Post your favorite Mopar Myth.

-

Woods74

Broke Senior
Reaction score
Over time, I've noticed certain inconsistencies with certain parts and beliefs compared to other forums when it comes to Mopars. Not saying they don't have any basis to back up the claim, not claiming 100% accuracy either.

I'll kick it off:

Ma was the fastest thing ever built from the factory, or in a back yard.
Ma had the best factory tolerances.
Ma is still the best.
Certain aftermarket work fine for others, but as soon as it sees 'mopar blue' it doesn't work.
Performance parts work better in a Mopar.

Etc.

Let's have fun with it! :cheers:

I know a guy that has a warehouse full of original 60's 426 Hemis in crates for only $500 each....

But whenever you ask for names, numbers, etc, so you can go buy one (or a few), they can never give you one..... I'll get back to you....

Can a Plymouth Satellite actually go the speed of light?

How about that the slant six was actually 1/2 of a V-12 that Chrysler created for a military tank for the USA government !!!

In 1964 to 1972 there was more slant 6 engines working to feed the wourld in combines singing as they could be seen a mile away glowing red and still running

"Chryslers start hard because the gear reduction starter turns them too slow."

"Hemi heads will bolt right onto a " (your choice) 383, 440, 426 wedge, etc etc"

Some guy once insisted that Dodge 440s were put together better than Plymouth 440s

I actually had a guy recently argue with me over the 440. He told me it was "actually" a General Motors design.....Mopar had nothing to do with the 440 CID engine. I could have **** my pants!

Honestly, I tried to argue for a short time, was nothing getting through his thick skull LOL I left well enough alone!

**Slant 6's would run for 6 months without oil.....(I bet they would too with some of the oil we have today! LOL Sticky **** it is!)

Plymouth used = 383 and Dodge used = 440 engines , this is what I was told many many moons ago then I turned 12 years old :D and learned the truth :glasses7:

I actually had a guy recently argue with me over the 440. He told me it was "actually" a General Motors design.....Mopar had nothing to do with the 440 CID engine. I could have **** my pants!

Honestly, I tried to argue for a short time, was nothing getting through his thick skull LOL I left well enough alone!

There is no shortage of stupidity in the world.

I have better as a rookie parts guy,'97... A customer walks in,waving a Champion spark plug at me. (O.K....).
Customer states" You told me,I own a 8 spark plug V8 440,I only found seven!" .My response"Yes ,all 440's are all eight cylinders..". I had him pull the doghouse,and I pointed . Geez....
All 440's are seven cylinders.....

They made a 1971 Challenger T/A.

Only 28 T/As were made in Panther Pink.

The T/A hood was used to replace Shaker hoods during the 'shortage'.

All myths.

"Good slant 6 heads are almost impossible to find, worth $500 for just a rebuildable one"

Local parts guy, think he has a couple screws loose, tells me this story once evey couple months it seems like.

"Good slant 6 heads are almost impossible to find, worth $500 for just a rebuildable one"

Local parts guy, think he has a couple screws loose, tells me this story once evey couple months it seems like.

Tell him you'll sell him every good core you find for 300.

The 383 six pack.

None made factory, Mopar? I could have swore I seen a 383 with a 6 pack on it, just can't remember if it was an actual "6 Pack" or a "6 Barrel".....But then again, it could have been a "user" addition, as wasn't the intakes from a 383 and the 440 the same? Wait, no, they weren't! The "common" 383 is a B block as the 440 is a RB block. does that make a difference? I'm unsure here!

How exactly does a posi trac rear end on a Plymouth work... It just does....

[ame]http://youtu.be/1E6IfdUJn6s[/ame]

The 340 is like a Chevy 327 but with funny rocker arms...

-
Back