-NOVA- the real 4 letter word

-
i know not everyone is going to know what a duster is...i get that, especially younger people.

really today's kids have no excuse for being idiots when they Google just about every damn thing on their little phones instead of actually thinking.

Attachments

• 8089231414_5f8fb87427_m - Copy.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 204
  • f_711ff9a78a.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 236
thats why we love mopars so much. you cant just walk in to walmart and buy a camshaft at the checkout . oh and dont forget about the blue light specials on cranks. oh and while we are here honey lets get some diapers for the little ones.

No, i'm pretty sure i'd like my car more if parts weren't such a pita.

Personally i've always been a fan of Novas.(exluding the late 70s ones). For most of the same reasons i like my duster. My only complaint is that i don't like the Novas rear wheel well.(but you find that un-even wheel well on darts too)

70's Novas are ugly, yet than again so are Dusters, Swingers and whatever which has the same bodies and different names
you had me with the first 4 words of this post (yes, Novas are ugly. With a capital UG. They put the 'ug' in ugly).
But ......then you lost me.

When you really compare the two there is no comparison. Mopar's designers put one hell of a lot of thought into each and every line on the car. Making sure that what they put out there was proportional and looked good from every angle. and it really does.

Then you take the "peoples choice" nova.....is it my imagination, or is the roof line terrible on these things, and the rear side glass is way out of proportion.

I've tried explaining that to people i know. Sadly most dont see it or refuse to because they just said they like novas.

I don't have any badging or emblems at all anywhere on the outside of my 73 Dart, and a lot of people ask what year Pontiac it is.

Attachments

• dart2a.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 208
Sorry guys, but I can certainly see, especially to a younger person NOT familiar with Dusters and Novas, now you could easily mistake one for the other.

Must be a real beauach to be a Ponch Ventura or whatever the Olds was called owner, and have to fight all the "nice Nova" comments, LOL

1971-pontiac-ventura-pic-44358.jpeg

fk a bunch of novas.

dusters are easily doubly as smooth and sexy looking as a nova.

But, alas the primary reason Novas are more prevalent, is that the path to idiocracy is paved with camaro yellow.

Live and let live is what I say, but I agree that the Nova and Duster are some what alike
They booth had muscle cars under there bodies, and if there dad had a Nova thats what they see at times so go with it and laugh knowing you are happy with your MoPar and about to teach someone the defiance... Hay, a strait 6 Nova or 307 Nova was very plentiful and good looking handing short pony cars, seen by many

Lemmie clue yall in. ALL old cars are cool. You don't agree with that you need help.

I've had that happen with my 1973 duster and 1974 duster, always called a nova...... My 1971 dodge dart was always called a nova as well. They thought it was the gen II 1967 nova. Still get told that. One lady even called it a mustang....lol! I appreciate all old muscle cars and don't put down any of them regardless of brand. I have been known to poke a little fun though.....
In addition to Mopars I also also own a 1969 Nova SS pro touring setup. But wait I'm not that much of a chevy guy so I dropped in a 455 Pontiac GTO 1968 block 78 6x heads, (bored and stroked to 500cu.) 272 high duration cam, 850 edelbrock carb, 400 Turbo series Tranny, Hedmans long tube headers, 3 inch dual exhaust with 40 Series Flowmasters, 12 bolt Eaton posi with 3.73 gears, also a power disc conversion. Amongst all new suspension and handling upgrades.

Anyways, I have had a couple of people ask me if it's that's charger from fast and furious............. Also if it's a 70 AMX.
So basically it's not us..... It just that people in general these days just aren't that smart.

Just don't worry about it we can't be responsible for the stupidity of others out there. Just have to ignore it by nodding and walking away or use it as a teaching experience to educate others.

I got laid in the front seat of a Nova that a girl had!! Does that count for anything???...

I got laid in the front seat of a Nova that a girl had!! Does that count for anything???...
I like novas, but it`s well known that I`m mopar all the way thru. built a couple of chevys, they just didn`t float my boat. hey when some one asks me what my barracuda is, I`ll tell them --you don`t know much about cars do you, and let them continue to be stupid, cause you can`t change that. I mean, look at the $$$ I`m puttin in to this thing !-bob

Lemmie clue yall in. ALL old cars are cool. You don't agree with that you need help.

Maybe so. But some old cars are arguably more cool than others. Exponentially so.
Some got it almost right. And some got it perfectly right. (IMO 68-70 coke Bees)
And sometimes you just have to say the baby is ugly, Mr. Edsel Ford.
And I think the baby is a pig. And needs a nose job.

