Pics of the Lonely Duster

-

LonelyDuster

Reaction score
Sure wish I had taken a before picture. Anyways, another "A" body saved from the crusher. Thanks for all the help from members.

74 Duster

Rebuilt stock 318 2bbl w/340 cam (Solo pull and install)
Rebuilt 904 trans (Brother In Law)
Rebuilt front end w/poly bushings (Ebay)
New interior and carpet (Ebay)
Headers and 2 1/2 duals - (JC Whitney)
New fuel Tank and sender (Ebay)
Cragar SS Rims (Craigs List find)
Rechromed Bumpers (Local Shop)
New Vinyl Top (Ebay, installed by me)
Many another parts I replaced but forgot by now (Autozone and Checker)
Vitamin "C" Orange Paint (by a local shop)

Initial cost for car $500
Parts and services $6000
For a cool car that I know every inch of now $6500

Rumbles nicely with cam and duals, good on gas, not a screamer but very enjoyable ride.

Not bad for a lonely guy in his garage with way too much spare time.

Future will hold a rebuilt rear end for obligatory wheel spins.

Thanks Again

0324091419a.jpg

Are you shittin me she looks great for $6500. I hope my car looks that good when I hit the $6500 mark. Great job!!

Future will hold a rebuilt rear end for obligatory wheel spins.

Alll right!!!!!!! Nice job there!!

Makin HERO status there bud!

Finally a story about a car that was saved from the crusher, not one that says that if he doesn't get 10 grand for it he'll crush it!
Kudos to you LonelyDuster, you are an inspiration to all of us here, and thanks for sharing your car and it's story with us.:salut:
Enjoy it to the fullest!

Wow, job well done. Especially like the color combo, blacked out grill, and wheel and tire choice. Real tasteful!

Nice build and color choice LonelyDuster :thumbrig:
My 26 year old sun said that is the color I should do Victoria, my 66 Valiant Sedan. You have put a great car together, Congrat's =D>

I want change the ring and pinion and install a locker in the rear end. Any suggestions as to gear ratio and brand to make it have a little more low end punch? It's a 8 1/4 rear end

0324091421a.jpg

0324091422a.jpg

First of all, job well done !

For a little more punch, but still driveable on the highway, go with a 3.23 or 3.55. Motive makes a good gear, at a very reasonable price.
Not sure about the locker, go with a Sure Grip.

as far as gearing goes stick with the 3.55's a great all around gear. if ya want a bit more maybe some 3.73's . I run 3.91's and dont like them on a highway. 3.55's is the sweet spot though.

nice nice ride !

-RPM

I recognize the hills in the background. I used to live there and had a lot of fun driving around with 3.55 gears. You will be surprised at how much they will wake her up yet still allow you to move down the highway without hitting you in the wallet.

Nice ride, and hope you enjoy it for years to come. Let us know how it drives going over Trans Mountain - bet it will be fun.

LonelyDuster are you military? That looks like a military installation in the background.

-
Back