Peeing on the quarter....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
.....anybody have a fix for it? Short of not filling up all the way.....or shortening the filler tube so you fill it from the trunk....Had a company bookmarked that had a fix for the peeing problem but it was for 66 and earlier A-bodies if I remember correctly. But that was several laptops ago. Had a subscription to a thread discussing this but can't find that either.
Would like to keep the factory tank. Dart has relocated springs but found a local guy with a Mandrel bender that thinks he will be able to squeeze a 3" tailpipe next to the tank.

Are you sure you have the correct gas cap?
Car is not assembled...yet...just trying to figure some things out. Have had at least a dozen A-bodies over the years...and every one of them looked like it was suffering from sort of Venereal Disease......aka drippy d..k.....lol...

Are you talking about the automatic shutoff feature not working on modern gas pumps? With most of the pumps I can stop it from overflowing if I hold the handle so that the spout is as low down into the filler tube as possible. That means pulling upward on the handle. It's not foolproof but it works most of the time.

Don't know if this is the thread maybe. I'm curious about this issue as well. I installed a later model fill tube on my Demon that has the baffle at the tank end as well as the flapper at the cap end. Don't know if it will resolve this problem or not yet.

filler neck modification

Are you talking about the automatic shutoff feature not working on modern gas pumps? With most of the pumps I can stop it from overflowing if I hold the handle so that the spout is as low down into the filler tube as possible. That means pulling upward on the handle. It's not foolproof but it works most of the time.
Nope...the puking effect as you drive away....from the sloshing going up the neck. But also the problem you mentioned. Guess the real problem has always been me overfilling...Thanks....
Don't know if this is the thread maybe. I'm curious about this issue as well. I installed a later model fill tube on my Demon that has the baffle at the tank end as well as the flapper at the cap end. Don't know if it will resolve this problem or not yet.

filler neck modification
That may be it, will look when I get a chance later tonight. Thanks...
For what kind of car? You didn't mention
69 Dart, sorry about leaving out the vital info.....

@Dubob....that was indeed the thread...thank you Sir....but reading thru it made think of another question....

-
Back