New guy with a new project

-
Update....I have not had much time to work on the car alot but I figured out that the 9 1/4 just is not going to work out, so I am having "my MOPAR connection" (lol) build me an 8 3/4 and should have it by the end of week. I will post pics once it is in and the car is back on the ground.

Ok, been a loooong time since las post but here is a small update. I am trying to find more time and motivation to get this thing done and now that the suspension and new 8 3/4 are in the car I am ready to dig in to this thing and get the body and paint done, which is where the car is now. I have the motor back from the machine shop and will be assembling that this next week and the 727 is completely rebuilt too. Here is a pic of the car just before we loaded it up to go to body and paint.

PICT0283.jpg

Thats stealing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding. Welcome abord. Maybe this will get you to build other "MOPARS" that you come across. FABO rules

I'm getting sick!!! Dude that is looking good. Wish I could run across a steal like that... Gonna be a sweet car when ya get it done

Man sweet deal!!!!!!!!!! I've thought about someday, when I have the cash flow, getting my wife a project also. Very cool man.

It's been over 2 yers i think since I updated. The car pretty much sat the whole time but I am now back on it and should finish it before next spring.

Here it is home from paint last weekend...The indoor pics do this color no justice at all!!

PICT0363.jpg

PICT0358.jpg

PICT0356.jpg

Here it is this morning with the freshly built 727 and rebuilt 360, although I do need to get my aluminum valve covers still...lol

PICT0362.jpg

PICT0359.jpg

PICT0357.jpg

I've been busy collecting parts and now starting to see some progress. laying out the wiring and trying to figure the best routes for everything. i want to hide as much as I can.

PICT0365.jpg

PICT0364.jpg

very cool buddy! i see that ya have the performer manifold on ur engine i sold ya!

Yep, it's on there and looks pretty good, thanks!

And again, thanks to everybody for the compliments. I have the motor wired up now, I am going to have the front lights wired this weekend and probably be moving to the dash as well. I will post more pics soon.

Thats very nice! Is it still going to be the girlfriends car? Bet you're hoping she didn't remember you said it would be for her...lol.

quick question, whats up with those raised tower deals that are welded on your shock towers, where the shock goes through? never seen that before...

quick question, whats up with those raised tower deals that are welded on your shock towers, where the shock goes through? never seen that before...

The previous owner did that so that the shocks still had good travel when the car was lowered. He had it pretty low....

Some update pics...

I have just about finished wiring the car. All the main wiring is done, I just need to wire up the grounds and some accessories now (i.e. stereo, door and trunk poppers etc..) and then I will test everything. I have installed all new brake lines front to back, new dist. block and prop valve, new master cyl. I also installed a new fuel tank and sending unit, new radiator, bumpers are on. I still need to have my painter paint the grill and side marker light housings, but that will be done in the next couple of weeks. Interior is going in, in a few weeks so I need to install the dynamat on the floor, trunk, doors and roof before then. I have all the rubber for the car now and will install that and the glass after interior.

PICT0382.jpg

PICT0381.jpg

PICT0380.jpg

PICT0377.jpg

PICT0376.jpg

-
Back