New riding mower xt2 cadet

-
I purchased the XT1 a few years ago. This will be the third season and I am happy with the performance however I noticed that the rear axle is leaking at both axle seals coming out of the diff. Looks like 1 sealed unit and no provision to check/add fluid. Going to have to figure something out but this should not be after a few years.
Take a look at this for your transmission

80% of lawn equipment in that past 20 years is either MTD or AYP despite what's printed on the stickers.

I used to haul for Northern Tool and one of my regular loads came out of the MTD plant in the Carolinas.

I'd stand 20' from the asembly line and watch MTD, Cub Cadet, Husky, Poulan, Craftsman and about five others come down the line together to be boxed and shipped to stores all over the US and Canada.

I've wondered about that. All very similar looking and have the same transaxle.

11 year old 42" Husqvarna .. they had to replace the head gasket under recall after 4 years.. think I'm ready for another gasket this summer that I'll do.. Kohler 24 hp screw up engine ..maintained very well, not a ton of hours and still.... BS

I`m wondering how old you guys mowers are, john deere bought out most all the lawnmower brands around here yrs ago , never see murrays, mtd`s hardly ever, and all the offshoots that were cheaper.. They bought out about 6-7 diff. brands > ???
Mine will be 13 yes this year

Dang, maybe I should have just bought the lowes Murray mower. If it's all the same company building them I could have just bought the cheap unit Murray and saved a few hundred bucks. Though the cadet does have some nice features you dont get with the lower models. Lol, and I don't mean the beer holder. Though that should be standard on every riding mower.

The ones in Lowe’s and depot are nowhere near the quality of the ones you find at dealers.
Yeah, the cadet dealer I bought mine from told me that he refuses to even work on the chain store ones, even if it is a cadet. I tend to believe him as while I was there he ran a customer out the door for bringing in a chain store weed wacker that he wanted repaired. The dealer told him "nope, you bought that crap now you deal with it " and when the customer left, the dealer said I wish people could see what they are actually getting when they buy cheaper chain store goods. He said since I bought my mower from him with cash, I automatically get first priority service over anyone else. So if my mower goes down, I bring it in and jump to the front of the line over anyone else getting repairs done. Lol. I hope I never have to find out if that's true. But I'm glad to know if I do need it, its possibly there.

Exactly. I asked my jd dealer why they were so much more expensive then a chain store one. He went over The Who thing, drawings and all to show me the difference. Before I bought at the dealer I went to a chain store to look and everything he said was true. I bought at the dealer and it’s been a great lawn tractor.

Yep, I think if you need tools, lumber, paint, etc. the chain stores are great. But if it's got a gas engine on it, best go to the guys that you are going to have do the repairs if you need them to buy the equipment in the first place. You wouldn't buy dentures from a proctologist just to go to a dentist when they broke or needed adjusting. You'd trust the dentist from the start. At least I would hope so. Lol.

My john Deere turned 40 this year, 1979 210.

IMG_20160417_105843.jpg

I bought a Cub Cadet snowblower at my local dealer fall '08. I bought because it had a B&S engine while most of the competition had Chinese engines since the Sno-Kings were no longer available. Also was a 33" width and 300-some cc's.

Two seasons and about 5 hours of use later the engine seized... then I find out it's a Chinese made B&S... it's still in my shop. I'm waiting for it to fix itself.

Yeah I saw the craftsman mowers, mtd, husqvarna, Murray, etc. Theres even alot of nice john deere mowers for decent prices. But when you start to compare them to each other, it becomes pretty obvious that paying $1500 for a 36" deck, 15hp, non hydrostatic, stamped deck, 2 year limited warranty, no efi, isnt the best option for the usage we put on our equipment. Yeah, its $700 more for the cadet on sale. But heck if I opted for the additional warranty on the Murray mower I'm paying the same price dang near for the bigger unit with all the bells and whistles and I get a better unlimited 3 year warranty. And if you want the equivalent to it in a deere then your looking at nothing less than the s240 for $2800. And if you want the extended warranty, it's free from deere if you promise to use only them for services. At hundreds per year for the services. View attachment 1715314138 View attachment 1715314139 View attachment 1715314140 View attachment 1715314141 View attachment 1715314142 View attachment 1715314143 View attachment 1715314144 View attachment 1715314145
I've always heard the better mowers are all about the quality of the deck.

I would agree the deck quality is certainly a factor. At least in my usage range, we have hilly, uneven terrain and our decks take a beating scrubbing up against trees in the orchard, fencing, outbuildings, parts cars, lol. I guess I get what I get when you let a teenager rocking out with his headphones do the mowing. I don't know if the fabricated deck was an additional cost or if it is just standard on the lx46 xt2 model. Everyone I saw was a heavier fabbed deck and the 42" was always stamped that I saw. It could be that's what the dealer had in stock or all he stocks them in for the size and assumed usage someone buying that model would need.

I've always heard the better mowers are all about the quality of the deck.

in the case of my JD the mower deck was a lot heavier, it has a full frame and the steering was a lot heavier duty then the chain store ones. there was a few other things too but i don't remember what they were.

I guess I get what I get when you let a teenager rocking out with his headphones do the mowing
None of us could afford the anti-teenager option, lol.
No lie, caught mine watching a video, mowing with the push mower a week ago. Just stared at him. Speechless..............

It makes me wonder why we let them have a car. It's why cell phones are illegal to use while driving a car. Though I imagine if a cop drove by and saw a person on their phone while operating a riding mower they could ticket them. I know they bust people for drinking alcohol and rider mowing, skateboarding intoxicated, bicycling under the influence. And I think I heard once they were trying to ban texting and walking at the same time cause dumbass people were walking into traffic distracted by their phones. Lol. Darwin's law at work there.

-
Back