New shop maybe?

-
As a mechanical engineer who has done HVAC design for a Morton Building, I can say that I was impressed with the construction.

i got 2 carolina carports sheds butted together to make 20x40 and i went with 10 foot walls,..wished id went with 12 or 14 now! get your concrete done first!! mine cost 1200 for one side and 1400 for the side with roll up door and walk in door so for 2600 i got 40x20x10 but i didnt get the walls covered its a open air deal cooled in winter and heated in summer! had a couple feet of snow on it and no signs of caving in!

i got 2 carolina carports sheds butted together to make 20x40 and i went with 10 foot walls,..wished id went with 12 or 14 now! get your concrete done first!! mine cost 1200 for one side and 1400 for the side with roll up door and walk in door so for 2600 i got 40x20x10 but i didnt get the walls covered its a open air deal cooled in winter and heated in summer! had a couple feet of snow on it and no signs of caving in!

The snowstorm which got mine was extremely wet. In fact a friend of mine had her carport collapse that day also and totaled her new Honda...... There were several in my area overall that it happened to. Mother nature ain't no joke......

One day when the time is right you can cover your walls. CC will even have a crew do it for you but I have no idea on the cost. The one I had collapse I dismantled from a Clist deal and reassembled. It didn't just snap back together lol but all the metal combined is what makes them so strong....

JW

theres 2 or 3 up mount airy, tnt is one other one on left of 52 cant miss it big factory and eagel?? carolina carports in just south of mount airy off 601 in boonville nc shop around different places will have different prices on same buildings! i orderd mine threw a neighboor that works at carolina and got a lil bit of a discount...if i had it to do again i do it lil different but still woulda been carolina!

Yeah. I spoke to a couple dealers who deal Carolina carports. So far they are the best prices for what I want. Gonna go with 11 ft walls. That will give me 13ft 7in peak height on the roof. Now I'm looking locally for a good company to level the area where it's going and pour concrete.

woman i got mine threw works there taking orders on the phone,..saved me a couple hundred on cheapest dealer i could find on each half of mine...

My lift is on 4" of concrete... built the shop in 1994. Never had a problem. It's what the local Rotary lift installer recommends. All you need is a strong mix... mine had fiber mesh in it.

shop pic 2005.jpg

I also want to run power and water to this building, do I need to do that before the concrete pad is poured?

would be better so it could buried to the inside of building. I have my electrical coming up thru cell in block and up to breaker box. I didn't put water since I have outside spigot on house that I could run hose off of.

My electrical service is underground... I always wanted to run water into the shop but never have although I have a 3' square corner that was not covered in concrete in case I change my mind.

Yeah. I spoke to a couple dealers who deal Carolina carports. So far they are the best prices for what I want. Gonna go with 11 ft walls. That will give me 13ft 7in peak height on the roof. Now I'm looking locally for a good company to level the area where it's going and pour concrete.

Do yourself a favor and take a few of the lift dealers and check their height dimensions so you know the lift you want will fit. Try to plan out what you can. Leaving a spot in the floor with no concrete is a great idea and if I had to do it over again it would be at the top of the list. It allows you to make some changes if necessary. Lots of good info on replys.

JW

Do yourself a favor and take a few of the lift dealers and check their height dimensions so you know the lift you want will fit. Try to plan out what you can. Leaving a spot in the floor with no concrete is a great idea and if I had to do it over again it would be at the top of the list. It allows you to make some changes if necessary. Lots of good info on replys.

JW
I spoke to a woman at Eagle lifts who gave me quite a bit of information. Gonna call bendpak and some others this week when I get the chance. Originally I was gonna do the whole floor in 4 in reinforced concrete, because some lifts can use that. Now I think it would be a better idea if I do the whole floor in 6 in reinforced concrete.

Mine is a 5 bag mix with fiber mesh. Not an inch of steel mesh or rebar. 30x50. 23 years and zero problems...I've serviced many one ton trucks weighing 7-8K. One more thing...my old Weaver lift is constructed of 1" steel... much heavier than what you'd buy today. I'd bet it weighs 2500#'s alone...

Mine is a 5 bag mix with fiber mesh. Not an inch of steel mesh or rebar. 30x50. 23 years and zero problems...I've serviced many one ton trucks weighing 7-8K. One more thing...my old Weaver lift is constructed of 1" steel... much heavier than what you'd buy today. I'd bet it weighs 2500#'s alone...
Hot damn that's heavy.

Hot damn that's heavy.
100% American made steel... no cables just 4" hydraulic cylinders linked by leaf chain. Bought it used for $1800.00 in 1994...it's likely a 1970's vintage. Weaver was bought out by Rotary years ago.

100% American made steel... no cables just 4" hydraulic cylinders linked by leaf chain. Bought it used for $1800.00 in 1994...it's likely a 1970's vintage. Weaver was bought out by Rotary years ago.
The 9000 pound rated eagle lifts with 9 foot posts are about $1500. I think it's pretty reasonable.

If you keep an eye out you can find nice commercial lifts for sale at good prices. Last fall a local automotive shop closed and sold four nice Rotary lifts for $700.00 each. Don't let the idea of installing your own deter you from buying used...it's a simple straight forward deal... all you need is a level, a string and a good tape measure. .. Had mine up in a couple hours.

I bought my pole building as a 5,000 square foot industrial woodworking shop (50x100).... disassembled the 1500 sq. ft. I could put on my city lot and sold the rest to a local hobby farmer. I hired a contractor to pull the poles and remove the trusses and I trucked the whole deal home. Then he reset the poles and trusses and I reassembled the rest with the help from my teenage sons.

I got a building built for $5,000.00 which would have cost me $15,000.00 if I had it erected by someone else. Poverty forces one to learn new skills.

Last edited:
If you keep an eye out you can find nice commercial lifts for sale at good prices. Last fall a local automotive shop closed and sold four nice Rotary lifts for $700.00 each. Don't let the idea of installing your own deter you from buying used...it's a simple straight forward deal... all you need is a level, a string and a good tape measure. .. Had mine up in a couple hours.
Good to know, stilling working with the county for permit and finding a good concrete company.

-
Back