Opinion on hood color?

-

dgully

Reaction score
So iam replacing my 69 dart bulge hood with a flat 67 hood with six pack scoop. Iam thinking I wont be able to match the Blue paint so was thinking satin black. But heres the thing I have a white rear stripe and white interior... Will it be to much contrasts?

Thank you

Pics welcome

that's what Iam afraid of, I need to get my paint guy over and maybe we can blend it.. I hope

I don't think black hoods look right, unless the black is continued back to the windshield.
To me anyway, just having a black hood, makes me think you didn't have the money to paint it, or like you just bolted it on to see what it looks like.

Black, until something darker comes along.

With wheels to match and chrome lug nuts to polish on.

20161024_174120.jpg

Not a Dart, but I saw a Challenger TA in person that was Plum Crazy with the white TA stripe. Black hood of course. Looked great.

I guess I could try that too.. iam still going to see what the paint guy has to say..

I once saw a 71 duster with a white interior and white stripes but with the black hood that carries over the fenders and around the side glass with the 340 wedge callout , it just looked wrong. Somebody had actually ordered it like that , perhaps they figured the hood black out would be white when they order white interior and stripes??? Recipe for cancelled order/car stay in dealer lot long...Do a google image search .....

71 duster white stripes and 340 hood - Google Search:

IMG_20150919_111109706.jpg
ok thoughts on this? Blue colored hood with six pack scoop that is white? Or just paint it all blue

IMO, a white hood or white scoop on a car that isn't white just looks like you put a white gel coated part on your car and didn't paint it, or worse, looks like a car that was wrecked and had a part replaced with a used part and didn't paint it

View attachment 1715030861 ok thoughts on this? Blue colored hood with six pack scoop that is white? Or just paint it all blue
Very nice car! You could try the blue and white , paint it all blue and vinyl wrap the scoop(that way you would see what it looks like before it is wrapped and after)if you don t like it just go back to blue.I did some image searches to visulise it , I found a Mr. Norms dart in orange with black hood and black stripe but white interior?Not sure you want to change your stripe to black(the white looks gooood over blue).In the end we are trying to help with our opinions but you should do it the way you like it!Also got to ask , is that mirror correct?

Know that I don t work in the vinyl wrap industry , I just like the concept , it opens doors , not sure if your stripe is painted or sticker but if its a sticker then the scoop and stripe will have the same color and texture!

I always wanted my car to have a six-pack scoop. I even built a plastic model from a kit and painted it. In the end after seeing many examples on the internet, I thought better of it. On a 68 Barracuda stock hood it just didn't look right to me. I thought it was just too wide and too high,on my car.
I hope it looks better on yours.
I vote satin black.
possibly with some narrow white accent stripes or bands, to go with the white BumbleBee.
Or all black and black stripe your BumbleBee..

I was going satin black but not sure if it would tie into the rest of the car being white interior and white striped

I always wanted my car to have a six-pack scoop. I even built a plastic model from a kit and painted it. In the end after seeing many examples on the internet, I thought better of it. On a 68 Barracuda stock hood it just didn't look right to me. I thought it was just too wide and too high,on my car.
I hope it looks better on yours.
I vote satin black.
possibly with some narrow white accent stripes or bands, to go with the white BumbleBee.
Or all black and black stripe your BumbleBee..
I like factory black colored hoods. (roadrunners, and six packs) I`d change the stripe to match the hood . I painted my 6 pack hood flat black, before we painted the car. Now it all the same blue, think I liked it black better !

Sorry so late, but the paint on my dart is really bad on the hood, roof and trunk. So knowing a full paint job is out of the financial question, I thought I'd play with the new wrap / plastic dip options. And well, $25 bucks and 2 hours later I was able to wrap my hood with the help of my teenage daughters and I'm very impressed with the outcome. I really like the black hood and white strip combo.

IMG_1835.JPG

That doesn't look bad, but also you have black rims and looks to be blacked out grill.. I might try the wrap thing too.
Thanks for the pic

I don't think black hoods look right, unless the black is continued back to the windshield.
To me anyway, just having a black hood, makes me think you didn't have the money to paint it, or like you just bolted it on to see what it looks like.
Well, that hurt my feelings :lol: because I'm going to flat black the hood & scoops all the way to the windshield (70 Dart). Going to split the flat black/color interface at the hood ribs. And I can afford the paint! Punaluu Stone PPG.:rofl:

Last edited:
-
Back