd set of Eddy heads, I liked the first set and so I bought another set for this project. My shop checked them out and did a little work on them, so yes I agree with Brad. However i would suggest doing your own home-work before buying heads, check out reviews on FABO (and else where.) My 2 cents:happy1:

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969430583 said:
Oh good to hear that... I was debating whether or not to go with the Air-Gap based on some mixed reviews. :thumleft:

The air gap will help make lower end torque. I had a super victor on my 408, but never even started it with it on. I built this car to make torque, and the rpm intake works very well. You will like it.

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969430583 said:
Oh good to hear that... I was debating whether or not to go with the Air-Gap based on some mixed reviews. :thumleft:

I'm not a fan of my crosswinds, it work but my bolt hole alignment was bad and there was extra casting hanging over the valley I had to mill down. Now my Eddy airgap was a bolt on and go. Quality was 100%

-
Back