popular hot rodding 68 valiant

-
they paid too much for that thing to begin with. then what hacks butchering it because they bought the wrong size wheels.

What do you expect?
If it entails more then 3 clicks to get parts thru Summit or Jegs they loose interest.Not able to throw stuff together as easy for a Mopar as it is a Chevy.One might have to actually leave the office and look in wrecking yards, and not just pick up some aluminium heads and fuel injection kit while getting you morning coffee at the corner quickie mart ><

Just proves the guys at PHR are a bunch of morons. :wack:

I must admit, that was pretty poor. I'm pretty much against the use of wheel adapters, anywhere, anytime.

"Back in the day" in San Diego, there were a couple of guys that were damn sorry they ever fooled with em.

.Not able to throw stuff together as easy for a Mopar as it is a Chevy.One might have to actually leave the office and look in wrecking yards, and not just pick up some aluminium heads and fuel injection kit while getting you morning coffee at the corner quickie mart ><

Heck, half the fun is chasing down the parts. My kids love helping me find and clean up them old parts. As a former "Chevy guy" of 30 + years, I must admit, I am finding my Duster build more rewarding than just about any other car I have worked on.

Pat

This is what Chevy guys do when they buy a mopar

That's because Chevy guys don't drive their cars, they just talk about how "bad ***", "much better" they are and "just you wait and see". They also always know a guy and his car has an engine out of a Corvette and he would so waist your car....we've all heard it before.

Way to ruin an otherwise clean car.

Editor (Johnny Hunkins) not too bright.It the past,he hacked up a Chevy Laguna,Let GMPP cut up the40+ year old PHR project car"Project X" into a pro touring wannabe.Not the best magazine editor around.

Heck, half the fun is chasing down the parts. My kids love helping me find and clean up them old parts. As a former "Chevy guy" of 30 + years, I must admit, I am finding my Duster build more rewarding than just about any other car I have worked on.

Pat

While I don't have minions to do my parts cleaning :) I completely agree. My first time to a yard, pulling all the parts I need and coming back and making them look pretty good and installing them was awesome, it's a very gratifying experience.

My build is going really really slow. I LOVE IT!

And when that 340 is ready...well.....corvette? :finga:

tried to post n their youtube but its locked... so

Wheel adapters? Way to half @$$ a job. This is what happens when you let chevy guys touch a mopar. Jacked up the wheel wells because youre not smart. Either redrill the rotors/drums OR just buy the right sized wheel pattern or get the right backspacking. Not to mention all you did was paint the grille, clean the engine, buff the car and put the wrong wheels on the car. Next time you want to ruin a car, do it to a GM. 68valiant is my favorite car. Hard to find. do you know what a beater is?

ha,ha,ha...they sure love paying way too much. Coker Tires? Yeah, open your wallet W-I-D-E.

Are these guys in league with the morons on Horsepower TV? I shudder every time they announce a Mopar project.. like the episode where they yanked out a big block to put a small block back in.. replaced all the fuel system parts.. with the same things only chrome plated... I thought that was stupid and I'm a small block guy! That green Cuda hasn't been back since either...

I also love the 360 they bought for a grand off Ebay.. that easily had 5 grand worth of parts in it.. wish I could find a desperate crack addict selling out like that!
"Budget build" my @$$.....

They also always know a guy and his car has an engine out of a Corvette
that's the one that always makes me laugh- so the guy took an engine out of a car that was already slower than mine and put it in a car that will make it even slower.

oooohhh I'm scared now:shaking2:

I guess they never heard of a tape measure, i know it's new technology.

Plain black wheels and they couldn't even get any made up with the correct bolt pattern?
I especially like how they took a whizz wheel and cut out a fender mounting bolt and bracket. Spending money to include mounting bolts the car doesn't need; yeah, that's something the factory would do.
A ball peen hammer and a four by four "rolling" fender lips without so much as a blanket to protect the paint they were going to spend all that money on having buffed, really?
You really learn what their resident Mopar man knows when you see them dump the car in the front loosing what precious little camber the car had to begin with.
Quite frankly, the car looked much better as an unmolested survivor before they started screwing with it.

They only paid $2500 for that car. Most of the cars advertised on FABO are not as solid as that.

From the pictures you can tell it's been repainted and had recovered interior. All they did was rub out the paint.

***I'm pretty sure I know the car. The poor guy put too much money into a slant 6 car. I it's the same one, the motor and front end was rebuilt. Totally rust free too. Guy wanted more than $2500 a couple year ago. You guys think $2500 is overpaying for a car not needing a repaint or upholstery?

I'll get more details and confirmation on the car soon.***

Ok, it is a different car than the one I'm thinking of. But wow, they were very close.

...You really learn what their resident Mopar man knows when you see them dump the car in the front loosing what precious little camber the car had to begin with

Just lowering the car that much will not lose camber. It will actually gain some which will be fine with the radial tires they are running.

I think you actually mean CASTER. And lowering the front will not lose that much either. The rear being higher than the front will lose some with the added rake. But no worse than all the people that run big tires on the back of thier A-bodies.

Quite frankly, the car looked much better as an unmolested survivor before they started screwing with it.

That bright yellow is not a 68 color. And the interior has been redone aftermarket. What car are you looking at? Not a unmolested survivor.

Cliff Gromer(editor of Mopar Action) ,called their editor out last year.The editor made a statement of not being able to find modified mopars to represent.I have seen him whining on chev websites.I come here daily,see plenty of tasteful modified mopars.

So let me get this right. It qualify's as a project if you take your car into a shop for new tires, buy incorrect fitting rims while there and then pay another guy to wash and polish it?

All that for only $1600? Now I see why the magazine costs so much.

So let me get this right. It qualify's as a project if you take your car into a shop for new tires, buy incorrect fitting rims while there and then pay another guy to wash and polish it?

All that for only $1600? Now I see why the magazine costs so much.

Did it say they were done with this car and they are not going to do anything else to it?

I'm sure this is just the beginning of a series of installments. It's a magazine project car. I personally think that is why they went with the spacers, because they plan later to convert to large bolt pattern.

The guy washing and polishing it was professionally explaining and showing veiwers how they could do this stuff themselves.

I think the whole idea of this segment was to show how big the visual impact was from just changing rims and buffing a car out.

-
Back