Post your favorite Mopar Myth.

-
Forgot to say, NICE modeling work too! Where'd ya get the hair dryers on the reversed headers/exhaust manifolds? Hmmmmm

thanks

the snails are custom resin pieces I got from one of the members over at http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/ and the reversed headers are just that, some stock manifolds from the partsbox turned backwards

the tubing is old spruce heated with a lighter to shape it

I used to do a lot of modeling then at some point we started having kids and there just isn't any time anymore

Thats a myth? I thought they were banned bcuz it was dangerous to have all that power with their short wheelbase.

Ok here is my take on the deal. Mopars had ruled and they let Grumpus put a sb in a vega and chevy was back in the ball game. So Mopar put the Hemi in the Colt and NHRA said NO. Yes a few did wreck, hell that happens a lot in drag racing, Billy the Kid's had the wheelie bars tied up, Don Carlton just passed out due to heat and fatigue issues, etc. Yes lots of horsepower and short wheelbase is not perfect combo, but NHRA did not want Mopar to own the class. Hell they still don't. If you read the articles, there are no facts just hot air..........

Ok here is my take on the deal. Mopars had ruled and they let Grumpus put a sb in a vega and chevy was back in the ball game. So Mopar put the Hemi in the Colt and NHRA said NO. Yes a few did wreck, hell that happens a lot in drag racing, Billy the Kid's had the wheelie bars tied up, Don Carlton just passed out due to heat and fatigue issues, etc. Yes lots of horsepower and short wheelbase is not perfect combo, but NHRA did not want Mopar to own the class. Hell they still don't. If you read the articles, there are no facts just hot air..........

Fuel Altereds, nough said

thanks

the snails are custom resin pieces I got from one of the members over at http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/ and the reversed headers are just that, some stock manifolds from the partsbox turned backwards

the tubing is old spruce heated with a lighter to shape it

I used to do a lot of modeling then at some point we started having kids and there just isn't any time anymore

I know what the "kid" thing is like mine just seems to be "9" all of a sudden, where the hell does the time go!?

As for the modeling looks GREAT!

That's sad and hilarious. Bans like that prove mopars superiority! Just like when NASCAR banned the winged cars Daytona and superbird.

That's easy to explain. Both Bill France and Wally Parks had hard ons for Chevy so they were gonna do whatever it took to keep Chevy on top. That's the long and short of it. I actually like the older Chevy stuff....back when the engines were orange. They were cool, cheap and reliable to build. Still are. It's just that this explosion occurred somewhere in time and you started seeing them in everything. That gets boring. One of my dreams has always been to acquire older, more obscure engines and offer a specialty service building them for hot rods and rat rods. Nailheads, Early Hemis, Polys, First generation Olds OHV, Ford Y blocks, older Caddys and the like. But it'll never happen now. We'll be lucky to last out the summer in the same house I think. Oh well. Das da brakes.

Who can positively say why Chrysler Dodge Plymouth only put the gold pentastar on the right side front fender? Not a myth, but so many stories are out there. What is the truth?

every car in the sixtys the penstar was to show the class of the car.On your fender tag it shows the class of the car.The ones that showed high for the class got penstars

None made factory, Mopar? I could have swore I seen a 383 with a 6 pack on it, just can't remember if it was an actual "6 Pack" or a "6 Barrel".....But then again, it could have been a "user" addition, as wasn't the intakes from a 383 and the 440 the same? Wait, no, they weren't! The "common" 383 is a B block as the 440 is a RB block. does that make a difference? I'm unsure here!

mebbe none factory made, but it was either edelbrock or direct connection that used to make a six pack intake machined for the lower deck height 383 and 400 B engines.

Matt

( its not that bad, its only one hundred dollars )

Who can positively say why Chrysler Dodge Plymouth only put the gold pentastar on the right side front fender? Not a myth, but so many stories are out there. What is the truth?

as Paul Harvey used to say, here's the rest of the story

The pentastar was chryslers logo mark like the blue GM or ford oval. chryco wanted people to identify their cars as chryco products the stylists initially wanted the pentastar on both lower front fenders, the bean counters won out by saying it cost too much and only needed to be on the curb side where pedestrians would typically view the vehicle when it was paralell parked. the gold tone finish was to grab the attention of passers by. the initial pentastars were of pot metal that was chromed, and toned gold. these look really nice, later on around 1966 the badges started being made from black plastic with a stamped aluminum gold anodized insert. i believe 1971 or 1972 was the last year for this short lived tradition.

just my .02
matt

the funniest one I had, what's a guy coming up to me at car show saying he used to have a 71 Roadrunner convertible. I laughed and said not without some creative sawzall work.

Matt

the funniest one I had, what's a guy coming up to me at car show saying he used to have a 71 Roadrunner convertible. I laughed and said not without some creative sawzall work.

I would LOVE to know where some people come up with this ****.....I mean really....Had 2 comments from the look on 2 different guys faces looking at my 383 in my truck. the latest was my Step-Sons friend, "Bruce" looks in "nice 283 small block". My Step-Son looks over and goes, Bruce, are you seriously blind? (He's a Ford guy/kid), you might want to look again and re-consider what you think and know of a big or small block engine LOL He looks again under the hood, and goes what, its a 283....thats a small block! I just glanced and said, WHAT type truck it is? He looks OHH Yeah, and then looks at both my step-son and me, and still says its still a 283..........I looks at him and said, yeah plus you add 100 cubes to it and you got MY motor.....

Where do they come up with this ****? I just wished, I knew where so I'd know what to counter it with...... LMAO

Myths, I've heard many. More misinformed stories than anything else.
Personal truths: I know very little about Fords and Chevy's and I like it that way.
I'm not a fan or owner of them and I don't ever plan to be.

Talked to this guy at Carlisle. I think he drinks more than
me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 87
-
Back