Parts Hoarder? Me? Show Your Stash!

-
I am not a hoarder
I only have 20 or 30 motorcycles
and another 20 or 30 bicycles
that's normal right?

What, exactly, is normal? I'm not sure. But me owning 19 Mopars is normal. Although my wife doesn't agree.

Normal is "what any given subject is about,..til you "really" get to know about what that particular subject is about",...Ya got more parts (that are worth a damn),.than most boneyards in Connecticut have,...I'm jealous...:prayer:

A38Valiant you wouldn't happen to have anything for a L body would you ?

Normal is boring, just a setting on the dryer.

Ok

Attachments

• IMGP6568.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMGP6575.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMGP9354.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMGP6577.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMGP5587.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMGP5589.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMGP5584.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 172
Wish I had a hoard like that. It would keep me busy till I find a job:)

With the exception of the parts I need for my own builds...

And sometimes you'll even sell those.

Gotta add to your collection, Will. Got the bell and clutch set up sitting in safely off to the side along with your iso's ready to return when we come back this spring.

Anyone thats ever dealt with A38 knows that he is more than fair with his prices and will sell you the dog if you really want it!!! I drove all the way from Michigan to his house to pick up some van parts, and he was a wonderful host. He showed us everything he had just in case we needed it, although at that time the dog wasn't for sale!! Times have changed and yes, even the family pet isn't safe!!! Shame too, I could've used a good dog!!!LOL!!! Geof

Okay, first off, Geof, the next time you're headed in this direction let me know. If it's as close as Will's place is (about 3 hours) I'll split the difference with you and we'll meet up.

Second, what Geof said is true. Our buddy here is a great guy to deal with. If you have a chance to deal with Will, do it.

A38Valiant you wouldn't happen to have anything for a L body would you ?
You mean Omni / Horizon? Yeah, I have a handfull of NOS parts. Not sure exactly what without looking, but I do remember a takeout metric speedo with like 12 KM on the odo, NOS fuel gauge, NOS steering wheel centers (2 or 3), 1.7 rod bearings, and I know there's more. I will inventory the NOS stash in a few days.

cjh, I can relate to your organized clutter there. I love the rear end rack! I need to build one, then I can quit trippin on them, lol.

ya know, it's not the stuff I buy off craigslist or from swap meets that bugs me so much
it's the junk I pick up for free off the side of the road that really clutters up the place
a full can of WD-40 yesterday, a working air pig today, four lap top's last week (2 work,2 for parts)
oh yea and a Ryobi power planer, not to mention the autoclave, (hey it works, anyone opening a tattoo shop?)

ya know, it's not the stuff I buy off craigslist or from swap meets that bugs me so much
it's the junk I pick up for free off the side of the road that really clutters up the place
a full can of WD-40 yesterday, a working air pig today, four lap top's last week (2 work,2 for parts)
oh yea and a Ryobi power planer, not to mention the autoclave, (hey it works, anyone opening a tattoo shop?)
I can relate,lol. And I also have the free autoclave that needs a good home. I am somehow compelled to turn around and go back when I pass a pile of stuff with a free sign. And after you've put in the effort to turn around and go back, pull over, get out, and scope the stuff, you HAVE TO take something. Otherwise you've wasted your time,lol.

my hoard of NOS 1969 Barracuda radios and gauges : )

scaled.php

dcp0822.jpg

Bro, you got issues, and parts! :)

I just cleaned a corner of my garage and found 2 Slant points distributors, 3 intakes, 3 air cleaners and an extra alternator bracket. I thought I had too many parts...

I can relate,lol. And I also have the free autoclave that needs a good home. I am somehow compelled to turn around and go back when I pass a pile of stuff with a free sign. And after you've put in the effort to turn around and go back, pull over, get out, and scope the stuff, you HAVE TO take something. Otherwise you've wasted your time,lol.

when ever I look at my piles of parts and think "what the hell am I doing?!?!?!"
I just remember other people I have known who have nothing because they spend all there money and time drinking or smoking pot or some other stupid waste of a life, and go "oh yea, I am fine THEY are the crazy ones!"

Bro, you got issues, and parts! :)

I just cleaned a corner of my garage and found 2 Slant points distributors, 3 intakes, 3 air cleaners and an extra alternator bracket. I thought I had too many parts...
When it gets scary is when you find something in your garage, like a box of 4 speed linkage, that you:
a) didn't know you had
b) have no idea where it came from, and
c) need help identifying.

Also scary when you search for over an hour for a pair of E-body leaf springs that you know you have. How does a guy lose something as big as a pair of springs? Easy. Slide them under a car so you don't trip on them, and forget you did it.

no hoarding...just extra parts for a rainy day,,,,I counted 19 aluminum intake manifolds the other day...

-
Back