Performance Sheet

-

Cerwin

Reaction score
Hello Fellow A-Body Boys...
Im in need of a performance sheet, I think thats what it would be called, Something that will tell me what years motors were produced, size, hp, torque, what they came in and stuff to that effect. i have a 67 valiant and i wanna stick in a 318.. but as time passes im offered more motors and at better prices for bigger ones.
I originally wanted a 318 as i said, then a 360 was offered to me at no cost, then a 225 was basically pushed to me door for free, and then i found a 340 with a torqueflite glued to it and im thinking thats the route i would like to go with.
Since when have you last seen a 67 4dr with a 340? Rarely right? I see it every night in my dreams... now atleast.. =)
I'd just like to know what horsepower each motor had just so i can work with it, im kinda new to the mopar scene and i want to learn it all so i can be knowledgeable of what im doing and make less mistakes i would imagine.

Anyone and everyones help is thanked in advance.

Jeff

A '67 318 had 230 HP (I believe, I do realize that is not what you have.)
The most powerful 360 was a 245 HP. (Again, I believe.)
340's were 275 w/4bbl. , 290 or 295 HP with a 6pak.
However, when you rebuild it, money is the limit to the HP you can produce.
The 340 or 360 will do great. The 318 will be fine. How much power do you want to plug into the car?

Since when have you last seen a 67 4dr with a 340? Rarely right? I see it every night in my dreams... now atleast.. =)

When was the last time you saw a 4 dr with 340 decals on it! :thumblef:

How ever, you could bolt in the 360, and also put the 340 decals on it!
I would go 340 or 360 myself, the bigger the better.

Good luck.

Thanks for your replys and i had found a spec sheet on allpar.com
just no specs on 340's

i think with all my luck in motors i am aiming for the 340, i know the guys and i trust him.. hp however is going to be pouring out the engine bay when im done mind you i plan to keep it to road worthy and somewhat an everyday driver seeing as thats what i need from it.. but in all honestly i hate camero's and all my friends own ricers' so ANY help and suggestions on how to build a beast that will make them all cry as i fly past them will be noted and banked! :book:

And Keith, haha if i found stickers that said.. 'Hemi 500'
they would definetly be on the rear quarter.. besides when im done.. who will be able to read it as i fly past anyway??? =)

Sorry, another point to add was that im not sure what k frames work with what motors.. since i think you couldnt get a 340 4 door valiant.. what would i need to scab a k frame out of to make that motor fit in nicely??
And i heard that with either big blocks or small blocks in a a body you run into steering shaft issues .. hitting the exhaust.. is this true and what can you do to correct this issue? thank you in advance.

-
Back