New Summer Promotion Starts NOW -- reserve your spot

-
I wish I could make a formal reservation Leanna, but I wont know exactly what I need done until I go home on leave in a month or so....as soon as I get back this summer i'm sure ill be shipping some stuff out to you, i've got 5 months to cram the Fish in before I have to find a new job and put the fish on the back burner until life settles down again...hoping to have interior and exterior done in that time...i'll let you know more as soon as I know.

Sounds like a great deal!

For the newbie: are any of the original finishes for the a-bodies powder coated or is this for non-stock restorations only? It would be cool to know which parts came from the factory with which finish.

I am doing a mostly stock resto (for now) and not sure if any of the parts should be powder coated.

Thanks!

simon, as far as I know (feel free to correct me if you guys know for sure), although powder coating has been around for over forty years, I don't believe any A Body stock parts were in fact powder coated at the factory.

I have powders in stock and others available from my supplier that are exact duplicates for many stock paints used back then though, such as the black wrinkle paint popular on air cleaners and valve covers, Hemi Orange, etc. With over 6,500 colors available, whatever you need is probably already in existence, but if it's not custom color matching from your sample is also available as well.

Feel free to take a look at my website's Gallery of work samples to get an idea of what can be done. Though I really love the custom one-off jobs, factory-style restorations are something else I can do too.

If you PM me with your email address, I can forward you a list of factory Mopar colors used on certain parts if that will assist in your restoration.

Am I before the dicount?

April..Pettybludart? J/k with ya!

Pettybludart, you're not before the discount ... all FABO members are entitled to at least 10% off. :-D You WERE a little early for the summer promotion though (but there's still a few months to go if you want to get in on that later with something else).

Those M/Ts you sent me look to be in pretty good shape! They're always fabulous metal to work with and tend to exceed even my expectations when they're done. Yours should be no exception.

Thank you again for your business and your confidence in my abilities!

I wish I could make a formal reservation Leanna, but I wont know exactly what I need done until I go home on leave in a month or so....as soon as I get back this summer i'm sure ill be shipping some stuff out to you, i've got 5 months to cram the Fish in before I have to find a new job and put the fish on the back burner until life settles down again...hoping to have interior and exterior done in that time...i'll let you know more as soon as I know.

xlexl, welcome to FABO! I must have missed your opening thread.

At this point in time, I haven't really decided on having a "drop-dead date" on this promotion (such as 'all reservations have to be made by May 31' or something like that). I tend to be pretty easy to work with and am always open to suggestions from other members ... I've had my Cuda for 19 years on April 9 and know exactly what you guys go through getting these cars back on the road, and it seems things never go the way we want them to. When you get an idea how you want to proceed, give me a call and we can work something out we're both comfortable with.
Thanks for your interest and service to our country! :love7:

Leanna,
Where does you booking stand at this point?

Backtobasics, my April 3 post above has the most current info. Feel free to pencil yourself in whenever and with whatever you like.

The current turn around time is probably about 30 days ... finishing up a fairly large job today, have 2 lower control arms left to finish up on a big suspension parts job, five sets of valve covers, seven center caps to polish and clear ............

Yikes, after looking at that list, my butt should be in the shop instead of taking a lunch break. :-D

Thanks for keeping this in your thoughts and bumping it gang!

Leanna,
Do I need to send the parts already stripped, and ready to PC, or do you have the ability to blast / strip the parts?

Do you have a "guidance" price list, so I could budget? For example:

Pair V8 Valve covers = x
Slant six valve cover = y
Alternator brackets = z

ETC....

CORRECTION, I found it on Phoenix's web site:
http://phoenixs.dot5hosting.com/page4.html

Leanna,
Do I need to send the parts already stripped, and ready to PC, or do you have the ability to blast / strip the parts?

Do you have a "guidance" price list, so I could budget? For example:

Pair V8 Valve covers = x
Slant six valve cover = y
Alternator brackets = z

ETC....

CORRECTION, I found it on Phoenix's web site:
http://phoenixs.dot5hosting.com/page4.html[/QUOTE]

I was just going to tell you where to find that info! I know there's a bunch of preliminary BS at the top of the page, but being familiar with it will save you money in the long run. The ballpark Automobile Parts and Motorcycle /Trike / Bike Parts Price Lists are further down the page.

Thanks again guys!!! :love7:

Leanna is the bomb, she go's over and above.

