Offset spring shackles hangers set ups

-
I forgot that mine has a 3/16 cal track plate spacing the spring away from the frame. It's roughly 1/2 inch on mine + 3/16, so 11/16 which is real close to 3/4".

Another deal, trim the tube/bushing in your front spring eyelet to get as much as possible.

It doesn't matter how far you offset the rear shackles or your spring perches.

Because a stock hanger mounts 1/2" away from the frame rail, you can only move the front of the spring 1/2" inward per side.

The front section of the spring is the limiting factor.

The 3/4" kit I bought didn't require welding on the forward spring perch. If I remember correctly the perches have offset bolt holes so you can bolt it directly where the old bolts were located. But I did have to do a little cutting for clearance for the perches to sit square against the rear frame rails. The rear perches stay the same. I can take pics tomorrow if you don't mind waiting.

Treblig
Hey, where did you get your kit from

Hey, where did you get your kit from

Just for information, a kit isn't necessary to move the springs 1/2" (or 3/4" as some refer to it). You can redrill front and rear hanger bracket holes, then just buy a set of spring perches for the housing. That's about as inexpensive a way as you can do it.

I guess..looks tight to me but if you've done it I guess it will work. I've always used the shackles.

shackles.jpg

I bought the 1/2" kit from Dr Diff. Quality parts and come powder coated.

Just for information, a kit isn't necessary to move the springs 1/2" (or 3/4" as some refer to it). You can redrill front and rear hanger bracket holes, then just buy a set of spring perches for the housing. That's about as inexpensive a way as you can do it.
Well, I'm not a welder & probably can't afford to pay one to weld new perches & for the front & rear hanger brackets, I'm not sure without looking at it how or where to reposition them & I don't trust anyone around me to do it the right way let alone pay who knows how much to do it, I do really appreciate your response though

On my 67 Barracuda I was able to rebuild the stock born-with springs, install new poly bushings leaving the hangers and shackles stock. I installed a 73 8 1/4 a body rear axle and was able to fit a 15" rally wheel 8" wide with 4 1/8" backspace and 275-60's with no problems. Really fills up the wheel well though--------------------:)

On my 67 Barracuda I was able to rebuild the stock born-with springs, install new poly bushings leaving the hangers and shackles stock. I installed a 73 8 1/4 a body rear axle and was able to fit a 15" rally wheel 8" wide with 4 1/8" backspace and 275-60's with no problems. Really fills up the wheel well though--------------------:)
What I'm trying to fit are 15x9, it's a 75 dart

What I'm trying to fit are 15x9, it's a 75 dart
this is a resurrected old thread. I bought my 3/4" offset stuff from a guy on here that said it wouldn`t work on his car. took a little doing , but my front hangars are very tite to the frame,and had to elongate an existing hole to get the bolt head completely in the frame, drill a hole in the other side for a socket. (been quite a while ago)! The rear offset hangars "ARE" 3/4", and I had the spring brackets welded a full 3/4" closer on the dana 60, just like I did on the 8 3/4 that I sold. I have 295 65 15 drag radials on my 68 fastback, alhto the front of the fenderwells are moved forward to the interior original wheel housing in the original shape and contour. so, if you do it right, you can get 3/4" offset w/ the right kit !! Bring your tape measure to the mopars at the park in November and some $$, will prove it ! there are diffences in these old cars, "and" possibly the people that made the offset kit !??? if I had it to do over again, I`d mini tub it tho !!

Last edited:
-
Back