No luck contacting Bullet Cams- any suggestions on vendors other than the big names?

-
I was happy to read this. I was starting to think the custom grind solid roller I have from IQ52 was a piece of junk cut for a big block Chevy after reading this thread.

If you did, great, if not, great.
People can get a bit diehard when it comes to brands, preferences vary...what works is gold, right? We all have a bit of this in us...I think they call it 'common sense'.lol Well we are just the lucky customers, fortunate enough to have a good experience be it quick turn around, customer service in general... or just by virtue of giving the correct and utmost accurate details of the motor/heads, usage, hp expectation. But it could have been the next company in line that ground your cam and gave the same end result...you'll never know, right?lol Others like to throw in the brand issue..."they're a Chevy shop" or "they're a Mopar only shop"...if they are a REAL shop none of that would matter, it's math+experience...plain and simple and in my opinion the only water those statements hold is in regards to shadow grinders/builders who take the stenciled path... grinding old catalog numbers, which does happen a lot. Thing is...there are variables, be it flaw or advantage in the combo , those numbers on the box by only a few degrees can make or break the performance...hence experience.
Honestly I find myself happy with every custom grind I use, be it Engle, Herbert, Lunati, Schneider etc.. and I'm sure you will too. BTW Lunati gets pricey.

Chet Herbert himself sold me my "Stage 2" cam years ago out of his place by Disneyland. I felt like a fool later, when I asked for the 'guy in the wheelchair'. OOPS ! I later heard his cam grinder machine was like 60 years old and was a little loose, but it ran great.

Chet Herbert himself sold me my "Stage 2" cam years ago out of his place by Disneyland. I felt like a fool later, when I asked for the 'guy in the wheelchair'. OOPS ! I later heard his cam grinder machine was like 60 years old and was a little loose, but it ran great.
Chet ground my 351-c cams for me after breaking an Engle in a high rpm explosion...they were the best pieces I ran and were $80 regrinds...

Hughes racing engines...Mopar only engine shop they rock, very knowledgeable they develop their own parts!

This turned out to be a great thread to remind people who is out there. I will most likely use Dwayne Porter as he was super easy to deal with in our conversation..... He definitely perked an ear when I told him the car would be getting Fuel Injection fairly soon. And he encouraged me to reconsider the Exhaust Manifold route lol.... In my era of owning A Body's back in the day all the headers sucked for street applications but not so much now.... I will chime in when I get my heads off the car and get them flowed and the Combustion Chamber cc'd.... It will be interesting as to what he picks for a cam. It will most likely be a solid and fairly small....

JW

Manifold engine? May call Bob Karakashian. Super easy to get ahold of. Knows his stuff. Quick turnaround for a custom grind.

-
Back