Ongoing satisfied customer.

Roger

Special thanks go out to SuperDart340 for making yet another summer reservation ... I appreciate it Bob!

This is the most current schedule for the summer reservation program. Feel free to add yourselves wherever you see an open week!!! Remember, all reservations entitle you to a 20% DISCOUNT instead of the usual 10% FABO member discount.

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 -
May 23 - SuperDart340
May 30 -

June 6 -
June 13 -
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 -
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 -
August 8 -
August 13 - SuperDart340
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday ) -
September 19 -
September 26 -

Special thanks go out to 65Dartman ... the parts for his first reservation already arrived! I appreciate your ongoing loyalty and business more than you know Don. It's an honor to have you as a customer.

It's starting to fill up! Here's the latest reservation calendar.

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 -
May 23 - SuperDart340
May 30 -

June 6 -
June 13 -
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 - 65Dartman
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 - 65Dartman
August 8 -
August 13 - SuperDart340
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday) -
September 19 -
September 26 -

I'm in!

May 2 - 65BCODA - rumblefish360
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 - rumblefish360
May 23 - My B-day!

Thanks Rob!!! Looks like you copied the earlier list so here is the latest version.

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 - Rumblefish360
May 23 - SuperDart340
May 30 -

June 6 -
June 13 -
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 - 65Dartman
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 - 65Dartman
August 8 -
August 13 - SuperDart340
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday) -
September 19 -
September 26 -

If another member has already chosen "your" preferred week, it's no problem at all to double or triple up on the reservation schedule. Although I've been known to spend a few days or more working on a customer's part, there's no set time frame for completion on any given job -- I do whatever it takes for however long it takes to get it done right the first time. Some obviously take longer than others.

The reservations WILL take precedence over 'regular' incoming work though since this promotion isn't really being advertised anywhere else. You guys have been terrific in keeping me busy the last couple of years though, and it's only right that FABO members should be afforded special treatment over the racingjunk, motortopia and internet customers as a little payback in appreciation.

Thanks to all of you who've already reserved a spot, and to everyone else who's thinking about doing so! I value each and every one of you.

This is the latest version of my Summer Promotion Reservation Calendar. Parts have already arrived for a couple of the May 2010 reservations and more are on the way!

Thanks guys!

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 - Rumblefish360
May 23 - SuperDart340 (and of course we can't forget Rumble's bday)
May 30 -

June 6 -
June 13 -
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 - 65Dartman
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 - 65Dartman
August 8 -
August 13 - SuperDart340
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday) -
September 19 -
September 26 - 65Dartman

May is filling up nicely ... thanks guys! Here's the latest update.

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 - Rumblefish360
May 30 -

June 6 - 65 Dartman
June 13 -
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 - 65Dartman
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 - 65Dartman
August 8 -
August 13 - SuperDart340
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday) -
September 19 -
September 26 - 65Dartman

65 Dartman is setting reservation records over here. LOL C'mon, anybody wanna challenge him???

Thanks for the continued loyalty and incoming business Don! I appreciate it, as I do from all the rest of you.

I want to welcome a new PSC customer, Slappy. It'll be great working with you Tod! :-D I appreciate your business and confidence in my abilities.

Here's the latest list ... feel free to claim a week or two for your own parts!!! Remember, making a reservation on this list entitles you to a 20% labor discount rather than the standard FABO 10% discount.

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 - Rumblefish360
May 30 -

June 6 - 65 Dartman
June 13 - Slappy
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 - 65Dartman
July 11 -
July 18 -
July 25 -

August 1 - 65Dartman
August 8 -
August 13 - SuperDart340
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday) -
September 19 -
September 26 - 65Dartman

There's still a few more spots available later in the summer. Thanks go out to greendart72 for the latest reservation! I Look forward to working with you Stan. :-D

May 2 - 65BCODA
May 9 - 65Dartman
May 16 - Rumblefish360
May 30 -

June 6 - 65 Dartman
June 13 - Slappy
June 20 - SuperDart340
June 27 -

July 4 - 65Dartman
July 11 -
July 18 - greendart72
July 25 -

August 1 - 65Dartman
August 8 -
August 13 - SuperDart340
August 22 -
August 29 -

September 5 -
September 12 (my bday) -
September 19 -
September 26 - 65Dartman

Has anyone p/c their bumpers.I would be Interested in seeing what chrome pc would look like.

-
Back