Pick Up Truck Forum?

Should I Open a Truck Site?

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant wait to join!

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • I dont know - Dont Care

Votes: 84 32.2%
  • Absolutely not. Too many truck forums already.

Votes: 36 13.8%

• Total voters
-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been contemplating, should I open a site dedicated to trucks? Pick-ups and SUVs. American Brand trucks of course...

What do you think? Your input is appreciated.

Seems like a good idea if it maybe deals with the older trucks from the 1980's on back.

Since I had to trade my Cummins in for an older GMC that I know very little about I'd appreciate a truck forum like that. I'll be the first to join.

I will be the first one to join... not unless some one beats me to it :colors:

I don't know-might be good.I'm on a couple of sites,buy and sell stuff.If you do,I wouldn't quit my day job,don't seem to be as much traffic.Anyway if you do I'll be on it,if that's any help.

I would join up. All years makes and models (American) with the usual sub sections to split em up. I think it would be a great idea.

Would be first or second to join ...lol, but would say leave it open to all years and not just older trucks

I think its a good idea. I have been on a few truck sites, and like has been said, they are a bit slow. However, a Dodge truck site featuring all years should be a good thing. Since a lot of us here own Dodge trucks you will probably get a good amount of members right off.

-RPM

As long as it's free site, sure.

If my understanding is right, you guys have already purchased for....only for about everything under the sun.

with the exception of that one site formbodiesonly

As long as it's free site, sure.

If my understanding is right, you guys have already purchased for....only for about everything under the sun.

with the exception of that one site formbodiesonly

Um - no, I now own formbodiesonly.com as well as forjbodiesonly.com and forfbodiesonly.com

That would be great Joey. I belong to a couple of other dodge truck sites and they do not even compare to this type of forum. Very little traffic there. I know many members here have dodge trucks and would be for it. Here is mine. I am painting the bed as I type this.

Attachments

• Bumper2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 690
I think its a good idea. I have been on a few truck sites, and like has been said, they are a bit slow. However, a Dodge truck site featuring all years should be a good thing. Since a lot of us here own Dodge trucks you will probably get a good amount of members right off.

-RPM

My plan is to have a Ford Section, a Dodge Section and a Chevy / GMC section. Cover all American trucks. If it grows to a point of being large and busy, we can then split it into 3 sites, but that would be way down the road.

The advantage (IMO) is that many things associated with the trucks are shared across the brands. Such as truck liners, tow accessories, caps, etc.

I would be interested. Every time I turn on my computer I come here and the truck section on another Mopar site. In recent years I've worked on my Warlock more than my Dart.

Ok, since we're talking trucks - I have a 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 and it regularly does what I call "the funky chicken" on the highway. The front end shakes violently and goes completely out of control. All I can do to stop it is hit the brakes. I researched online and apparently this is a pretty common problem and is referred to also as "the death shake". Although it's a common problem there doesn't seem to be any real solution. I've changed the stabilizer many times and the shake seems to dissapear for a while then comes back. I got new tires and it had no effect. They have been rotated, balanced, and aligned.
Anyone else out there with a dodge truck that they love dearly but are getting so frustrated with they are thinking about getting a ffff...ford?
Input appreciated as always!!

i think its a good idea. I have been on a few truck sites, and like has been said, they are a bit slow. However, a dodge truck site featuring all years should be a good thing. Since a lot of us here own dodge trucks you will probably get a good amount of members right off.

-rpm

x2

Count me in, I have four pickups, would be great to have a site specific to them.
For parts, contacts, shows, swapmeets, etc...

Could I trade in my FABO gold membership to a Bronze on the truck site, LOL?

If its for all makes and years I'm interested cause I might find something useful for the Ranger. Its a Ferd :-\"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 269
I'll be in...have 3 trucks...95 Dakota, 97 2500 Cummins powered and a 90 Durango.

I'm in i have a 2002 ram I love the old dodge rams trucks i think this would be cool don't forget the power wagons

-
Back