"it looks a lot like an old Nova I had back in the 70's"..... ...... ......:banghead:

And you said, "Yes, they both have four wheels"
I think you are new to this?
If so, I suggest that you get used to it.
And have good replies in mind.
If you were driving a Ferrari, people wouldn't talk to you at the pump.
Is that what you want?
I get it at least semi weekly. Just pretend you are Al Bundy. (It's a Dodge)

Quick!
Do you like this 66 Charger?

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 176
YES I LIKE THE 66-7 CARGER, HAD A COUPLE, BUT THEN AGAIN I COULD LIKE A FEW YEARS OF THE NOVA TOO! lol BUT THEN AGAIN HAVE 2 DUSTERS!?? BUT THEN WHAT DID FORREST GUMP SAY ?" STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES!???" lol
EVERYONE COVERED THE POINTS WELL, AND LIKE THE GUY SAID, MOPAR PARTS ARE A PITA AND EXPENSIVE, AND TRY FINDING AFFORABLE HEADERS FOR FIRST GEN DARTS AND SUCH. YA CAN'T EVEN STILL GET HEADEERS FROM DODGE-FIAT FOR THE SLANT!?? HAHAHAHAHA WHAT A JOKE????
CONVERSATION I GET AT THE AT THE PUMP???? PULL N THERE WITH A SLANT STILL RUNNING (HOOD DOWN) WHILE PUMPING GAS, PEOPLE RUN OVER TO ME AND SAY THATS A SLANT, I CAN TELL BUT BY HOW NICE IT SOUNDS, LIKE A SEWING MACHINE! REALLY! THEN OF COURSE THEY GOT TO TELL ME OFF THIER SLANT BLAH BLAH AND I JUST POLICELY LISTEN AND AGREE. THEN I SAY, I'M THINKING OF PUTTIN GLASSPACK ON IT SO IT WILL SOUND LIKE ON OF THOSE RICE BURNER JAP OFFF BREEDS! lol AH THE JOY OF DRIVING A SLANY DUSTER TO WORK EVERY DAY! lol

Sorry guys, but I can certainly see, especially to a younger person NOT familiar with Dusters and Novas, now you could easily mistake one for the other.

Must be a real beauach to be a Ponch Ventura or whatever the Olds was called owner, and have to fight all the "nice Nova" comments, LOL

1971-pontiac-ventura-pic-44358.jpeg

I owned a 73 Ventura with a Pontiac 350 (baby 400). It was a cool car and looked better than the Nova in my opinion :cheese:

Nova (Chevy)
Omega (Oldsmobile)
Ventura (Pontiac)
Appolo (Buick)

I owned a 73 Ventura with a Pontiac 350 (baby 400). It was a cool car and looked better than the Nova in my opinion :cheese:

Nova (Chevy)
Omega (Oldsmobile)
Ventura (Pontiac)
Appolo (Buick)
I had a 73 GTO same thing with a shaker hood.

Had my '65 Belvedere in Iowa, and an older guy (guessing around 70) came up at a gas station and ask me what it was. When I told him, he looked at me and smirked, thought I was pulling his leg. I had to show him the emblem that said Belvedere and that led to a "I'll be, never heard of it". However, no matter WHAT older mopar I drive, the younger group have the same question: "Got a 350 in it??" ! I guess it's the only older engine they know, and it makes them feel like they are in your world buy quoting that engine.... lol I learned to just give them that nod-of-confidence and their buddies look at them like "I didn't know you knew about older cars.."

Had my '65 Belvedere in Iowa, and an older guy (guessing around 70) came up at a gas station and ask me what it was. When I told him, he looked at me and smirked, thought I was pulling his leg. I had to show him the emblem that said Belvedere and that led to a "I'll be, never heard of it". However, no matter WHAT older mopar I drive, the younger group have the same question: "Got a 350 in it??" ! I guess it's the only older engine they know, and it makes them feel like they are in your world buy quoting that engine.... lol I learned to just give them that nod-of-confidence and their buddies look at them like "I didn't know you knew about older cars.."

lol. fk em .......tell em it has a Hemi,they don't know **** anyways and everybody knows a Hemi!

Can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit!

So far nobody's asked about my Nova. I've had at least 3 ask if it my Duster is a 70 - which it is - and I always say "Good eye" to thos folks.
One guy was a bit clueless - I was fueling up at the local Petro-Can and he saw me pulling in. My 360 isn't all that quiet. He came over and asked if it was a /6. I just chuckled and said no it is a 360. Then he reminisced about an old /6 Duster he used to have and what a great car it was. Nice fellow.
If someone is interested enough to ask me about my car, I'm happy to talk to them. Not everyone is as knowledgeable about old cars as me and I don't mind sharing some of that knowledge.

Steve

-
Back