newbie from idaho needs help!

-

vj318

Reaction score
first I,d like to say hello and that i am so glad that i came across this web site. I am in the middle of restoring a 70 belvedere with a 318. the engine had a badly cracked block so i picked up a 318 out of a 69 pickup. when i got the engine home and cleaned it up I found that the motor was a 1974,which I think I am ok with. the problem I am having is identifying the heads that are on it. the casting # is 3870277 it also has the word truck cast into one of the intake runners. I have been to many web sites that have casting #s but have not found this one. It would be great if someone out there could help me with this. thanks and its great to be here.:banghead:

Welcome aboard from the mitten state! I couldn't find anything on the casting # you posted. Hopefully some will chime in with the info you need. You might put a post in "small block tech" forum for faster results.

Was it a 318-3 truck motor? If so, they may be heavy duty but not high performance heads. Are the heads from your other engine usable? Or, if you're looking for new core heads, Jalopy Jungle in Nampa had a complete 80's trucks motors which should have "302" casting heads. (or did a few months back)

Welcome to FABO VJ318!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC07612.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 95
I guess I could put some pics up. but my car is a b-body 70 belvedere. I logged into yhe a-body site cause I figured that you guys were prbably more familiar with the 318 than the b-body site would be. this has worked out good for me. I have gotten alot of good info off of my thread in small block tech section that I havent been able to get anyplace else.

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

-
Back