Port Mismatches

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What, if any, would be the issues using a small port intake on a large port head engine like a 340/360. A friend suggested there might be sealing issues. This would be on a strictly street engine

Like a as cast LD4B or Perrormer on a 360 head or an Edelbrock head? I agree with Rusty. I guess you could find something if you poke the bear hard enough? IDK! The smaller intake port window won’t have any ill effect worthy of mention is there is actually one to be worried about IMO.

The reverse, not a good idea.

Like a as cast LD4B or Perrormer on a 360 head or an Edelbrock head? I agree with Rusty. I guess you could find something if you poke the bear hard enough? IDK! The smaller intake port window won’t have any ill effect worthy of mention is there is actually one to be worried about IMO.

The reverse, not a good idea.
Even so, Chrysler did the reverse on millions of engines. 360 intakes on 318s.

No problem at all. I’ve did it many times. And the reverse many times as well. The reversion they yap about never seemed to bother the the big ports flowing into the little ports. Just use the big port gaskets. Kim

Last edited:
Bigger head ports get their velocity up drawing through a smaller intake and depending on where the port mismatch is you could be looking at a very favorable accident in fuel suspension.
If your intake port lies center or higher the better.

-
Back