One busy Sunday in the garage

-

71Demon528

Reaction score
Well yesterday was one busy Sunday. Got @-Boosted- powerglide FINALLY painted. Had the build complete for a few weeks, if not a month, but been so busy preparing for my daughter to be born, painting the glide has been getting delayed. Luckily Bill is an awesome guy and ensured me it was no rush. Now just gotta get it ready to ship out across the country. Moved right into finishing a 727 build then painting it. Then right into another 727 that was already disassembled. Got it cleaned, and assembled as far as we can go until the new valve body and billet front servo shows up. While that was happening got a call from another guy who wanted to bring his 727 over and have it rebuilt and upgraded. While he was on his way over we got a fresh 572 running in my friend/business partners roadrunner which went well. After that, tore the final 727 apart that got dropped off. Now I have a list of parts I will be ordering this morning for two 727s. 13 hours later, we were done. So thankful for the business and thanks to Bill for being patient with me.

Thank the Lord the race season is coming and I can’t wait to start the season with an addition to my family with my first child.

2090F85C-6406-45D3-8A79-1EC2D1135B86.jpeg

85049D51-9A16-4426-AE81-820A079DA647.jpeg

887726D1-BA7D-4B0A-A8DB-C17C84B66599.jpeg

66B30C21-E344-4A00-ABB9-41169E609787.jpeg

48C6921F-E95A-46C4-B886-D0350E0B48AD.jpeg

94A8749B-6ACF-497A-9BC4-3444F4F86F31.jpeg

B4BDB25B-D8E5-4624-B963-CBF9028F4DC1.jpeg

076D1C32-F811-4DD5-94F2-9082C10D3C11.jpeg

580B7F5E-2559-430B-9B6B-5F2E928A34D1.jpeg

30B1C50B-3512-4AE4-AFBE-4641234D76F7.jpeg

Very productive day for sure, congratulations on having your first. 65'

Having my kids was the best thing I ever did. Going to have my first grandchildren this August, twins! 65'

Congratulations again on the soon to be addition to the family. Great job on getting some work out. Kinda nice having a little side business to fund the racing isn’t it

Congratulations again on the soon to be addition to the family. Great job on getting some work out. Kinda nice having a little side business to fund the racing isn’t it

Thanks John! Hopefully you’ll meet her this year at the track.

And oh yes! it’s very nice to have a side business to help. Lord knows we all need it, lol.

Congratulations on your upcoming newborn! I need to learn how to rebuild a 727, only have a half dozen laying around...

Congratulations on having your first little one. They are life changing. U still have a little time to prepare. U are a busy man. Kim

Thank you Kim. Very appreciated! You’re right, still a little time to prepare. Gotta finish some work on the baby’s room before assembling two new dressers, the crib, then moving all the stuff in. I just hope the birth and everything goes smooth and she’s a healthy baby.

Thank you Kim. Very appreciated! You’re right, still a little time to prepare. Gotta finish some work on the baby’s room before assembling two new dressers, the crib, then moving all the stuff in. I just hope the birth and everything goes smooth and she’s a healthy baby.
I’ll pray that everything goes as planned. Kim

That's the most important thing, everyone is healthy and goes smoothly. When my wife was 6 months pregnant she got covid and was on way to beyond the is world. The hospital (Magee women's) talked to me several times about taking the baby early because they thought my wife wasn't going to make it. Thankfully it never came to that and after a month of being there they sent her home on oxygen. When it finally came time to have the baby, she was a week late so they induced her. Finally after almost 24hrs of labor they made the decision to give her a C-section.

We want to have another one but after the experience my wife had she is terrified to. Being a parent is very rewarding but can also be frustrating.

That's the most important thing, everyone is healthy and goes smoothly. When my wife was 6 months pregnant she got covid and was on way to beyond the is world. The hospital (Magee women's) talked to me several times about taking the baby early because they thought my wife wasn't going to make it. Thankfully it never came to that and after a month of being there they sent her home on oxygen. When it finally came time to have the baby, she was a week late so they induced her. Finally after almost 24hrs of labor they made the decision to give her a C-section.

We want to have another one but after the experience my wife had she is terrified to. Being a parent is very rewarding but can also be frustrating.

Wow brother that is horrible. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope everything is good now with your child?

I have certainly heard some pretty bad stories such as yours, so I pray we don’t encounter anything that horrible. I just try to not let my mind take me to those dark places, especially with my job, I witness some pretty nasty things in the world. So I just pray that all is well because I mean what else can you do?

My ex and I lost our first baby with a miscarriage while I was at work. I rushed home to comfort her but that’s about all I could do. I said it’s up to her when she was ready to try again. 6 months later she was pregnant again and we had Matt.(1988). In 1991 we had Ethan. Both were delivered with a C section. I was in the delivery room for both. Matt was lifeflighted to pittsburgh the next day after being born after having seizures from four blood spots on his brain. God blessed us and he was out of the hospital 10 days later.

Wow brother that is horrible. I am so sorry to hear that. I hope everything is good now with your child?

I have certainly heard some pretty bad stories such as yours, so I pray we don’t encounter anything that horrible. I just try to not let my mind take me to those dark places, especially with my job, I witness some pretty nasty things in the world. So I just pray that all is well because I mean what else can you do?
Yes my daughter is perfectly healthy. I pray that nobody has to go through that because in short, it sucked. I only shared that because as terrible as that time was, it made me see how blessed I am.

My ex and I lost our first baby with a miscarriage while I was at work. I rushed home to comfort her but that’s about all I could do. I said it’s up to her when she was ready to try again. 6 months later she was pregnant again and we had Matt.(1988). In 1991 we had Ethan. Both were delivered with a C section. I was in the delivery room for both. Matt was lifeflighted to pittsburgh the next day after being born after having seizures from four blood spots on his brain. God blessed us and he was out of the hospital 10 days later.

Wow John I never knew that! I bet that was a very long 10 days. It’s insane how many sad stories are out there where something bad happens during birth but then it all works out somehow.

Yes my daughter is perfectly healthy. I pray that nobody has to go through that because in short, it sucked. I only shared that because as terrible as that time was, it made me see how blessed I am.

You’re very blessed and I’m happy to hear she’s ok. I can’t even phantom how horrible that was to experience.

I couldn’t imagine something happening to my step daughter let alone our unborn child.

Sheesh! My one n only is 27 now. We’ve always said she was so good that we were afraid to have another….. actually during my wife’s pregnancy they did a test (amnio maybe) and the results came back and there was talks of birth defects, possible downs. Nothing came of it and we had a healthy baby girl, but the trauma of the whole ordeal pretty much ended our family expansion.

I’ve done very little race car wise….. but I’m feeling regret missing a couple key events so I guess that’s a good sign that I’m not done yet!

Sheesh! My one n only is 27 now. We’ve always said she was so good that we were afraid to have another….. actually during my wife’s pregnancy they did a test (amnio maybe) and the results came back and there was talks of birth defects, possible downs. Nothing came of it and we had a healthy baby girl, but the trauma of the whole ordeal pretty much ended our family expansion.

I’ve done very little race car wise….. but I’m feeling regret missing a couple key events so I guess that’s a good sign that I’m not done yet!

That trauma absolutely can stop people from extending their family. It truly is a miracle when babies are born in my opinion. So many things have to happen for the baby to born, mother be healthy, baby be healthy, then grow healthy. Just amazing. I’m happy your one and only grew up healthy.

You’ll be back at the race car soon enough. We all end up back there lol

I wish momma and baby-to-be to be healthy.

-
Back